• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

IndieRoyale... why would they do this? They previous layout, design and style was like 120% better. It's sorta even funny how bad it looks now

edited: lemme me be first to tell you this, people have horrible taste, for the most part.

they remind me of Indiegala and the numerous other random bundle sites...

liezryou

So valve seems to be cracking down on ukraine prices, Alien: Isolation and Football Manager 2015 got raised to be up to par with the russian prices in the last week.

If any of you guys are still interested in cheap Ryse, I'd pick it up while u have the chance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So valve seems to be cracking down on ukraine prices, Alien: Isolation and Football Manager 2015 got raised to be up to par with the russian prices in the last week.

If any of you guys are still interested in cheap Ryse, I'd pick it up while u have the chance.

That has nothing to do with Valve. Alien and FM'15 are both Sega games. ;)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So 6 hours in, I finally got my first "crash to desktop" in Dead Rising 3. I feel like that's probably the appropriate amount of playtime before encountering a bug to let it slide. Sucks that I lost about 25 minutes of playing though and I was finally figuring out where to go. I get so lost in that game.

Anyway, just wanted to post this again for the "night crowd"
or "day crowd", depending on your time zone
. This year I'm doing the Extra Life gaming marathon to help support my local children's hospital. I'll be playing games on Steam for 24 hours straight on October 25th and live streaming the whole thing. IsThereAnyDeal is sponsoring a raffle giveaway for the people who donate to the hospital so we're giving away over $1,000 worth of Steam games. Here's a list of games that I'll be giving away:
  • Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition
  • The Evil Within
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Total War: Rome II
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
  • Dishonored GOTY
  • Shadowgate Special Edition
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords
  • Sacred 3
  • Fable Anniversary
  • NBA 2K15
  • Defense Grid 2
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Gauntlet
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Dark Souls II
  • Saints Row IV: National Treasure Edition
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Sniper Elite III
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
For the sake of not being a shill, I won't be posting about this much on NeoGAF (I did earlier and I apologize in advance to anyone who has seen this twice) but I would really appreciate if you could donate anything and/or help spread the word.

You can find all the details and sign up here: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/enhancedsteam

Thanks!
My first crash in Dead Rising 3 was about an hour in, which was enough to make me stop until it's patched for good really.

Anyway, good luck with your charity event. I'll certainly try to remember to watch and donate on the night and I hope you have fun. I'm far too much of a lightweight to even stay up for 24 hrs, let alone game that long!

JaseC

Good point, but with the recent wave of region lockings, I wouldn't be surprised if valve had a hand in this.

I'd say the only instance of region-locking that can be attributed to Valve thus far is earlier in the year when Banished, Injustice, Hegemony: Rise of Caesar and a few other titles had ACRTAG slapped on them. It happened at about the same time and all of the indies affected later reverted the change once they caught wind of it (WB did too, but later reinstated the restriction).

liezryou

I'd say the only instance of retroactive region-locking that can be attributed to Valve thus far is earlier in the year when Banished, Injustice, Hegemony: Rise of Caesar and a few other titles had ACRTAG slapped on them. It happened at about the same time and all of the indies affected later reverted the change once they caught wind of it (WB did too, but later reinstated the restriction).

I'm just saying. With the recent wave of region lockings on top of the prices changes amongst other things, I think it's fairly safe to assume valve is starting to crack down on regional price exploitation by putting pressure on publishers/developers.

JaseC

I'm just saying. With the recent wave of region lockings on top of the prices changes amongst other things, I think it's fairly safe to assume valve is starting to crack down on regional price exploitation by putting pressure on publishers/developers.

I really don't think the evidence suggests Valve is actively encouraging region-locks and price increases.

I get serious motion sickness from it, so I just looked up the plot and call it a day. And the 90s settings did nothing for me, probably because I didn't grow up in the west.

Sam's handwriting is horrible, do all your teens write like this?

Apparently this happened:

1. Open my PC
2. "Thank you for your purchase"
3. "Resident Evil Revelations Complete something something"

Not sure when or why

zkylon

zkylewd
I get serious motion sickness from it, so I just looked up the plot and call it a day. And the 90s settings did nothing for me, probably because I didn't grow up in the west.

i think most ppl's handwriting is horrible

Indignate

They did in the 90s.

It's probably bad because teachers were too busy trying to teach cursive because it was going to be very important in the future.

Shadownet

Banned
Whoever told me Season 2 of The Legend of Korra isn't as good as the first one is wrong.

I know, I know. opinions.

But I'm loving it so far, on episode 6. #hype for season 3.

:3

Chariot

Whoever told me Season 2 of The Legend of Korra isn't as good as the first one is wrong.

Come into KorraGAf
We will fuck you up.

Also guys: since when is hand writing dependent on age or gender?

Uzzy

I liked Season 2 as well!

Also, Korrasami is real, damn it.

Back to gaming news though, and bloody hell, $2.5b is a lot of money Microsoft could have invested in new titles and IPs.

zkylon

zkylewd
since thread was kinda pretty offtopic already, someone tell me what to watch next out of my "plan to watch" section: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/zkylon

also ignore my scores they're super random lol

Come into KorraGAf
We will fuck you up.

i guess it's not necessarily dependent but there's a stereotype there and there are expectations when you're playing a game like gone home

like i know there's one of them commentary audio thingies on them looking for moms to do handwriting just because there's a just a "mom" quality to it. i guess there's also maybe a generally shared "teenage girl" thing to it, etc.

The villains are one-dimensional, and Korra being a grumpy dick didn't help things.

Come into KorraGAf
We will fuck you up.

lol

Something something Chinese Calligraphy, even those who didn't embrace this kind of writing set into other styles when they grow up, distant away from the childish scribbles.

zkylon

zkylewd
The lack of GITS: Stand Alone Complex in your to watch list makes me sad, but other than that, any of Black Lagoon, Ergo Proxy, Psycho-Pass or Serial Experiments Lain will do you good. Lain's the shortest one though.

is that the new gits? i watched a bit of the new gits (the one with young makoto i think?) and wasn't a big fan but i'm not sure if that's the one u mean

thanks for the suggestions btw

Chariot

since thread was kinda pretty offtopic already, someone tell me what to watch next out of my "plan to watch" section: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/zkylon

also ignore my scores they're super random lol
Black Lagoon if you want to fuck shit up and Bakemonogatari if you're in for entertaining dialogs.

i guess it's not necessarily dependent but there's a stereotype there and there are expectations when you're playing a game like gone home

like i know there's one of them commentary audio thingies on them looking for moms to do handwriting just because there's a just a "mom" quality to it. i guess there's also maybe a generally shared "teenage girl" thing to it, etc.
Fair enough, but I think it's stupid.

Knurek

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-3BFE95D229C4D964 - Taken by Uzzy. 8 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-50EFE1C4E1D20E2B - Taken by Supaidaman. 7 entrants total.
Savant: Ascent -- MB-C09BBB51732D230A - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-EF7EDAC826942B5D - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-A10F30DCD84015EA - Taken by Remij. 3 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-4B7D3AEE5A28E6FF - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
Magical Diary -- MB-1B1C1EC076A8463A - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.

t1410613328z1.png

Humble says those are unredeemed, good luck and enjoy.

Indignate

7&8 will either make you love season 2 even more or realize that it's pretty crap because what they're able to do in those two episodes is more than what they did with that whole book.

Benedict

So 6 hours in, I finally got my first "crash to desktop" in Dead Rising 3. I feel like that's probably the appropriate amount of playtime before encountering a bug to let it slide. Sucks that I lost about 25 minutes of playing though and I was finally figuring out where to go. I get so lost in that game.

Anyway, just wanted to post this again for the "night crowd"
or "day crowd", depending on your time zone
. This year I'm doing the Extra Life gaming marathon to help support my local children's hospital. I'll be playing games on Steam for 24 hours straight on October 25th and live streaming the whole thing. IsThereAnyDeal is sponsoring a raffle giveaway for the people who donate to the hospital so we're giving away over $1,000 worth of Steam games. Here's a list of games that I'll be giving away:
  • Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition
  • The Evil Within
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Total War: Rome II
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
  • Dishonored GOTY
  • Shadowgate Special Edition
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords
  • Sacred 3
  • Fable Anniversary
  • NBA 2K15
  • Defense Grid 2
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Gauntlet
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Dark Souls II
  • Saints Row IV: National Treasure Edition
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Sniper Elite III
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
For the sake of not being a shill, I won't be posting about this much on NeoGAF (I did earlier and I apologize in advance to anyone who has seen this twice) but I would really appreciate if you could donate anything and/or help spread the word.

You can find all the details and sign up here: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/enhancedsteam

Thanks!

Thanks,
I've donated $15 now, even though I'm a bit short on money at the moment.

Thought I would be the one to break your $250 goal since it was on $247. But the amount haven't changed after my donation so...

Asgaro

Anyone ever received this error after trying to purchase something on the Humble Bundle Store?

humbleerror.PNG

This first occured to me 3 days ago. (Sept 10th)

I bought Shadowrun Returns for myself. But I also wanted to buy it as a gift.
Humble Bundle store capabilities is so barebones you have to do this in 2 separate purchases.

The first purchase for own use worked perfectly.
The second purchase always throws me this error.

What I tried afterwards:
- waited a bit
- cleared all humblebundle.com cookies
- tried the next day

Since I still kept getting it, I contacted support and this is the response:

humblesupport.PNG

Because their store system can't handle the same game twice, I look like I'm frauding lmao.
(Luckily I could still purchase the new Humble Bundle. It seems those are separate systems.)

Sadly I am unable to lift the fraud protection, but we are looking into improvements in the future.
Wat is dis?

I suggest you try back later with a different payment processor and the order may be able to go through.
The only other option is by credit card and I don't have that nor do I need it.

So the guy didn't even provide to help, even though the error message - and the e-mail I receive after a failed purchase - state: "Please contact us and we can help you make your purchase!"

2oBmP5E.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom