• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

I'm considering Medieval II: Total War on the humble sale. :eek:

Don't consider, do. $1 makes it the best deal Humble have ever done. Fantastic game and a ridiculous price for it if you enjoy the genre and will play it. Also has cards so you'll get a few cents back, it won't even be a dollar.

...what should the first banner of October be then?

Any indie or good title without the marketing budget of these guys :p Admittedly the Alien version looks bitchin'.

So Alien Isolation on the 7th, but Evil Within on the 14th, both are being hyped to hell, even I don't know which one will come out on top (Gaf opinion suggests EW ) what should the first banner of October be then?

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

3rd option is Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition :p

I like the Alien one more, wouldn't even have known that was an Evil Within image if you didn't say so.

Grief.exe

That comes out in oct?
I didn't even know.

November

already preordered. Can't wait
to be disappointed again

Bioware is dead as far as I am concerned.

So Alien Isolation on the 7th, but Evil Within on the 14th, both are being hyped to hell, even I don't know which one will come out on top (Gaf opinion suggests EW ) what should the first banner of October be then?

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

Alien banner looks better, Evil Within getting some grass roots GAF hype right now.

Tecl0n

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

I like the alien one better. Also, i want it to be good, and i hate scary games.

Isn't that contradicting? You want a survival horror game to be good but you hate scary games?

I'm in the same boat, I lack the testicular fortitude (or the female equivalent) for horror games, but I'd like to see the game do well. Though I do like the movies, which probably also factors in.

Besides, who goes around actively wanting a game to be bad? Unless its creators are a bunch of bawbags of course. Nothing wrong with hoping others enjoy it.

liezryou

Ok since the laptop thread seems to be dead and last time i posted on the CPU thread they kind of said go away to the laptop thread (2 days no response there...); Does anyone have any experience with laptops? Need some advice on buying a new laptop.

Not OT cause steam will be first thing i install

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Ok since the laptop thread seems to be dead and last time i posted on the CPU thread they kind of said go away to the laptop thread (2 days no response there...); Does anyone have any experience with laptops? Need some advice on buying a new laptop.

budget? And is it for gaming?

DocSeuss

Assassin's Creed IV wasn't working because of AMD's Catalyst Control Center.

Uh.

Not sure who to be mad at here, Ubisoft, for releasing a horrible port from Kiev, or AMD, for releasing terrible software.

They're all horrible. Can't wait to return to team green and pick up my next Ubi games for like $5 instead of $80.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks! Updated the OP to reflect.

I just sent you a write up for Costume Quest 2 (which would make a much better banner than Aliens or The Evil Within) :p

-MD-

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

Without a doubt the banner should be Evil Within (maybe a new one though?), it's a fucking horror game from Mikami 2 weeks before Halloween.

Make that happen, Orange.

Phone took a crap today. Time for an upgrade!

Galaxy S5 gets here in a few days.

Regardless of that it still holds true. I've gotten plenty of help here. While the other threads just offered nothing.

Plus it was said that even though we're labeled steam. This is technically just pc gaming general.

I agree with this statement completely.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I got an S3 and if I have to change I'm probably going to go low end. I just use it for phone calls, texts, and telling me where the bus stop home is from wherever I am.

What are you intending to play on it? Because Intel Integrated GPUs can run the large majority of Steam games these days.

Basically pick 3 to 5 games you really want to play and then use notebookcheck.com to see if the GPU can handle it.

Grief.exe

I've haven't looked up anything on this laptop, but the aesthetics alone made me sit up and pay attention.

Due to be replaced with an all metal back instead of the carbon fiber on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lNqCaxlpvs&t=00m13s

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

Even though I'm more excited for TEW, I'd vote for the Alien over "man in hallway".

Shadownet

Banned
Hey Orange. I was going to write a short paragraph for Dragon Age Inquisition but since it won't be out for Steam. (Origin only) I guess it won't count?

MayMay

Banned

7UFIdQS.jpg

GojhJna.jpg

#TeamTheEvilWithin -- this game is gonna rock lol

Miguel81

Horror month is going to be glorious this year. One-Two punch of Alien and Evil + I still have Outlast Whistleblower to plow through. Playing through D('s Diner) + watching too many 80s horror movies at a young age have desensitized me . I wish they freaked me out as much as some other guys/gals out there.

I know FEAR had a Directors Cut, was there anything else?

Does Shadow of Mordor have a Season Pass or planned DLC?

It has a Season Pass, so maybe it would be safer waiting for the summer sale?

Also, I have been thwarted yet again. Best Buy allows for me to download the game and get points - but then it will not be a Steam code.

Which means no achievements.

Oh horrid day! Cursed day!

Mokoi

Banned
Because I botched the last giveaway entering the same key twice, and I figure a proper explanation of the game is due instead of calling it generic animu shit. Taken from the OP.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Planetarian
- BinaryPork2737
"Planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ is a post apocalyptic kinetic novel (as in, there is no player interaction with it and it's
completely linear). The story is told from the point of view of a Junker, a middle aged former soldier scavenging the ruins of an old city
for anything useful for survival in a world devastated by biological and nuclear warfare. After coming across a seemingly abandoned
planetarium, the junker finds a strange android named Yumemi, who seems to have no knowledge of the events around her. Going into
further detail would ruin the feels."

planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ #1 -- MB-E84DA57B33FF37E9 - Taken by dot. 20 entrants total.
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ #2 -- MB-B21F56CBF1C17D7C - Taken by Patison. 16 entrants total.

t1410752834z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It has a Season Pass, so maybe it would be safer waiting for the summer sale?

Also, I have been thwarted yet again. Best Buy allows for me to download the game and get points - but then it will not be a Steam code.

Which means no achievements.

Oh horrid day! Cursed day!
Is the game steamworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom