• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though honestly I feel the same way with make characters. Those with ridiculous muscle mass. Aka everyone in Gears of War.
Gears is a male power fantasy though, as are most similar methods of male sexualization that people bring up. Very few people find the Gears characters attractive.

dani_dc

what are H games?

The best games.

TFObR.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
for sure, tho i wouldn't categorize myself as anything

i think it's also no personality tho :p

she is sexy tho

You're a spider kind of man aren't you? (;

Lightning was designed to be a female Cloud Strife.

What really irk me are impractical clothing in fantasy settings though. You're a female mage and you're wearing tank top and miniskirt? Sigh.. Don't even get me started on that mage in Dragon's Crown.

It's interesting reading the reactions to the Voilition dev joining Valve. People are really bitter towards Valve hah. Too bad (maybe for some and not for others) Valve doesn't care about public perception.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're a spider kind of man aren't you? (;

Lightning was designed to be a female Cloud Strife.

What really irk me are impractical clothing in fantasy settings though. You're a female mage and you're wearing tank top and miniskirt? Sigh.. Don't even get me started on that mage in Dragon's Crown.
well i do care for poor queelan T_T

that [unassigned] guy tried to add me on steam, looks like an scammer, I ignored him, and just got a request from "Morais (dani_dc)" and he's on the steamgaf group, which one of you?

lol, you just posted above me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm so what is the current scariest game on Steam? I mean like legit pee you pants scary.

I might buy it and do a stream.
my own more obscure suggestion would be knock-knock

it's a small sidescrolling survival game by rusky dev ice pick lodge. it's not violent or anything but i found it to be pretty distressing

i don't generally do the whole lights out+headphones on thing but i tried to with this one cos i respect the devs so much and got legendarily freaked out lol

that [unassigned] guy tried to add me on steam, looks like an scammer.

added me too, hasn't done anything scary just yet

Shadownet

Banned
Do you guys think the MMORPG genre is dying? I really wanna get back into an MMO. I even tried out Final Fantasy XIV for a bit but its not that interesting.

:/ I guess I'll wait another 20-40 years until Sword Art Online is a reality.

Remember Me's combat is not as bad as people said, and I quite like the soundtrack. The platforming sections play exactly like AssCreed.
Honestly, nothing I've read about as being bad on GAF has been anywhere near as bad as it was described.

The combat got a lot better when I worked out the timing to evade over a guy and then continue my combo afterward.

Shadow, if FF14 didn't grab you then the genre might not be for you.

Dr Dogg

So Alien Isolation on the 7th, but Evil Within on the 14th, both are being hyped to hell, even I don't know which one will come out on top (Gaf opinion suggests EW ) what should the first banner of October be then?

http://i.imgur.com/7UFIdQS.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GojhJna.jpg[IMG]

3rd option is Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition :P[/QUOTE]

Pfft what do those two pretenders have to the real star of the month that is Sleepy Dawgs? I bet there aren't any pork buns in either and I doubt anyone is going to be creating stunning gifs of a car speeding through the rain soaked streets of Hong Kong.

[quote="Milamber, post: 130072838"]Even though I purged it of my H games months ago, it is slowly creeping back again...[/QUOTE]

The most scary thing about your latest desktop is that you have Capsule installed *shudder*.

[quote="ashecitism, post: 130074239"]It's interesting reading the reactions to the Voilition dev joining Valve. People are really bitter towards Valve hah. Too bad (maybe for some and not for others) Valve doesn't care about public perception.[/QUOTE]

After the first few posts descended into snipes about making hats I closed that tab the thread was open in. Even for such a private and out of the spotlight company like Valve you can see they transcended from just a mere game developer quite some time ago especially with some of the crazy R&D style projects various employees have taken up over the years. But that's right they're a hat factory still and all 300+ soullessly work like battery hens day in day out making new stuff for TF2, CSGO and DotA2.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
There is a reason Quiet dresses like that.

Facepalm at all the gamers that take that seriously.

According to Kojima, to encourage cosplay popularity. And the obvious reason that sex is a extremely popular and effective marketing tool both for the aforementioned cosplay but more importantly, the sales figures.

dani_dc

You mean Hunie Pop? I guess I'm getting it... since I accidentally signed up for that waifu playthrough thing that Chariot made. Probably just the steam version..

How does one accidently sign up for that?

One can only hope Humble Bundle will give You steamy+Steam version (plus mods fixing the "issue").

uhh? Hentai Games?

Well that's more obvious than what I was expecting for some reason.
Makes sense.

Deques

Do you guys think the MMORPG genre is dying? I really wanna get back into an MMO. I even tried out Final Fantasy XIV for a bit but its not that interesting.

:/ I guess I'll wait another 20-40 years until Sword Art Online is a reality.

MMORPGs are just a time wasting genre. I wasted so many hours to just level up one level on each of my characters and it just doesn't feel rewarding when getting to high levels

Ozium

Remember Me's combat is not as bad as people said, and I quite like the soundtrack. The platforming sections play exactly like AssCreed.

yep, the combo system expands throughout the game allowing you to keep customizing it.. if you find the combo system boring it's probably because you set up a boring combo..

it's like god hand but not... maybe that's why both of those games reviewed bad.. combos arent just given to you to follow, you have to make them happen.

I thought you just got Destiny.

Arthea

so many pages overnight
what happened?

I activated The Witcher: Adventure Game beta code but I can't see a game in my library. Am I missing something? Something else needs to be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom