• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flunkie

Banned
Resident Evil 6 gif:

re6whopperslidekill383s9w.gif

what DLC is this?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
So hey SteamGAF, it's been a while. Over the last 2 months I quit my job of 10 years, sold our house and bought a new house 10 miles away. It's been pretty crazy and I haven't had much time to check out this thread.

But now that things are calming down and I'm bored alone this weekend I figure I'd do a few giveaways. I'll set some up now.

Weird. Just Cause 2 crashes randomly when I set it as fullscreen but it's fine in windowed.

Also Hi Dupy, glad things have started settling for you

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So hey SteamGAF, it's been a while. Over the last 2 months I quit my job of 10 years, sold our house and bought a new house 10 miles away. It's been pretty crazy and I haven't had much time to check out this thread.

But now that things are calming down and I'm bored alone this weekend I figure I'd do a few giveaways. I'll set some up now.

Congrats on the new house! I need to do the same eventually.

Also, everyone is now breaking their F5 keys.

Welcome back! :D That's quite a change to go through.

Ryne

Not a fan of Fable Anni. right now. It has this weird "micro-stutter" and the cutscenes are playing out faster than the sound. Lucky I got it for cheap.

Dupy

Nidhogg Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dupy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nidhogg -- MB-6538F80532C111FD - Taken by NotSelf. 10 entrants total.

t1410585787z1.png

iosefe

Oh, that was a random time for Gamespot to give away some stuff.

becasue it's the next day in europe of course.

TOTP: well, i've wasted the last few times i've had this spot. but this time i ave a nice recommendation. Sniper Elite 3. good shit. shoot some Nazis. i hope you don't have a weak stomach

Dupy

To be honest I had a coupon for 50% off Nidhogg that I wanted to get out of my inventory, that's why I started with it.

Thanks for the notes all. Really happy to have some down time after all the unpacking.

Congrats on the changes, hope it is all working out well for you.

Knurek

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol -- MB-16939D962CF7A800 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization 5 -- MB-465DD900AD68418D - Taken by ReduxMachine. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization 5: Gods and Kings DLC -- MB-89670E87E0E41512 - Taken by Elija2. 11 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-3D154886E8279612 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.

t1410595928z1.png

I hope someone still doesn't have Civ5.

iosefe

^good stuff

To be honest I had a coupon for 50% off Nidhogg that I wanted to get out of my inventory, that's why I started with it.

Thanks for the notes all. Really happy to have some down time after all the unpacking.

how about i give you a hotline Miami coupon and you do one of those too. haha

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item.
*snip* The Witcher

Thank you whoever it was for this giveaway. Looking forward to playing it. Heard good things about it and especially the sequel. I'll try to grab that in the next steam sale now that i have the first.

Dupy

Payday 2 and Kingdoms of Amalur Giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dupy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning -- MB-F81C778CA305A5F3 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Payday 2 -- MB-B93AE085525354AD - Taken by Hero Prinny. 12 entrants total.

t1410586327z1.png

maty

indieroyale got a redesign. it doesn't really look any better.

Yeah it looks awful. Also they should copy Humble bundle's system where it tells you which keys are unredeemed or at least let us cross the ones redeemed like Groupees does.

I don't remember half the stuff I activated.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If my copy of Crasher doesn't arrive on Monday I'm going to have to assume it was lost in transit. :( It was sent express from France about two-and-a-half weeks ago now.

You either live long enough to collect all the masks or die when a civilian in the far corner alert the police.

I was on, then I hop off. Wouldn't mind coming back sometimes. Good even if its a bit flawed game.

is there an option where you just play it casually with steamgaf? thats the option I want. :p

iosefe

You either live long enough to collect all the masks or die when a civilian in the far corner alert the police.

I was on, then I hop off. Wouldn't mind coming back sometimes. Good even if its a bit flawed game.

gosh darn civilians...

maybe people can play tomorrow
is there an option where you just play it casually with steamgaf? thats the option I want. :p
it's basically required if you want to enjoy yourself

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If my copy of Crasher doesn't arrive on Monday I'm going to have to assume it was lost in transit. :( It was sent express from France about two-and-a-half weeks ago now.

Hmm, the place you got it from, do they have extra copies or was this the last one?

Shadownet

Banned

casual and bank robbery does not go hand in hand my friend.

But there is a certain thrill knowing you're on the last of your life and the only thing standing in your way is to get the money in the van.

Payday 2 is for all the adrenaline junkies out there.

iosefe

you're starting to make me lose interest in it lol. if I don't win it in the giveaway im gonna mark that one off on my to buy list.

well, this is awkward.

don't worry, you'll be able to get a group. it's just the single player AI is shit, and who know if randoms can be counted on. but thats a general thing

Dupy

Haters be damned, I really liked DmC!

Capcom Action Pack Giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Capcom Action Pack -- MB-07FD9CDD3B1663FD - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 20 entrants total.

t1410587227z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, the place you got it from, do they have extra copies or was this the last one?

I bought it from eBay so I'm not sure. Trying to use Google to find an online store selling it proved to be difficult thanks to the game's unimaginative, single-world title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom