• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BibiMaghoo

So I finally bought DayZ.

I have died several times, but always managed to keep my pants up to death. I'm doing this solo as I have no buddies that play it, so if anyone wants to hook up let me know.

I have a couple of questions though if anyone can answer them. Why is my map just a black screen? This makes me finding out where I am almost impossible. Why does my torch not work? If I enter a server at night there is no colour and my light doesn't work? And finally why is everyone on every server such a ******* ****? Like, as soon as someone sees me, they don't talk, they just shoot me in the face.

Thorgal

Will Binding of isaac ; rebirth have Native controller support ?

It says : integrated controller support for popular control pads! on the Steam page .

Does that mean it will be playable with a controller out of the box or more of Joytokey nonsense ?

Sendou

Will Binding of isaac ; rebirth have Native controller support ?

It says : integrated controller support for popular control pads! on the Steam page .

Does that mean it will be playable with a controller out of the box or more of Joytokey nonsense ?

The former. I just bet it means it has correct prompts for DS4 and 360 alike.

So I finally bought DayZ.

I have died several times, but always managed to keep my pants up to death. I'm doing this solo as I have no buddies that play it, so if anyone wants to hook up let me know.

I have a couple of questions though if anyone can answer them. Why is my map just a black screen? This makes me finding out where I am almost impossible. Why does my torch not work? If I enter a server at night there is no colour and my light doesn't work? And finally why is everyone on every server such a ******* ****? Like, as soon as someone sees me, they don't talk, they just shoot me in the face.

1. You need to find a map first.
2. You have to put a battery in the flashlight, then press L to turn it on once equiped.
3. That's DayZ, kill on site is about 90% of players, just keep playing smart and try and get yourself kitted up enough to defend yourself.

The writing on Skyrim is all over the place, I'm finding the main quest to be boring and uninteresting at all but I'm enjoying some of the side quests, like the one where you investigate
a burned house and find the child ghost discovering that are a vampire den near the town
or that quest where you
goes to a city and everyone is having strange dreams, and you discover it's because a gas that was released by some Daedra's cultists years ago.

Evrain

2. You have to put a battery in the flashlight, then press L to turn it on once equiped.
3. That's DayZ, kill on site is about 90% of players, just keep playing smart and try and get yourself kitted up enough to defend yourself.
The unsettling part is that, if DayZ is to be taken as some sort of grand social experiment, we can expect to kill each other on a genocidal scale should a zombie pandemic happen...

The unsettling part is that, if DayZ is to be taken as some sort of grand social experiment, we can expect to kill each other on a genocidal scale should a zombie pandemic happen...

I think a lot of it has to do with how much of a pain in the ass it is to re gear once you die because how broken the game can be, so it's just safer and easier to kill everyone, because there are some crafty bastards on DayZ that will make you think they are friendly/unarmed, and then when you least expect it, they kill you or their group kills you.

Did you install 335?
Because the first time I did, the game still crashed, so I think I did that bad.
Uninstall manually all Nvidia stuff related on your PC, use CCleaner to clean your hdd, then make a clean install for 335. This should fix those crashes.

I'll just go back to playing games that actually work. I wonder what's taking them so long to fix it. Ten days after release they can't fix a game breaking issue that should never have been in there in the first place.

Thorgal

The former. I just bet it means it has correct prompts for DS4 and 360 alike.

Thanks .

I think a lot of it has to do with how much of a pain in the ass it is to re gear once you die because how broken the game can be, so it's just safer and easier to kill everyone, because there are some crafty bastards on DayZ that will make you think they are friendly/unarmed, and then when you least expect it, they kill you or their group kills you.

I always adhere to the wise words of TF2 sniper :

Be polite .
Be efficient .
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet !

Turfster

And finally why is everyone on every server such a ******* ****? Like, as soon as someone sees me, they don't talk, they just shoot me in the face.
You're playing a psycho murder simulator that brings out the worst in people.
You only have yourself to blame for buying it, really =p
(Do zombies even work yet?)

rtcn63

I'm told that's a common way to greet people in Australia.

I think you're confusing Aus with the Emerald City brah

Ozposter.jpg

fantomena

Destiny is so far without any doubt one of hte most boring game so far this year. It feels like Iv ebeen playing the same missions every time.

BibiMaghoo

Ah, ok, i'll look for a map, but I put the battery you start with in the flashlight and pressed 'L' when in my hands, but nothing. I'll keep hiding until I find better gear.

You're playing a psycho murder simulator that brings out the worst in people.
You only have yourself to blame for buying it, really =p
(Do zombies even work yet?)

Yeah, well there is that lol. Zombies work in that they chase you and kill you, but several of them after me killing them have floated off down the street in their dead pose, and others still have floated through walls to reach me, one managed to climb a floor without using the stairs lol, so they are broken, but can kill you.

I have the normal version of Saints Row IV on Steam, but I was wondering, does the Game of the Century edition have a separate listing in your library?

Pretty cool stealth game with a twist. Nice graphics too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Not the Robots -- MB-55B1390DCA1CACD8 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 4 entrants total.

t1410715992z1.png

I caved and bought Remember Me and Murdered Soul Suspect.

Both run awesomely well at 1080p 60fps with everything on high. They look amazing on top of that.

Shame both games flopped hard, I'm liking Remember Me and Murdered Soul Suspect feels like a more polished (and absolutely less janky) supernatural L.A. Noire. Almost like the perfect continuation of my L.A. Noire playthrough (21 hours in and this game feels endless already, gets quite repetitive and Phelps decisions at times are horribly baffling! Still, for a 2010 game the face tricks used for the facial expressions are the best looking or, at the very least, they look good enough that they barely touch the uncanny valley).

Either way, having a TRIPUL-A overload this week.

I wish Gearbox would step it up and put out the Homeworld remasters already. Who cares about Borderlands, just give me Hiigara, Taiidani and Turanic raiders. Wish we could get more news on the latest entry too. Lord knows we need more RTS titles!

One of my favourite genres has almost been killed as years went by, ugh. :( Would love a new Ground Control (never going to happen...), a successor to Sacrifice (not Brütal Legend, which felt like a lite Sacrifice without the awesome voice acting and charm of the former) and another Dawn of War with base building and the awesome unit voice acting... Oh, and I remember I have Machines, the RTS made by Acclaim. Does anyone even remember that one? Good old RTS'ing days.

Mono

The writing on Skyrim is all over the place, I'm finding the main quest to be boring and uninteresting at all but I'm enjoying some of the side quests, like the one where you investigate
a burned house and find the child ghost discovering that are a vampire den near the town
or that quest where you
goes to a city and everyone is having strange dreams, and you discover it's because a gas that was released by some Daedra's cultists years ago.

That seems to be The Elder Scrolls standard! Although, Oblivion's main quest wasn't half bad. I always do the guild quests first; the Companions have a really fun quest line if you haven't joined them yet!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the GTA complete pack from Nuuvem and it didn't come with GTA 1 or 2. Just a warning for collectors out there.

Huzzah, got all the achievements for Fatal Anniversary including beating it on the new heroic difficulty. Will actually write up impressions later, but I did enjoy the game a lot. Just exhausted from the last few terrible pub games I had to do to finish the list.

Every single one is worth money on playfire though so it should be a good amount. Of course there will be nothing to spend it on, but it'll find a use eventually :p

Turfster

I caved and bought Remember Me and Murdered Soul Suspect.

Both run awesomely well at 1080p 60fps with everything on high. They look amazing on top of that.

Shame both games flopped hard, I'm liking Remember Me and Murdered Soul Suspect feels like a more polished (and absolutely less janky) supernatural L.A. Noire.
Indeed.
Both games deserved better than they got, but sadly, that's not what people want these days it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom