• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does have a season pass, gonna be £19.99 / $24.99.

It has a Season Pass, so maybe it would be safer waiting for the summer sale?

Also, I have been thwarted yet again. Best Buy allows for me to download the game and get points - but then it will not be a Steam code.

Which means no achievements.

Oh horrid day! Cursed day!

Well that sucks to hear. Damn.

I still might pick it up. Fuck whoever did Season Passes first though.

-MD-

I think this one would have served for a better TEW banner:

image_the_evil_within-21913-2706_0003.jpg

That'd be great for the banner.

Other options:

So, uh, I'm on the new Alone in the Dark website.

The level of transparent H.P. Lovecraft namedropping is at Sid Meier levels.

H.P. Lovecraft's Alone in the Dark (from the creator of H.P. Lovecraft's Horrors! and H.P. Lonecraft's Realisation series.) is developed by H.P. Lovecraft's studio, Lovecraftian Designs, where he (H.P. Lovecraft) will hand craft the game through his design team. Available at a price and time of H.P. Lovecraft's choosing.

Lovecraftian Designs: horrifically good!

I've never visited the website so this is all I can imagine.

H.P. Lovecraft's Alone in the Dark (from the creator of H.P. Lovecraft's Horrors! and H.P. Lonecraft's Realisation series.) is developed by H.P. Lovecraft's studio, Lovecraftian Designs, where he (H.P. Lovecraft) will hand craft the game through his design team. Available at a price and time of H.P. Lovecraft's choosing.

Lovecraftian Designs: horrifically good!

I've never visited the website so this is all I can imagine.

They literally say created by Lovecraft.

Then they have a few boxes where in big red letters they write 'INSPIRED BY H.P. LOVECRAFT'. One of the creatures inspired by him is a Goblin, which... is the least Lovecraft monster imaginable. Plus, they say he drew his own art.

It is the most ridiculous cash grab representation of an artist.

Cheddahz

Banned
After playing Destiny for almost a week, here's my review of it

Bxh25VUCcAAnpFi.jpg

picture is three years old and I look younger now than I did in 2011

Time to either play Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3, or Wolfenstein

Shadownet

Banned

Cheddahz. you look exactly like how I thought you would look like.
--------------------

Someone hold my hand while I play Resident Evil Revelations. pls and thank you.

Banner Saga is all bad decisions after bad decisions, people kept robbing me of supplies, I got like 15 varls and no fighters left.

Edit: Oh wait 10.

Edit 2: All gone.

Turfster

Banner Saga is all bad decisions after bad decisions, people kept robbing me of supplies, I got like 15 varls and no fighters left.

You're going to die.
I'm pretty sure the way the game's been going for me at the moment, everyone will meet a horrible fate anyway

Edit: Oh wait 10.

Yeah, I didn't really master it until the fifth run. There's no real perfect run, which I like, but I got a decent decision streak going for import into TBS2.

My major decisions:
Kept the injured girl alive, and now she is an ultra powerful seer.
All of the major Varl are alive.
Did the diplomatic route at he bridge.
Rook is dead, Alette is alive.

Momentary

Banned
I think this one would have served for a better TEW banner:

By the way, this is probably the cheapest you can get The Evil Within
With the additional 10% discount it should be around $37.

The german branch of the store has the Steam key for €32.99

Shop is legit. I bought some physical PS3 games from there before.

How are these games so damn cheap? I wasn't going to look at buying anything until the Winter Sale, but I highly down The Evil Within go down to the $35 they giving it away at now. Man, this place just seems too good to be true. And this is good for U.S. gamers?

derExperte

How are these games so damn cheap? I wasn't going to look at buying anything until the Winter Sale, but I highly down The Evil Within go down to the $35 they giving it away at now. Man, this place just seems too good to be true. And this is good for U.S. gamers?

Key resellers that get their keys from who knows where. Shouldn't be posted in here.

Bxh25VUCcAAnpFi.jpg

Time to either play Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3, or Wolfenstein
You look super chill just like I imagined. Btw I like your new avatar

liezryou

budget? And is it for gaming?

What are you intending to play on it? Because Intel Integrated GPUs can run the large majority of Steam games these days.

Basically pick 3 to 5 games you really want to play and then use notebookcheck.com to see if the GPU can handle it.

I've haven't looked up anything on this laptop, but the aesthetics alone made me sit up and pay attention.

Due to be replaced with an all metal back instead of the carbon fiber on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lNqCaxlpvs&t=00m13s

Thanks guys, but actually right as i posted that, i got an offer from the B/S/T thread which i'm taking. Cheers :3.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tried to post new thread for this but don't have permission, so i just ask here.

So i completed Alan Wake few days ago and really liked the atmosphere in that game. Bright Falls was interesting and atmospheric small town, so i started to think about some other games which are set, mostly, in small towns. And there are not so many games that comes to my mind. Apparently Deadly Premonition is one and it's on my radar. But what else? I have heard DP have some Twin Peaks influences too, like Alan Wake. But game doesn't need to be weird/horror game. To be honest i don't like scary/horror games at all but if it have interesting, good and weird story i am interested. But otherwise genre doesn't matter.

Testament of Sherlock Holmes was mostly set in Whitechapel, well that's just a district in London, but really liked that too. I am ready to hear your recommendations. But now, sleep.

If you have a 3DS, I've heard Attack of the Friday Monsters! is good.

Shadownet

Banned
Animlboogy just gifted me a copy of Resident Evil 4. I'm going to be scared shitless.. But I'll do it for senpai. >____<
--------
Just played the 1st chapter of Revelations and you can really tell that it is a 3DS game. The obvious "Genesis" equipment and the gameplay element that forces you to scan enemies and the environment. It's not really scary or fun yet. But it's solid so far.

Momentary

Banned
Her hair is pretty scary. They hire Special Ops with that hair?

They don't have women in U.S. Spec Ops Forces. Unless they are in a supporting unit, but they don't go out with the teams. As for the hair, missions dictate that. During assessment and training everyone looks the part of a soldier, sailor, airman, or Marine. I know. I looked way too deep into this question.

-MD-

Animlboogy just gifted me a copy of Resident Evil 4. I'm going to be scared shitless.. But I'll do it for senpai. >____<
--------
Just played the 1st chapter of Revelations and you can really tell that it is a 3DS game. The obvious "Genesis" equipment and the gameplay element that forces you to scan enemies and the environment. It's not really scary or fun yet. But it's solid so far.

Play RE4 and uninstall Revelations.

They don't have women in U.S. Spec Ops Forces. Unless they are in a supporting unit, but they don't go out with the teams. As for the hair, missions dictate that. During assessment and training everyone looks the part of a soldier, sailor, airmen, or Marine. I know. I looked way too deep into this question.
Indeed you did, as I was referring to the fictional unit in Revelations, haha. That's some neat info though.

Tried to post new thread for this but don't have permission, so i just ask here.

So i completed Alan Wake few days ago and really liked the atmosphere in that game. Bright Falls was interesting and atmospheric small town, so i started to think about some other games which are set, mostly, in small towns. And there are not so many games that comes to my mind. Apparently Deadly Premonition is one and it's on my radar. But what else?

Skyrim. See what I did there? Eh? EH? ...Nothin'?

I mean, a lot of games contain small towns even if they're meant to represent huge cities. But I assume you're asking about games set in modern age small-town America as opposed to fantasy, western or post-apocalyptic.

The Samaritan Paradox is a point-and-click that's mostly set in small-town Sweden. If that counts?

Cheddahz

Banned
Shadow started to play Revelations and then he decided to buy Resident Evil 4, so I say that his time with Revelations was worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom