• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MediEvil was the shit back in the day.

I hope Sony revives the franchise on the PS4, even if it's just a $20 DD title. I won a copy of the sequel from OPSM AU way back in the day; at the time I was banned from playing games for some reason, but my parents took the rare stroke of luck into account and let me play it.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
College degree doesn't meet $%^& any more. It's all about experience experience experience. How do you get experience if nobody wants to hire you?
Networking. Too bad one of the people who can actually help me with this doesn't talk to me anymore after being really close friends. People suck and are never who you think they are.

iosefe

I hope Sony revives the franchise on the PS4, even if it's just a $20 DD title. I won a copy of the sequel from OPSM AU way back in the day; at the time I was banned from playing games for some reason, but my parents took the rare stroke of luck into account and let me play it.

you're gonna take your PSASBR cameo and like it!

maty

Good luck! Buying a house (and selling for that matter) is a daunting task but if you have a good realtor to lead you through the process you'll be fine. We've had two fantastic realtors that became friends afterwards.

Thanks!

And yes, it's been quite stressful but exciting at the same time having my own place after years of work. And since I lived with my brother all my life it's going to be a nice change haha.

BigBoss

This is kind of off topic but I've recently started to record game footage and I've run into some audio sync problems, any recommendations on which software is best?

A Fish Aficionado

This is kind of off topic but I've recently started to record game footage and I've run into some audio sync problems, any recommendations on which software is best?
Can you offset the audio track in your video editor? Works if it is just an audio delay.

Shadownet

Banned
I really wanna try Devil May Cry 4 but I played DMC and found out I'm not too good at putting combo moves together. I know that if you put different combo together you increase your scores and combat effectiveness. But I find it hard to remember which move string into the next one.

I felt clumsy lol. >___> probably another reason why fighting games aren't for me either.

Knurek

It's a pretty fun little RPG-lite game that doesn't take itself too seriously. Double Fine's humor fits in perfectly with the Halloween season, IMO. I can't wait for part 2.

EDIT: Knurek is such a lucky bastard :p

Looking at my lootlist, I certainly am.
Still have lots of Humble spares (or at least Humble thinks so), so you can expect giveaways - good karma seems to pay off in Modbot's RNG.

//EDIT: I guess I have less than three weeks to finish TitS and CQ1+DLC... Joy. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
just played thru depression quest (i'm super late, i know), pretty cool game, how crazy it is that people actually got upset about it even existing

anywho i really liked the format and found the whole thing pretty engaging, the sappy music was a bit much but the script was really good and i found it easy to empathize with. i'm not necessarily someone that's been in that position but i shared a lot of thoughts with the ones in the game and you know, feels like an accurate representation of what depression is.

i feel like i cheated a bit by having my mom be a psychiatrist so after years of hearing her talk i could really see what the 'right' answers were but i'll prolly play it again and see what other branches lead to.

i really liked this game, sad to see zoe quinn's bad life choices outside of game development and gaming's general nastiness muddled what feels to me like an important game

A Fish Aficionado

I still need to play through Depression Quest but I already am living with major depression. It sucks. Wouldn't recommend. Worse than Bad Rats.

Killcaustic68

Neo Member
What are some good vn's to start with and some point and clicks? Something other than telltale games since I already have some experience with them, want to try some out.

liezryou

So, basically capcom locked all of their games because of this sale. Yeah not giving any of my keys/money to them anymore. Why so greedy capcom, why?

Deques

So, basically capcom locked all of their games because of this sale. Yeah not giving any of my keys/money to them anymore. Why so greedy capcom, why?

Sigh....
I hope the bug on DR2 Complete will be fixed so I can activate it. Else I just wasted a few keys for it

zkylon

zkylewd
I still need to play through Depression Quest but I already am living with major depression. It sucks. Wouldn't recommend. Worse than Bad Rats.
i'd argue it's prolly a good game to play if you're suffering from depression but i'm not sure if ur being serious

i'm actually gonna send it to my mom and have her play it and tell me what she thinks, i feel like she really shaped up how i think about this sort of things and i would be really interested in her thoughts on it, specially since she doesn't really get games at all heh

I just finished Gone Home, I don't understand all the praise.
i duno about you but i felt like i really connected with that game, growing up in the 90s and feeling similar things, teenage sexuality insecurity, first loves, all that crap. coming of age stories have a lot of my favorite themes and i really enjoyed the way it was delivered, kinda like that dark souls thing of piecing together scenes out of a dead set and the attention to detail was really there and i thought the writing and general direction was outstanding

i think it's kind of a personal game, i think dear esther is crap so it's not like i think walking simulators are the best thing ever but i just think gone home resonates much better and is generally a better game

Peruse this thread for suggestions.
dam i love your new avatar

i love how you always pick slightly imperfect pictures (some of which i disagree with heh)

I understand Art, To The Moon is a much better artsy experience in my opinion.
to the moon is a really good game

vareon

GAF, what's the best modern city building game? I want to play something relaxing and basically watch things grow. People said Banished is good, but I'm in the mood of seeing modern cities.

dot

What are some good vn's to start with and some point and clicks? Something other than telltale games since I already have some experience with them, want to try some out.
Katawa Shoujo (not on steam). I also felt like Analogue which is on steam was also good for people starting visual novels.

A Fish Aficionado

i'd argue it's prolly a good game to play if you're suffering from depression but i'm not sure if ur being serious

i'm actually gonna send it to my mom and have her play it and tell me what she thinks, i feel like she really shaped up how i think about this sort of things and i would be really interested in her thoughts on it, specially since she doesn't really get games at all heh
I'm serious as a heart attack. And yes, that would be a good idea. Let me know how it pans out.

I just finished Gone Home, I don't understand all the praise.

D58jA5G.gif

It's not for everyone I can agree, but I really liked it.

GAF, what's the best modern city building game? I want to play something relaxing and basically watch things grow. People said Banished is good, but I'm in the mood of seeing modern cities.

I liked Tropico 4.

You can probably find the T4 Collectors Bundle for cheap on those key trading sites.

Sajjaja

What are required mods for the first Witcher game?

I played it without any mods and it played just fine.

The combat isn't confusing, and it was pretty easy to wrap my mind around. I don't know why people have trouble with it. Yes I know you didn't ask but those are my two cents about it anyways.

zkylon

zkylewd
I also felt like Analogue which is on steam was also good for people starting visual novels.
i second this, all of christine love's games are amazing and they're all favorites of mine (i have so many favorites!)

I'm serious as a heart attack. And yes, that would be a good idea. Let me know how it pans out.
sure, she doesn't ever have any time so i'm not expecting much but tbh i'm always thinking of games to make my parents play, see if i can make em understand this shit i'm into so who knows, maybe it'll stick

The combat isn't confusing, and it was pretty easy to wrap my mind around. I don't know why people have trouble with it. Yes I know you didn't ask but those are my two cents about it anyways.
yea i don't think any mods are mandatory but i haven't been keeping track, really

like i've beaten it like 3 times without mods and specially with the enhanced edition i don't really feel like the game has much needs for modding like, say, new vegas.

Vibranium

Banned

Wait is this confirmed? Ah well, it's not a big deal since I don't have a ton of Capcom titles I want to pick up on the cheap.

iosefe

I actually decided I'll push through without the rebalance. I'll just make the game look a bit better

Sajjaja

I actually decided I'll push through without the rebalance. I'll just make the game look a bit better

The Witcher 1 was more enjoyable/memorable than TW2 in my opinion. It still looks great too.

If/when you get around to TW2, get the combat mod.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So 6 hours in, I finally got my first "crash to desktop" in Dead Rising 3. I feel like that's probably the appropriate amount of playtime before encountering a bug to let it slide. Sucks that I lost about 25 minutes of playing though and I was finally figuring out where to go. I get so lost in that game.

Anyway, just wanted to post this again for the "night crowd"
or "day crowd", depending on your time zone
. This year I'm doing the Extra Life gaming marathon to help support my local children's hospital. I'll be playing games on Steam for 24 hours straight on October 25th and live streaming the whole thing. IsThereAnyDeal is sponsoring a raffle giveaway for the people who donate to the hospital so we're giving away over $1,000 worth of Steam games. Here's a list of games that I'll be giving away:
  • Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition
  • The Evil Within
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Total War: Rome II
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
  • Dishonored GOTY
  • Shadowgate Special Edition
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords
  • Sacred 3
  • Fable Anniversary
  • NBA 2K15
  • Defense Grid 2
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Gauntlet
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Dark Souls II
  • Saints Row IV: National Treasure Edition
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Sniper Elite III
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
For the sake of not being a shill, I won't be posting about this much on NeoGAF (I did earlier and I apologize in advance to anyone who has seen this twice) but I would really appreciate if you could donate anything and/or help spread the word.

You can find all the details and sign up here: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/enhancedsteam

Thanks!

iosefe

The Witcher 1 was more enjoyable/memorable than TW2 in my opinion. It still looks great too.

If/when you get around to TW2, get the combat mod.
I have tw2, maybe an hour in, decided I wanted to import a file, unsure about the combat mod. Will cross that bridge when i get back to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom