• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to finish building my bros pc before playing re6. Hopefully theres still people playing mercs. If not GAME NIGHT ANYONE?? Tbh I dont even know what mercs is and why apparently its the only good thing about re6, ill find out by the 19th hopefully (my bros bday so his pc might be finished by that time)
Sounds awesome! I'd be down for a game night of RE6 mercs.

Waiting to finish building my bros pc before playing re6. Hopefully theres still people playing mercs. If not GAME NIGHT ANYONE?? Tbh I dont even know what mercs is and why apparently its the only good thing about re6, ill find out by the 19th hopefully (my bros bday so his pc might be finished by that time)

Count me in for a RE6 game night. Predator could also a nice mode to play since it supports up to 6 players.

I'm convinced that the news reports in Remember Me are there to make sure you're listening. This lady was just talking about some dude named Lieutenant Squarejaw Tightpants Trace (Tres?).

Like... It's hilarious, but wat.

Turfster

I really liked the story in Remember Me..

shame it got trashed by critics

FDm7k.jpg

Miguel81

Done with Black Flag main campaign. Can we add it as a synonym for
anticlimactic
. Hope Aveline and some multi cheer me up.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
So on this current Capcom deal... what are the games to get and the games to avoid.

I don't think I have a single Capcom game in my set lol.

Lomax

Gamespot giving away GoG copies of The Witcher 2:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gog-com-6th-anniversary-giveaway/1100-6422300/

Here's the code I got for anyone who can't get the giveaway to work or can't access gamespot:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-1EF4A55531EF3508 - Taken by vvise

Anteater

Man fuck quoting on the phone, too much scrolling.

I'm having more luck with dmc's performance than remember me at higher res, both games run good but remember me stutters when running through the level, could be just me running out of vram or something, but I choose to blame u3e

I missed out on Warband for $1?

Is it that good?

The first time I played it, I put in about 5 hours. It didn't really click with me. I wasn't used to the controls, I had apparently picked a bad skillset (hint: crossbows are nigh-useless) and the graphics weren't much to look at.

I put it away for a few months, then gave it another go, and everything totally clicked. Well, except the graphics, but this time I could overlook it. And I put damn near 100 hours into it to end the exhaustive campaign. It's 90% RPG with maybe 10% RTS. And if you want to play it as a trading sim, you can even do that. You can join one of six factions (after you do enough favours for them) or start a seventh. You can try your hand at diplomacy and get other nobles to join your cause. You can do first-person horseback fighting - archery, lances with one-hit kills if you do it right, or just plain sword. You can do limited town management and start up businesses for extra income...as long as your faction controls the town. You can play political games and curry favour with nobles so they support you when it's time for the king to hand out a new captured holding.

And yes...there ARE siege towers. Thanks for asking!

Overall, Warband isn't the head cheerleader or the captain of the basketball team, but seems to be friends with everyone in school and will always save you a seat at lunch or let you borrow notes from class. It's the that kid of video games. If that makes any sense.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So on this current Capcom deal... what are the games to get and the games to avoid.

I don't think I have a single Capcom game in my set lol.

Subject to if you consider the sales decent enough and if you're interested in them.

Get:

Remember Me
RE 4
RE 5
DMC 4
DR2: Off the Record (Eventually will be made a Steamworks title so you don't need GFWL)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Dark Void Zero (If you don't mind shitty activation limited third party DRM)

I have no strong opinion one way or the other on the other games, for the most part.

Except the Bionic Commando reboot. For spoiler reasons that ruin the story.

I really liked the story in Remember Me..

shame it got trashed by critics

For the most part the story was decent, and it had a lot of potential, up until the big twist/reveal at the end... That was just so stupid, the finale was utter garbage. I loved the rest of the game though. Definitely didn't get the attention it deserved.

Sell me on it!
Maybe I'll download it after finishing Bulletstorm

I'm Doctor No today...

Remember me is a very frustrating game to play. It offers glimpses of great locations you never visit. It has gameplay mechanics that end as soon as you start to enjoy them.

Basically it never gets to where you want it to go. Purchase in hope of a sequel that delivers on the promise? Maybe, but I think the odds of another game are slim, let alone one that goes in the right direction.

It is a hard sell to me, but the pack with DmC and bionic commando seems like a reasonable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom