• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hmm so what is the current scariest game on Steam? I mean like legit pee you pants scary.

I might buy it and do a stream.

Once upon a GAFnight dreary, while I rested weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of H-talk lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my bedroom door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my bedroom door door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak Septemer,
With no Steam Sales and the topic dying upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished to follow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my suitcase of sorrow - sorrow that I had not brought a laptop-
For the rare chance if SteamGAF to bring up horror by themselves -
I was missing out for evermore.

And the Loli and pigeon filth that overfilled this talk -
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis not some game by the name of Saya no Uta-
Some late visitor yet to arrive at the gates of Steam itself; -
This it is not it, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you calm,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my bedroom door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - What's the scariest game on Steam; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Like Half-Life 3 an Shadows of the Damned 2 not on Origin,
And the only word on SteamGAF spoken was the whispered, `Saoirse!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Saorise!'
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the bedroom turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is someone asking about the scary games on Steam;
Let me see then, what question it is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis SteamGAF asking and nothing more!'

...So scariness is subjective, what sort f game are you looking for, nevermore?

Milamber

Finally...

tcNpd3R.png

Monooboe

Do you guys think the MMORPG genre is dying? I really wanna get back into an MMO. I even tried out Final Fantasy XIV for a bit but its not that interesting.

:/ I guess I'll wait another 20-40 years until Sword Art Online is a reality.

I've been wondering that too, I really want to get hooked on one again but I just can't get into them, tried FF XIV for an hour and gave up.XD I am however very hyped for Everquest Next, they seem to really be trying to take the genre to the next level.

Knurek

Just adjust your combo to include some regen pressens and they aren't an issue.

They are an issue in that regen pressens don't hurt enemies at all, which coupled with the fact that those enemies are terrible bullet sponges makes the fight take forever, especially later in the game when the game likes to sick dozens of them on you at the same time.

dani_dc

I played very little of Prison Architecture, but the first impression reminds me a lot of RollerCoaster Tycoon series.

Can't wait to play some more.

I hope they will give keys for both versions :)

Sounds like they'll try, one can only hope :)

What am I talking about in public?

Shadownet

Banned
I've been wondering that too, I really want to get hooked on one again but I just can't get into them, tried FF XIV for an hour and gave up.XD I am however very hyped for Everquest Next, they seem to really be trying to take the genre to the next level.

I'll keep an eye on that as well. I wonder how Elder Scroll Online is doing..

Infernal mode in Revelations is absurd, fills the halls with enemies Silent Hill 2/3 style but there's so little space to maneuver. Have to master the dodge and just run I suppose.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Infernal mode in Revelations is absurd, fills the halls with enemies Silent Hill 2/3 style but there's so little space to maneuver. Have to master the dodge and just run I suppose.
Beat it on my first Playthrough on this difficulty, it's hard in places but possible.

Wait until you get to the final boss... Ohhhhh boy.

Edit: Proof is in the pudding. Recorded the while thing of me doing it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xt5vhZKUNUc

Arthea

something, something about twitter and Xenosaga HD possible release. zky do you know anything of this? Anybody can confirm? Are we getting this?
it's totally too good to be true, like not possible at all, I know, but what started this rumour?

It will be changing soon, the Blue Update™ is coming sooner than later.

hold on a sec... I thought we already had this particular update, there is more blueness to come?!

Beat it on my first Playthrough on this difficulty, it's hard in places but possible.

Wait until you get to the final boss... Ohhhhh boy.

Edit: Proof is in the pudding. Recorded the while thing of me doing it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xt5vhZKUNUc

I'm pretty sure I remember talking to you about it when the PS3 version came out. I eventually gave up as I knew I'd be getting the PC version eventually so I just went for normal.

If this was Resident Evil 6 I'd slide past them but in Revelations you just have to stand at the top, wait for the first attack, and cross your fingers you make the dodge. Or get hit and land at the bottom so you can run :p

something, something about twitter and Xenosaga HD possible release. zky do you know anything of this? Anybody can confirm? Are we getting this?
it's totally too good to be true, like not possible at all, I know, but what started this rumour?

hold on a sec... I thought we already had this particular update, there is more blueness to come?!

Here's some info on it, going to be closer to BPM design.

http://steamdb.info/blog/steam-store-v6-peek/

Anteater

Harada talked about it, if there are enough people
like 30-50k
requested it they might, potentially think about releasing a collection.

Arthea

Harada talked about it, if there are enough people
like 30-50k
requested it they might, potentially think about releasing a collection.

we need this to happen, 30-50K is nothing! What 30-50K people should do, go to Namco Bandai headquarters and make fuss? (><)

Nabs

They are an issue in that regen pressens don't hurt enemies at all, which coupled with the fact that those enemies are terrible bullet sponges makes the fight take forever, especially later in the game when the game likes to sick dozens of them on you at the same time.

I just used the larger combos to deal damage and regen health (with a chain pressen). I had another to build focus so I could abuse the S-Pressens. The later fights weren't an issue with logic bomb, rust in piece and camo.

Anteater

Is there an actual petition for this?

I'm not sure, think there's a twitter campaign, I didn't really follow that thread, I seriously doubt there are enough people interested in this on gaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892979&page=7

we need this to happen, 30-50K is nothing! What 30-50K people should do, go to Namco Bandai headquarters and make fuss? (><)

I think the 30-50k figure is about petition, and I read it wrong, he said it might not be realized with 50k, so we'd need more signatures than that.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nfvv91

zkylon

zkylewd
first time i hear about it, but that would be pretty fucking amazing

xenosaga 2 and 3 specially look pretty damn good on 1080p on emulator so just like redoing the menus, fmvs and maybe redoing a few assets in 1 would be more than enough

like the games are playable on emulator but xenosaga 1 is pretty rough performance wise.

but yeah too good to be true, not fair to us to even get our hopes up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom