• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Turns out that adding Guile's Flash Kick and the Shoryuken to Remember Me's combat does make it a bit more fun. The Spinning Bird Kick makes it amazing.

Dr Dogg

Oh my you are truly a gentleman and a scholar. It has never occurred to me to place my headphones over my monitor, so now my ATH M50's can be placed in a decent spot. As for the topic of using a good pair of headphones the switch from a headset to my M50's was one of the best things I've done gaming wise.

You know how it is, some people just like 'spending' money regardless if it's necessary or not. I mean some folks like to drop silly money on a gaming mouse when more than likely a £15-£25 would do the job, and some times are a lot better at tracking on a variety of surfaces. I myself don't like to waste my money on trivial things, though I did by 3 monitors in one month in pursuit of the perfect all round display (hint it's doesn't exist, yet).

I've got a pair of M50's and for a set of closed backed headphones I've never owned a better pair. Coupled with the price I got them at just makes them even more stunning. Though as Grief did sort of mention an open backed set of headphones have a much wider soundscape and a decent set allowed to breath properly sound like nothing else. Though one thing to bear in mind everyone in the same room or even house can hear them as well (not as loud but I've had a cushion launched my way serval times before due to the daka, daka, daka sound coming from my man corner in the living room).

Tellaerin

Humble Day 7
  • Megabyte Punch 2.5€

Some good stuff on that list.

If anyone out there's interested in a fun action/platformer, Megabyte Punch is worth a look. It's like a Megaman-meets-Smash-meets-Custom Robo mashup, so if that sounds like the kind of thing that appeals to you, definitely check it out.

Tizoc

I leave my headphones sitting on the floor after using them with my laptop and it never occurred to me to check for spiders. Probably because they're our bros.

You australians are brave
spider.jpg

Anyone, anytime, 1 free random game if you win an official map, 1vs1, 1vs2, 1vs3, i dont care, no mercy!

What game?
Speedrunners obviously!

I'm gonna show you one thing and another! :p

Challengers:
- iosefe
- BernardoOne

Gonna race iosefe and BernardoOne any minute, feel free to shoot me a message if you wanna join in.
Will Stream obviously.

Lomax

Turns out that adding Guile's Flash Kick and the Shoryuken to Remember Me's combat does make it a bit more fun. The Spinning Bird Kick makes it amazing.

I had no idea this DLC even existed... and now I'm really tempted to buy it.

dot

Was posting that pic of the headphones with the spider really necessary ? ._.
Gonna race iosefe BernardoOne any minute, feel free to shoot me a message if you wanna join in.
Will Stream obviously.
dot misses another Speedrunners session... sad dot.... ;-;

Dr Dogg

Well spent the better half of the day redownloadng Borderlands 2 (yeah thanks for that Steam!) and then instead of playing the game once it's done I proceed to spend 30mims inputting Shift codes. Oh well I've got more Golden Keys and extras than I could shake a stick at.

Tellaerin

Well spent the better half of the day redownloaidng Borderlands 2 (yeah thanks for that Steam!) and then instead of playing the game once it's done I proceed to spend 30mims inputting Shift codes. Oh well I've got more Golden Keys and extras than I could shake a stick at.

I did that. >.> Definitely worth the initial time investment, IMO.

send help

That's what you get for putting your 3DS before Steam. :p

Benedict

L.A. Noire is such an awful awful game that could have been great...
Can't be bothered anymore with the Playfire Rewards for that game.

I think I may have entered a VAC game (not a Valve game) with Steam Achievement Manager (main window) running in the background. I wonder if anyone has actually gotten VAC banned for SAM running or is it like an internet myth? Was like for 10 minutes in the single player portion of a game that features VAC (although I am pretty sure it still runs VAC in single player due to leaderboards).

I think I may have entered a VAC game (not a Valve game) with Steam Achievement Manager (main window) running in the background. I wonder if anyone has actually gotten VAC banned for SAM running or is it like an internet myth?
I've done it before plenty of times. And unless Valve delay your banning by a good 6 months or more, I haven't been banned.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of someguyinahat, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Steam Foil Card -- MB-D7DF344D414FBA43 - Taken by Deques. 22 entrants total.
Winner, add http://steamcommunity.com/id/mallomar/ to your friends list and I'll trade it to you that way

t1410724452z1.png

Just finished Divinity OS a little while ago. 72 hours played, entirely in co-op, over the past 10 weeks or so. What an amazing experience it turned out to be. I know this is preaching to the choir given that it's fairly well liked here on SteamGAF, but wow they really made something special here. Almost perfect execution of an oldschool crpg made for modern times. Go and play it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom