• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
After "beating" BlazBlue, I finally decided to read the product page before posting my mini review on the 52 games challenge topic. Holy hell these people can't type up a catching product description to save their lives. It was a pain to read through it. I really hope that Aksys finally decides to convince ASW that PC gaming is a boost in the pockets and that Aksys publishes the game on Steam and not some no name group.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mokoi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ #1 -- MB-E84DA57B33FF37E9 - Taken by dot. 20 entrants total.
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ #2 -- MB-B21F56CBF1C17D7C - Taken by Patison. 16 entrants total.

t1410752834z1.png

Ozium

didnt u watch free 2 play

esports are rad!

korean players are like super hot

in esports it's perfectly acceptable for teams to just forfeit matches before they even start multiple times in a week because they are scared and have no integrity... and people wonder why no one takes esports seriously..

edit: chicago bears are down right now they should just quit

KingDirk

Just beat Danganronpa 2 (after beating Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton) do onward to other games in my queue that will get ignored in favor of more Hexcells.

zkylon

zkylewd
in esports it's perfectly acceptable for teams to just forfeit matches before they even start multiple times in a week because they are scared and have no integrity... and people wonder why no one takes esports seriously..

edit: chicago bears are down right now they should just quit

i have no idea what the hell you're talking about

and who the fuck are the chicago bears lol

Jawmuncher

I thought Operation Raccoon City was better than Revelations

I don't like Rev but that's a bit too much for even me to say.

Sitting in the middle of a scale that begins on 6 and ends on 10 isn't really all that bad. For either.

The liberal application of hyperbole is reaching maximum bullshit levels.

Well my scale is off since I go 5-4-6 But those are all highly regarded by me.

Why are you guys being so mean to Revelaitons?

Because you don't know what a good RE game is.

Ozium

i have no idea what the hell you're talking about

and who the fuck are the chicago bears lol

I'm talking about how esports leagues, players, and those affiliated have no integrity whatsoever.

extending that to the companies that produce the games themselves: gg volvo no re

I don't like Rev but that's a bit too much for even me to say.
But ORC is a better game than Dead Aim... >_> Not that either is any sort of crowning achievement.
Well my scale is off since I go 5-4-6 But those are all highly regarded by me.
Yeah, we all have our preferences, although I think most people tend to like RE6 for different reasons than the others. I absolutely hated RE6 until I played it with a mouse. Now for gunplay it's one of my favorites.
Because you don't know what a good RE game is.
Which makes this comment kinda funny. The nebulous meaning of "a good RE game" notwithstanding.

jediyoshi

Kinda surprised DR3 is still in the top ten. I'd think between the full price, port quality word of mouth, and other capcom zombie games on sale it would have fallen off.

That means it's safe to do Dragon's Dogma now, capcom. Do it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm talking about how esports leagues, players, and those affiliated have no integrity whatsoever.

extending that to the companies that produce the games themselves: gg volvo no re

i duno i never heard of that about league of legends

maybe you're just watching the wrong game

Jawmuncher

But ORC is a better game than Dead Aim... >_> Not that either is any sort of crowning achievement.
Yeah, we all have our preferences, although I think most people tend to like RE6 for different reasons than the others. I absolutely hated RE6 until I played it with a mouse. Now for gunplay it's one of my favorites.
Which makes this comment kinda funny. The nebulous meaning of "a good RE game" notwithstanding.

I actually would say that DA is better than ORC. DA never made me mad like ORC did because of bullet sponge enemies which was one of my biggest gripes with ORC.

I was just getting on Turfster for his comment earlier on RE5 where he didn't even get past Public Assembly in the beginning of the game and called it quits.

The series definitely is all over the place so it is interesting to see what people's rankings are.

I do!
1, 2 and mostly 3!

I'll let you go this time.
Only because you didn't lump CVX with the superior 1,2, and 3.

Kinda surprised DR3 is still in the top ten. I'd think between the full price, port quality word of mouth, and other capcom zombie games on sale it would have fallen off.

That means it's safe to do Dragon's Dogma now, capcom. Do it.
If I'm not mistaken, the top sellers list is done through revenue and not copies sold. So maybe DR3 is just making more money.
I actually would say that DA is better than ORC. DA never made me mad like ORC did because of bullet sponge enemies which was one of my biggest gripes with ORC.
Oh yeah, that's a fair point. I think I need to reacquaint myself with how bad ORC is one of these days. Kinda like I do for Walmart.
I was just getting on Turfster for his comment earlier on RE5 where he didn't even get past Public Assembly in the beginning of the game and called it quits.
Oh yeah, I remember that. That was some boolshiet. My complaint with that part of the game is that the chapter ends when the gate is blown, so if I didn't manage to pick up all the items or ammo before that happens, it all goes poof for the beginning of the next one.
The series definitely is all over the place so it is interesting to see what people's rankings are.
This is definitely true. I think at this point there is enough variety in the series for there to be a game or style that everyone will like. But whether or not that style gets new games is another matter.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadow started to play Revelations and then he decided to buy Resident Evil 4, so I said that his time with Revelations was worth it

Actually I was playing Revelations and got gifted Resident Evil 4. But yeah Revelations is in every sense of the word. "alright" so far.

It look nice for a game that came from the 3DS though.

Edit: I know this isn't on anyone's radar but mine. but 16 more days until Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments come out. I'm hype as hell.

Ozium

Actually I was playing Revelations and got gifted Resident Evil 4. But yeah Revelations is in every sense of the word. "alright" so far.

It look nice for a game that came from the 3DS though.

I still don't understand how Revelaitions 2 looks worse than the 3ds game

Jawmuncher

have you been to the screenshot thread? some of those look on par w/ PS2

stunning state of the art graphics right here:

I'm sorry man but they got you there.
I can't say that looks like PS2 either. It is a "budget" game for them though so it's not going to be pushing much though. Still looks fine to me though.

KingDirk

I think the steam app just saved me from impulse buying DmC by refusing to remove a game I already had from my cart. I dunno if I'm grateful or not.
Edit: I know this isn't on anyone's radar but mine. but 16 more days until Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments come out. I am hype as hell.
Ugh, thanks for reminding me I need to finish Sherlock Holmes The Awakening and all those others too.
I am hyped too. Testament is awesome.

Ozium

I'm sorry man but they got you there.
I can't say that looks like PS2 either. It is a "budget" game for them though so it's not going to be pushing much though. Still looks fine to me though.

maybe ps2 is an exageration but it's definitely at least on par with the 3ds tbqh imo

Jawmuncher

Revelations 2 (visually) looks perfectly fine, what really matters is how it plays.

If it fails for you. At least you have REmake in early 2015 as well.

I wonder just how close they will come out from one another.
I remember REV on 3DS and ORC were really close like 2 weeks apart I think.

-MD-

If it fails for you. At least you have REmake in early 2015 as well.

I wonder just how close they will come out from one another.
I remember REV on 3DS and ORC were really close like 2 weeks apart I think.

I think I'll be alright if it's not what I'm looking for in a survival-horror game. Evil Within and REmake are already a dream being so close together.

Hopefully REV2 and REmake aren't 2 weeks apart though.

and yet those textures still look better than revelations 2

xbymWXU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom