• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose I want to do a Modbot giveaway for something that doesn't have a key/code. Do I have to input something next to what I want to give away, like an arbitrary fake code, or just leave it blank, or how do I go about it?

Lain

Wrapped up Mission 4 and getting close to wrap up Mission 5 as well.
These missions take a heavy toll on me, time wise. I guess I'm a bit too through, reloading if I mess a shot when I don't want to be found out or trying to do some weird thing like killing 4 patrolling soldiers with the silenced pistol without a pause during the action (felt really good pulling it off though) and, mostly, trying to kill every single enemy for all that delicious experience.

Arthea

Haha, I may do this tomorrow, it looks very fun.

Isn't that stereotypical italian overreaction?

I have no clue, I only know that Italians move too much, I get immediately tired if there are many in vicinity
I'm only partly joking
sorry, copons, I hope you won't read this (><)

Suppose I want to do a Modbot giveaway for something that doesn't have a key/code. Do I have to input something next to what I want to give away, like an arbitrary fake code, or just leave it blank, or how do I go about it?

it depends , if is a steam gift there is way to give those with modbot ( i dont have the link atm ) , if is other thing u can do something like :

nameofthegame - write a message here

Shadownet

Banned
This is completely off-topic but I feel like you guys should give this a read. Its a short manga called Koe no Kitachi (A Silent Voice).

It shouldn't take you more than 30-45 mins to read through it, but it probably one of the best thing I ever read. (Found someone recommend it on Off-Topic GAF). It was originally a one-shot manga but they expanded into a full series. Though I think reading the one-shot should be enough. But if you are interested. Then reading the whole thing would be awesome.

Sypnosis: if you wanna know a little bit, otherwise you shouldnt read this and just enjoy it. I cried quite a bit after reading the one-shot and I'll be reading the entire thing soon.
The story revolves around Sh&#333;ko Nishimiya, a middle school student who has impaired hearing. She transfers into a new school, where she is bullied by her classmates.

Link:

Edit: took out the link. Thanks Cheesecake. I'm sure you guys can find it on Google.

Mokoi

Banned
This is completely off-topic but I feel like you guys should give this a read. Its a short manga called Koe no Kitachi (A Silent Voice).
So to repeat, DO NOT link to any manga scanlations websites or ask where to read manga.

If you post a panel or page, there should be no logo of any site on it.

Taken from the mango thread.

kudoboi

offtopic but i don't really want to create a new thread for this. which headset stand should i buy? i used to place my headsets (and still do) on my desk with the mouse in the middle and it collects dust very easily and i think it could have been the source of my ear infection a year or two back. I intend to get a new gaming headset soon and im wondering.. which headset stand should i get?

i intend to get this headset if it makes any difference
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJNQG98/?tag=neogaf0e-20

i know regular earphones are better than gaming headsets blah blah

Tizoc

Will give it a read, thanks.
My recommendation, which is available on Crunchyroll last I checked, is Apocalypse no Toride/Fort of the Apocalypse. It's about 4 teenage boys who are sent to a juvie, but a few days later a zombie apocalypse infects japan (and the world) and 4 youths must survive this new world of horror.
It has feels and bromance.

Btw here's a presentation a Valve dev gave about SteamOS. It's not really interesting for people like us, however it reconfirms that SteamOS is indeed designed for the living room, and those that look at it as a potential replacement for their OS of choice are looking at the wrong direction.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
offtopic but i don't really want to create a new thread for this. which headset stand should i buy? i used to place my headsets (and still do) on my desk with the mouse in the middle and it collects dust very easily and i think it could have been the source of my ear infection a year or two back. I intend to get a new gaming headset soon and im wondering.. which headset stand should i get?

Personally, I'd just get a good hook to screw into the nearest wall and hang your headset on that.

Jawmuncher

I totally miss Acid games, sadly, because I don't own a PSP. Are they good?
I only played Portable Ops because a friend lend me his PSP with the game, it was horrible, the only thing I liked were cutscenes because of Ashley Woods Xd

They're really good Alternate universe Metal gear games.
The card based gameplay is very easy to learn and becomes quite addicting very fast.
I have played 1 and 2 numerous times and deleting my saves each time to start from scratch and still love it.

Grief.exe

My TurtleBeach PX5 come with some sort of receiver that also double as a stand to put my headset on top of. My PC case also has a built in hook as well but I never use it.

PX5 receiver look like this.

px5_600.jpg

Honestly I recommend the TurtleBeach brand cause generally they are reliable. Tritton is another good brand, though I never own one personally. But just in case you do decide to buy something else that doesn't come with a receiver stand.

Any of these should work fine.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_videogames?k=headset+stand

i3jKDUlcwgHWU.png

Sorted by price

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JOETX8/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001ARCFA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009S333U4/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009S332TQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042A8CW2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Headphone stand

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/55127-spectrum-euroTM-banana-hanger.html

Remember people, friends don't let friends buy headsets on PC.

Shadownet

Banned
offtopic but i don't really want to create a new thread for this. which headset stand should i buy? i used to place my headsets (and still do) on my desk with the mouse in the middle and it collects dust very easily and i think it could have been the source of my ear infection a year or two back. I intend to get a new gaming headset soon and im wondering.. which headset stand should i get?[/url]

My TurtleBeach PX5 come with some sort of receiver that also double as a stand to put my headset on top of. My PC case also has a built in hook as well but I never use it.

PX5 receiver look like this.

Honestly I recommend the TurtleBeach brand cause generally they are reliable. Tritton is another good brand, though I never own one personally. But just in case you do decide to buy something else that doesn't come with a receiver stand.

Ryne

Actually one of the reasons I signed up to Crunchyroll. I really do like it

I like the "quest for forgiveness" storyline, but I feel that it took away a bit from the deaf girl's agency a bit by making her growth dependant on him.

Shadownet

Banned
Will give it a read, thanks.
My recommendation, which is available on Crunchyroll last I checked, is Apocalypse no Toride/Fort of the Apocalypse. It's about 4 teenage boys who are sent to a juvie, but a few days later a zombie apocalypse infects japan (and the world) and 4 youths must survive this new world of horror.
It has feels and bromance.

Thanks I will check this out :D
----
Damn Grief with all those recommendations of brands I never heard of. Though I would trust his over mine if he day they're good.
----
I need to get a new mouse one day for CSGO. Mine is outdated feature-wise and at least 7 years old.

A while back I said if my foil card sold I'd do a giveaway. Well, it didn't, so why not do a giveaway anyway? :)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam FOIL CARD. Which one? You have no idea! To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Steam Foil Card -- MB-D7DF344D414FBA43 - Taken by Deques. 22 entrants total.
Winner, add http://steamcommunity.com/id/mallomar/ to your friends list and I'll trade it to you that way

t1410724452z1.png

Tizoc

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam FOIL CARD. Which one? You have no idea! To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Steam Foil Card -- MB-D7DF344D414FBA43 - Taken by Deques. 22 entrants total.
Winner, add http://steamcommunity.com/id/mallomar/ to your friends list and I'll trade it to you that way

t1410724452z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Entered~

I am quite sure there are a lot of people buying games with stolen CC data and then try to sell the keys asap.

I remember on those trading sites there are always humble bundle games far under the BTA price.

That's the impression i got from the phone call, i might send out an email to HB to see if they're aware of the situation with certain banks because i know for a fact now that i'm not the only person to have this issue with them.

Annubis

Fable's aging system is still great and unique within the genre as far as I can remember.
How my hero started out post prologue with a bit of customization.
Hero as he started to go gray
Bigger bald spot and fully gray hair
Wrinkles, skin decloration, fully bald, and a massive gray beard.

Really makes you feel like you've come a long way by the end.

There's also the scarring system which is very unique.
I remember people doing scarless challenges.

Turfster

Daily Starpoint Gemini 2 40%

Humble Day 7
  • Company of Heroes 2 8.74€
  • Europa Unversalis IV 8€
  • Habitat 9€
  • Medieval II Total War 0.8€ (12 hour flash)
  • OlliOlli 7€ (8 hour flash)
  • Outlast 4.74€
  • Alan Wake + American Nightmare 5.4€
  • Guacamelee! Gold 2.8€
  • Mount & Blade Warband 4€
  • Killing Floor 4.5€
  • Shadowgrounds 0.5€
  • Back to the Future The Game 5.74€
  • The Novelist 2.5€
  • Joe Danger 3€
  • Ironclad Tactics 3€
  • Always Sometimes Monsters 5€
  • Steam Marines 3€
  • Megabyte Punch 2.5€
  • Little Inferno 3€

kudoboi

Tritton is another good brand, though I never own one personally. But just in case you do decide to buy something else that doesn't come with a receiver stand.

haha the whole reason why im buying a new headset is because my tritton pro headset broke after 3 months of usage... to make it more specific, the headset was just too small for my head and so the size adjustment mechanism literally broke after 3 months of usage. right now it is being held together by masking tape

i did check amazon for headset stands and most had mixed reviews.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually getting it on the PS4 too for no particular reason. lol

image.php

The seam fixing in the RE4HD project is just great. <3

I've played the Gamecube version multiple times and still own it, but I'm really thinking about picking up the PC version just because of the HD project. Well, I'll pick it up when the project is completed anyway.

My backlog ;___;

Apparently no one is buying planetarian on steam. Must be the lack of cards.

Feel bad for Sekai project.

Mokoi's been fully financing it, apparently :p

so, after no one gave me a response on whether gods will be watching easy mode is worth my time i figured i just have to ruin my saturday night and figure it out for myself

so gods will be watching review time!!!!!

I suppose I should actually go back to it at some point then. Thanks for the impressions.

I know steamgaf loves pewdiepie so i'm going to leave this here

http://dmcmods.com/2825-felix-kjelberg-pewdiepie-awakening

Still looks better than Donte.

I beat Murderd: Soul Suspect a few days ago, hurray!

~*~2spooky4me~*~
Possessing the cat and being able to meow continuously may have been my favorite part of the game. :X Very accurate cat running animations. 10/10 cat simulator of the year!

image.php

Steam Community is truly something else (post #10 and following including page 2). http://steamcommunity.com/app/319320/discussions/0/613936039404530406/

mindeyederexperte .....laugh for u ......ahahah but i buy the game ....and then i M &#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;ED BECAUSE NO ITALIAN LANGUAGE I BUY FOR THIS .....THEN OR SUB ITA OR MY MONEY!!!I M DAMAGED!!!OMG !!!!!!!!!!!I

what-the-fuck-did-i-just-read.gif

Dr Dogg

Here my tip, sling them over your monitor. Doesn't cost a penny unless you have a laptop and unless you have a massive set of headphones or a tiny bezel they shouldn't encroach the screen when not in use. Next cheapest option is the infamous banana hanger as you can pick one up for very, very cheap and does exactly the same job as some $20, $30, even $50 headphone stands.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Huzzah, got all the achievements for Fatal Anniversary including beating it on the new heroic difficulty. Will actually write up impressions later, but I did enjoy the game a lot. Just exhausted from the last few terrible pub games I had to do to finish the list.

Every single one is worth money on playfire though so it should be a good amount. Of course there will be nothing to spend it on, but it'll find a use eventually :p

Damn, I'm impressed you finished it up so quickly after it released. I'm at 20/50 so far and haven't played too far into the story, but I'll probably wrap it up this week at 49/50 since I skipped the hard mode. The hard mode is like the lowest tier reward Playfire does so I feel a bit better about that.

MRORANGE

This is a good list.

EV4cj.jpg

Headphone Storage Accesories

Parsnip

One of my older Sennheiser cans (HD 485) came with a hanger thingy that attaches on the side of a table, and it has served me well for about 6 years even though I don't use those cans anymore.

Pic from hardforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom