• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I've seen some hype for Mordor as some kind of Batman Creed, but any of the gameplay I've seen hasn't convinced me, but I also haven't kept up with it that much.
They had a trailer with Troy Baker and Nolan North in it, we have come full circle.

It was actually somewhat amusing trailer, I'm surprised that WB allowed them to joke around a bit.

Hahaha yeah I saw a thread on here mentioning that (haven't watched it yet though). Funnily they were both in Arkham Origins as well so maybe the Batman Creed comparison is a good omen. Still a lot of folks in here got it cheap through trading and there was quite a few ModBot raffles for it as well so I'm sure there will be some level headed impressions in here (well I hope so at least).

MRORANGE

So Alien Isolation on the 7th, but Evil Within on the 14th, both are being hyped to hell, even I don't know which one will come out on top (Gaf opinion suggests EW ) what should the first banner of October be then?

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

3rd option is Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition :p

Cheddahz

Banned
So Alien Isolation on the 7th, but Evil Within on the 14th, both are being hyped to hell, even I don't know which one will come out on top (Gaf opinion suggests EW ) what should the first banner of October be then?

Go with Alien, since I think more of us will be playing that

Nabs

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

Animated gif.

Wei Shen for sure, we know he more than lived up to his hype.

AsfaeksBR

My vote goes for the "The Evil Within" one!

GojhJna.jpg

The Evil Within! The Evil Within! The Evil Within!

Pretty please!

I foresee avatar quote.

Sleeping Dogs had its time to shine.

Got any tips? I really like the game but its really hard IMO, plus no auto recover after battle makes it even more challenging. :x

If you're just starting out, here are a few tips

- the first city of Cyseal has a ton of quests in it. Do as many as you can for the xp. You can easily be level 4-5 before you even have to step outside.
- there are 2 NPC companions who will join your party in the city. Take them along in your adventures. One of them has a healing spell that's quite handy.
- don't engage enemies more than a level above you. It will be very hard to beat them.
- as for no auto recovery... after any battle, just stop for a moment and use the healing spell one by one on your entire party.
- crowd control is king in this game. Learn abilities that let your characters charm, stun or knockdown enemies. Minions are really good too. They will tank damage while you safely stay at a distance. The spider is particularly good at the start of the game.
- you need patience in this game. It will take some time to fully understand the depth of the game mechanics. Turn down the difficulty if you feel like it's too hard. The game will still be fun ;)

Miguel81

7UFIdQS.jpg

Alien Isolation(Please be good) is my pick.

Kuroyume

Banned

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

Evil Within. Think it has a better shot of being good and fits more closely with horror theme.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Tried to post new thread for this but don't have permission, so i just ask here.

So i completed Alan Wake few days ago and really liked the atmosphere in that game. Bright Falls was interesting and atmospheric small town, so i started to think about some other games which are set, mostly, in small towns. And there are not so many games that comes to my mind. Apparently Deadly Premonition is one and it's on my radar. But what else? I have heard DP have some Twin Peaks influences too, like Alan Wake. But game doesn't need to be weird/horror game. To be honest i don't like scary/horror games at all but if it have interesting, good and weird story i am interested. But otherwise genre doesn't matter.

Testament of Sherlock Holmes was mostly set in Whitechapel, well that's just a district in London, but really liked that too. I am ready to hear your recommendations. But now, sleep.

Turfster

Tried to post new thread for this but don't have permission, so i just ask here.

So i completed Alan Wake few days ago and really liked the atmosphere in that game. Bright Falls was interesting and atmospheric small town, so i started to think about some other games which are set, mostly, in small towns. And there are not so many games that comes to my mind. Apparently Deadly Premonition is one and it's on my radar. But what else?
Murdered Soul Suspect

Annubis

I just finished Memories of a Vagabond and I'm actually pretty positive about it.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME OVER 2$

Now that that's out of the way, the game is about 3 hours long and you can New Game+ as much as you want after.
I'm thinking of playing it again just for shit and giggles.

It's standard old school (J)RPG but your hero can swap bodies between 4 classes. One thing that's interesting is that you can unlock skills that will unlock on everyone.
I played warrior and got some nice attacks which I could then use on assassin or even mage if I want too.

The story is really nothing much... but hey, it's a RPGmaker game.

I think that the short length of the game really helps.

One thing that does bother me though is this:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/5654/?post=503759#post503759

Patison

Go with the Deadly Premonition! First 2 hours may be rough, but after that...it's freaking rollercoaster with the best set of characters and amazing story. When it ended I almost cried because a) there's no sequel b) I will never play anything as good as DP.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mokoi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ #1 -- MB-A00BBA5EAE08D676 - Taken by spindoctor. 28 entrants total.
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ #2 -- MB-EB48D293E12C984A - Taken by Armoured Priest. 28 entrants total.
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ #3 -- MB-A00BBA5EAE08D676 - Taken by spindoctor. 28 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ #3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1410739873z1.png

-Deimos

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

Alien

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

TEW because Shinji Mikami.

BiggNife

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

Alien banner looks cooler but I'm still not sure how that game is going to turn out. Cautiously optimistic, at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom