• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

Am I the only one who like Splinter Cell: Conviction?

Nah, I liked it a lot, and posted about it a lot during the summer sale. The campaign was long and decent, if uneven, and I played Spies and Mercs a lot too - it's actually one of my most-played games on Steam at ~40 hours or so.

Shadownet

Banned
I just hated the grey filter. It killed a lot of the ambience that I was expecting.

It was hard to get used to it at first but I found it quite useful. To me it was better than looking at a bar on the bottom to tell when you're completely in the dark or not. But I can see what you mean.

XD

I have won a round against him the other day, true story!

He's not as amazing as he used to be. Some people has been beating him :p but he's still pretty damn tough though.

Huh.
Might need to get that... sometime, then.
The last one I played was Chaos Theory.
If you can only get 1. I would get Splinter Cell Blacklist.

What an amazing game. I had tons of hype for it. Did not disappoint. The PC version ran well too I think. I only played it on PS3. The story is like a Mission Impossible movie.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
He's not as amazing as he used to be. Some people has been beating him :p but he's still pretty damn tough though.

I play with him from time to time and he only got better imo, but the other gaf players who are serious about the game got better too. It's balancing itself out.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I'm looking forward to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call next week. I probably put more hours than I care to admit into the original
>100

Oh yeah... Steam things and stuff.

I bought the original Theatrhythm used but when I heard about Curtain Call I decided to sell it after playing it for only a few hours. I really liked what I played of the original, but I probably won't pick up Curtain Call on release. I'll definitely pick it up at some point though.

2spooky4me

I'm really hoping for a Humble 2spooky Bundle, filled with spooky games and non-spooky halloween-esque games like Claire, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Sunless Sea, etc.

And Haunt the House: Terrortown. That game looks pretty cool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
NA Super Smash Bros Demo (3DS) #2 -- MB-069BCC2C2C219986 - Taken by jshackles. 7 entrants total.

Alright guys, time to pre-order! Thanks WinterDemons. :)

Shadownet

Banned
I thought Shadownet was modbot?
There's more than one?!

Of course there is.

Nbnt have been suspiciously absent though :/ I hope he and fuzzy come back soon. I talked to them last week.

Also, how is the Smash demo on 3DS? Any good? I don't have a Wii U..

But I might get it on 3DS.

L.O.R.D

JUST GOT MY CODE
jOZqoei.jpg

that made my day

got it from friend

rickyson1

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rickyson1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-0243EEAB5FC2CD8A - Taken by ramoisdead
Deponia -- MB-05C3653260184B74 - Taken by Evrain

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
"BinaryPork2737" is pretty close to "ModBot"

Exactly, so I can understand the confusion, but the posts always have a sentence saying "send a PM to ModBot," so it shouldn't happen :p

I thought Shadownet was modbot?
There's more than one?!

We're all ModBot's alt accounts.

Even you.

So. Is it good?

The Smash demo?

I'm not as excited as I thought I would be about it. I think I would enjoy the demo more with remappable buttons. I think that's in the main game though, so that's good. Some of the new items are cool, like the fire sword thing.

Opinion on characters: I sort of like Animal Crossing Villager, but not that much. I like playing as Mega Man more than I thought I would. Mario and Link play fine. I still don't like using Pikachu that much.

Khronico

Urgh....

Been going back and forth about whether or not I should get RE6. I really liked RE4 and RER, and RE6 looks like it has some really awesome shooting mechanics. Campaign looks really mediocre, but mercs looks fun... I enjoyed the demo on PS3 and PC version would be nice since I won't have to worry about framerate issues... UGH

larry-david-reaction.gif

Should I spend 6 bucks on it or just save that money for something else?

iosefe

Exactly, so I can understand the confusion, but the posts always have a sentence saying "send a PM to ModBot," so it shouldn't happen :p

We're all ModBot's alt accounts.

Even you.

The Smash demo?

I'm not as excited as I thought I would be about it. I think I would enjoy the demo more with remappable buttons. I think that's in the main game though, so that's good. Some of the new items are cool, like the fire sword thing.

Opinion on characters: I sort of like Animal Crossing Villager, but not that much. I like playing as Mega Man more than I thought I would. Mario and Link play fine. I still don't like using Pikachu that much.
I bet mega man is a blast. Still salty about the no CPP support

Really enjoying Fable Anniversary, game is still incredibly charming and the gameplay holds up a lot better than I was expecting. Some people are having issues with crashes but I haven't had any, Can't say the FXAA is bothering me either, although obviously I'll turn it off with the option becomes available. Running at a steady 60 FPS at 3200x1800

Jawmuncher

Urgh....

Been going back and forth about whether or not I should get RE6. I really liked RE4 and RER, and RE6 looks like it has some really awesome shooting mechanics. Campaign looks really mediocre, but mercs looks fun... I enjoyed the demo on PS3 and PC version would be nice since I won't have to worry about framerate issues... UGH

larry-david-reaction.gif

Should I spend 6 bucks on it or just save that money for something else?

RE6 is well worth that price.
You get more than enough value for your money. Plus if you don't dig the campaigns. You'll still have all the Mercs maps.

The MP modes aren't needed

If anyone was interested, here are my early impressions of Darkwood

Was debating between Darkwood, Road Not Taken, and Hack N Slash, but after seeing the second gameplay video, I decided to go with Darkwod. Played for little over an hour and I definitely made the right choice. This game is great. The sound design, man, nothing else I've played since perhaps Capsule has had an atmosphere that benefited so much from the sound. The drawn-out screech as you drag a wardrobe over to block an opening. The creek of an opening door. The heft of your swings when you swing. Your panting breath as your stamina drops. The otherworldly moans and guttural sounds out there in the darkness. It adds so much to the tension and tone

The game is weird and eerie and atmospheric and scary. The opening just feels off (in a good way), really sets the mood. Combat is fast but also tense, as you need to be mindful of your stamina and each swing takes time. The attention to detail here is wonderful: the soft flickering of the oven pilot light, your character's animations as he clambers over a fence or readies his weapon, the trail of blood in your wake when you're bleeding from a wound, the daylight fading away as night comes

You feel desperate and alone, barely equipped with a shovel and a few bear traps as the night falls and your single flare sputters out. Pushing furniture in front of doorways and openings, using your meager supplies to barricade windows. This is true survival horror

Haven't explored much and only encountered like two enemies, but everything so far has been very impressive and very promising

Miker

RE6 for $6: you can either

A) Don't bother learning the mechanics, laugh/cry your way through RE6's 4 shitty campaigns and say you got your money's worth

or

B) Fall in love with the mechanics, laugh/cry your way through RE6's 4 shitty campaigns, then play Mercs for 10+ hours afterwards because of how much content and variety there is.

Anyway, DmC and Remember Me are both performance champs. I'm downsampling from 1440p on my lowly Radeon 7850 and maintaining a solid 60 fps. I bet some people with better cards could downsample from 4K and maintain 60 fps. They're both UE3 games, so that's expected to an extent, but it's not always a guarantee. But good lord, these two are both smooth as butter and visually interesting and just oh-so-slick.

Miker

Man, I really suck at dodging in Revelaitons.
I'm 3/4ths through the game and I still haven't gotten my "20 dodges" chievo.

It's the jankiest mechanic in the game. I found it easier to stop moving the left stick (or WASD), then pressing up/W when the attack was going to come. Dodging while moving is difficult, and I was only able to do it on accident.

Shadownet

Banned
Nah, pretty sure Shadownet left.

How can I ever leave you todd.
---
My god I just finished the 11th episode of the Legend of Korra. I was skeptic but man this series is already better than The Last Airbender. And I loved Aang and the gang. Everything about this show is epic.

I think the more mature setting and conflicts is really well done.

This is getting me so hype for the game.
---
Also thanks for the Darkwood review Badass. O had a copy of it gifted to me for my birthday but I ended up giving it to a friend because I could always get it later and had so many games to play. I'm glad its not disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom