• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.

Don't click on the cyst thread in OT.

You may be curious, but don't.

You have been warned.

a3bZx.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to try Hexcells, and it's a pretty good puzzle game. It took me a while to understand it, but it was worth it. I'd say it's a mix of Minesweeper, sudoku and picross with nice relaxing music. Seems to be pretty short though.

Whoever it was that recommended it here last week did a good thing.

Nabs

I decided to try Hexcells, and it's a pretty good puzzle game. It took me a while to understand it, but it was worth it. I'd say it's a mix of Minesweeper, sudoku and picross with nice relaxing music. Seems to be pretty short though.

Whoever it was that recommended it here last week did a good thing.

Nice. Now put Hexcells Plus on your wishlist! It's much better and will take much longer to complete fully.

Jawmuncher

cats sure are the best
aTnPRoZ.png

Big sales on steam are always great.

I've played the demo back on ps3 and that game was absolutely awful, my bro and I thought it was hilarious how bad it was for a triple a game.

It's a shame people can't look past some of RE6.
It's a very fun game just muddled with some odd decisions. Thus why a lot of people really like mercs. Personally i thought the game was a very fun 7-8 affair. Sure was a lot of content there even at day 1 60msrp.

Its not really disgusting. Just baffling. I mean how the hell do you fix that?

I don't find a lot disgusting, but that's disgusting.

Couldn't NOPE out of the picture fast enough

http://replygif.net/i/166.gif[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

I forgot what she looked like with clothes on.

[quote="iosefe, post: 129894794"]i just introduced my niece to One Finger Death Punch. she likes it[/QUOTE]

.....The game, right?

Shadownet

Banned
no ragrets

People are making me feel a bit of ragrets though

You are why there are wars in the world.

Still salty about the Batman giveaway? ;)
I'm kidding!

Revelaitons is an actual resident evil game, with tension and ammo management, close to the first ones.

You bought a meh game over the best game of all time.

Ehh, It's only $4. I might as well pick up Resident Evil 4 before the mobs get to me...

Edit: Nevermind it's $6.. I should wait for a 75%+ discount.. I should be careful with my money now.

Miker

Revelaitons is an actual resident evil game, with tension and ammo management, close to the first ones.

lol tension and ammo management

I get that REvelaitons is closer to RE1-3 than 5 and 6, but it's an action game, through and through. The tension in the game eroded pretty quickly for me, and likewise, ammo management isn't really an issue beyond the opening hours of the game.

This isn't directed at you specifically, but people really have a selective memory when it comes to REvelaitons - they forget the Terragrigia/non-Jill sections exist. And that the last third of the game is a 80% backtracking.

DocSeuss

True story: I disliked Hard Reset so much that I haven't even thought about getting Shadow Warrior.
It's a "classic" shooter that fails at everything classic shooters excelled at, in my book.

I hated Hard Reset and I think Shadow Warrior is the best video game of 2013.

I've only played Revelations on the 3DS, but I found it an incredibly boring and run of the mill experience. The environments are not interested and there is lots of back tracking. Ammo management is only a problem because everything takes so many shots to kill...but even then the fights have no real challenge or fun.

I think there is little to recommend and any of 4, 5 and 6 are much better games.

I hated Hard Reset and I think Shadow Warrior is the best video game of 2013.

I'm with Turfster on this one and I found Shadow Warrior to suffer from many of the same problems. I can see why people like them, but they are not going to change any minds.

me0wish

Ehh, It's only $4. I might as well pick up Resident Evil 4 before the mobs get to me...

My friends that loved the game when it first released find RE4 unplayable due to controls. It's possible that you might feel the same way, give it a chance and you will know why it's the best. Hope you enjoy it ^_^

Uzzy

And that's The Banner Saga completed. Very nice game that one, absolutely adored the art style and setting. Combat was good too, though I never quite figured out how you're meant to set up your enemies for the big combos. Maybe I'm just rubbish.

Still better than yet another shitty gears of war or vanquish wannabe =p

RE6 has amazing combat, mercs mode, great music. It just suffers from horrible pacing and bad designed encounters, and a lot of QTEs. Some are good, some are just shit, but when it shines it is an amazing game.

I can do this shit all day m8.
highfive.gif

Tellaerin

So, Kingdoms of Amalur for $5.00? Go?

Or pay $10 for all the expansion content too?

It's a fun action-RPG with a solid combat system and a good variety of ways to customize your character's abilities. Definitely worthwhile if you're in the mood for a more action-oriented RPG experience, especially for $5. The expansions are worth picking up, though the base game is already fairly meaty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom