• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about CS:GO, I presume you only get a certain number of drops per week (skins/crates) do you also get a certain # of mission drops per week?

iosefe

we should do sonic racing tonight

i'll even host a contest of sorts.

Last place gets either Bad Rats or Orion:prelude

what we got so far

1.iosefe
2.Dunder
3.Marco
4.Fish
5.Mokoi
6.Uzzy
7.Monosukoi
8.salazar

Pakkidis

2 games I'm playing at the moment worth checking out.

Xotic - Arcade based shooter. You are either going to love it or hate it. If you like replaying levels over and over again to get highscores/leaderboards and refining your skill, you might want to check this out.

Van Helsing- About 5 hours in, and I must say, a pretty awesome ARPG. Lots of attention to detail here. I actually prefer playing with the controller over K/M.

Sent a friend request to Deques, the lucky foil winner. Last online: 2 hours ago. I hope he didn't already go to bed, given his location. But I'll keep you apprised when the transaction happens.

Mokoi

Banned
You know how it is, some people just like 'spending' money regardless if it's necessary or not. I mean some folks like to drop silly money on a gaming mouse when more than likely a £15-£25 would do the job, and some times are a lot better at tracking on a variety of surfaces. I myself don't like to waste my money on trivial things, though I did by 3 monitors in one month in pursuit of the perfect all round display (hint it's doesn't exist, yet).

I've got a pair of M50's and for a set of closed backed headphones I've never owned a better pair. Coupled with the price I got them at just makes them even more stunning. Though as Grief did sort of mention an open backed set of headphones have a much wider soundscape and a decent set allowed to breath properly sound like nothing else. Though one thing to bear in mind everyone in the same room or even house can hear them as well (not as loud but I've had a cushion launched my way serval times before due to the daka, daka, daka sound coming from my man corner in the living room).

In an effort not to spend anymore money than necessary I had been using a cheapo $10 keyboard for the longest time until I upgraded to a mechanical keyboard. Another great decision on my part although I should of probaly put more research in choosing the best price/quality one. >_> Haha, well having more than one monitor is always nice, and I've considered a dual monitor setup. However, I'm going to need a bigger desk in order for that to happen. With the M50's I went with closed backed headphones due to not wanting any sound leaking from them because I can't have others being annoyed with my impeccable musical library.
we should do sonic racing tonight
If it's not too late I should be able to play.

abracadaver

medii3fnl.jpg

how can you play so many hours and then write a review like that?

It's from Medieval 2: Total War. I'm thinking about getting it from the humble flash sale.

Just finished Divinity OS a little while ago. 72 hours played, entirely in co-op, over the past 10 weeks or so. What an amazing experience it turned out to be. I know this is preaching to the choir given that it's fairly well liked here on SteamGAF, but wow they really made something special here. Almost perfect execution of an oldschool crpg made for modern times. Go and play it!
Got any tips? I really like the game but its really hard IMO, plus no auto recover after battle makes it even more challenging. :x

medii3fnl.jpg

how can you play so many hours and then write a review like that?

It's from Medieval 2: Total War. I'm thinking about getting it from the humble flash sale.
Lol my favorite one is with the guy who played like 100 something hours of bad rats and gave it a thumbs up with his review just saying "its alright" haha

kiyomi

Anyone try that arena: cyber evolution f2p that is in EA yet? Thoughts on it?

I played it last night for 30 minutes, I like the idea of it. It's basically 3-man hockey with a couple of special moves. You pass the disc around and try to score within a certain area and each character has a different move, the one I played online last night, his ultimate was a teleport back to your own goal, so that was fun.

It doesn't seem particularly fleshed out right now but the biggest problem is that there's nobody playing it. I kinda like the art style, too, but again, it's not really fleshed out, the characters are distinctive but the arena is very generic and there's not a whole lot of personality to the game yet.

I'd say try it but I don't think it's really gonna go places.

It's not region locked. Sinine is concerned about lag
I might be even worse in that case, since I'm US west. But yeah, I've got errands to run, and if I make it back in time I'll play/host (If Dunder or someone else doesn't already have the courses unlocked that is more centrally located).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom