• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Some of the side objectives are kinda... silly for a game where you don't want to be noticed, tho.
"Now blow up ALL the trucks." "Wait, what?"
Well. There wasnt anyone around, ignoring the fact that a small caravan os about to drive through in a minute or two

KingDirk

Has it been bundled lately? Seems like it has died down lately. Even just general sales. A couple years ago it was everywhere but not much these days.
Yeah, sales is more appropriate to say for this Steam latecomer. I am super anxious from a rough day at work and was grumbling at not gaining Modbot's favor this time around. =p

DocSeuss

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on The Evil Within. I've got some Paypal dosh.

I'm suppose to be receiving 13 AI keys but nothing yet. I'm assuming it will be like a week before release.

For the record, I got my key for Thief on February 18th. The game launched seven days later. So yes, probably.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all, been lurking gaf for over a year, finally signed up. just saying hello. i own too many steam games, but have only played a handful (vita is more suited to my gaming time, even if i love many a pc game). Right now I'm devouring Desktop Dungeons (played the alpha ages ago), and also enjoyed greats like Grimrock (w/graph paper), space chem, FTL. I have about a hundred or so games I really want to play (roguelikes, dungeon crawlers, tower defense, card battle, and tactics games top my lists) when time allows.

I've been trying to get back into pc gaming some, since Wasteland 2 is coming soon and there's a ton of other games I want to play thanks to the oldschool resurgence.

Anyway. Hi.

Hey, welcome.

Okay since nobody else is biting, I will. How exactly are they gonna use it? Are you gonna be one of those cool plastinated bodies in the Bodyworlds exhibit that gets toured around? Or just some medical student's cadaver? Or what?

I was in an MRI for two hours and when I got out, I didn't know what directions were for the rest of the day.

Shadow of Mordor looks awesome, and I'd get that over Civ since I'm sure it'll have expansions.

Hm.

Yeah, Civ: BE is sure to have a Civ: BE Complete by the next Summer Sale. Same reason I'm holding off on BL2.5; I'm honestly shocked the first Destiny ExPack is coming out four months (three, really) after it launched.

Unity may also be a contender, since I know someone who actually worked on it and I need to pay for his shelter.

KingDirk

I've a 50%-off coupon for Nidhogg and a 40%-off coupon for Olli!Olli! if anybody wants 'em. Don't feel like ModBoting, so just PM me or so.

Salsa

modbotstumpqqa0v.gif

this makes me really happy

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Consider me a dual denizen of NintendoGAF and SteamGAF as well. Bayo2 looks amazing.

My friend was talking about Shadows of Mordor earlier, but I don't really get the appeal.

Jawmuncher

Max Payne 3 on easy and with Auto lock on aim was a fun game for me.
Reminded me of Man on Fire basically which we all know it was. I'm just a sucker for my cinematic games.

Nabs

I feel like no one ever talks about how amazing Max Payne 3 feels with a mouse. Whenever I hear people say it's horrible I cry a bit inside.

morning
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-D0BB5C3131A77FF0 - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-90ADC1F1F525B4F5 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.

t1410844217z1.png

stump had a Wii U long before me, and also bamboozled his way into getting it for $90 by maliciously abusing some store's rewards policy:

[12:38]  [stump] zellie-chan: two months before wii u release i spent $90 on $200 worth of chocolate bars, which due to a mishandled store promotion got me $200 worth of store credit; the store later had a promotion making the $200 equal to $250 in store credit for one day only.
[12:39]  [stump] no dishonesty at all
[12:39]  [stump] just stacking promotions
[12:39]  [stump] they had $4 chocolate bars on for $2 and had 100x the store loyalty points the same day
[12:39]  [stump] that's not my fault.
[12:40]  [stump] they then had a promotion that redemption levels for store loyalty points were boosted
[12:40]  [stump] that's not my fault
[12:40]  [stump] and they put wii u on sale
[12:40]  [stump] that's not my fault
[12:40]  [stump] i did have to buy all of the chocolate bars they had, though.
[12:40]  [stump] so it was a weird experience

modbotstumpqqa0v.gif

STEAM | September 2014 II - that's not my fault

Also did stump livestream or something where did I miss this

DocSeuss

Dude... just no, the game is great, the combat is arguably the best third person combat around.

In New Jersey? Occasionally. Outside of that, nah, dawg. Max Payne 2 did it better. Max Payne 3's awful revive system, sluggish approach to aiming, poor implementation of cover systems, and the like really held it back.

Plus, I mean, it's Rockstar writing, so it's horrible and soulless.

We're talking about a game with a level that flows like this:

~10 minute cutscene.
~Walk down alley--run is disabled, but a child screams at you to run.
~cutscene
~walk out of cess pit and up some stairs
~cutscene
~walk halfway down an alley, meet vacationing cop
~cutscene
~walk the rest of the way down the alley
~cutscene
~2 minute long fight
~walk out
~cutscene
~next level

Call of Duty features more gameplay than this.

In New Jersey? Occasionally. Outside of that, nah, dawg. Max Payne 2 did it better. Max Payne 3's awful revive system, sluggish approach to aiming, poor implementation of cover systems, and the like really held it back.

Plus, I mean, it's Rockstar writing, so it's horrible and soulless.

We're talking about a game with a level that flows like this:

~10 minute cutscene.
~Walk down alley--run is disabled, but a child screams at you to run.
~cutscene
~walk out of cess pit and up some stairs
~cutscene
~walk halfway down an alley, meet vacationing cop
~cutscene
~walk the rest of the way down the alley
~cutscene
~2 minute long fight
~walk out
~cutscene
~next level

Call of Duty features more gameplay than this.

I can agree with some of those points but calling it a bad game is a little much it does way more right than it does wrong.

The Steam client isn't loading backgrounds for any games, any game I click on just has one of those different colored backgrounds like it shows when you click on a game that's been removed from the store. Is this happening to anyone else?

DocSeuss

I can agree with some of those points but calling it a bad game is a little much it does way more right than it does wrong.

It really doesn't. It does very little right. What it does right is almost exclusively what it borrowed from Remedy.

Aside from that, it's a poorly-written, poorly-designed game with bad pacing issues, bad levels (there are at least five, count 'em, FIVE sequences in the game in which you sit still and point at dudes in a shooting gallery)... really, just about bad everything.

Good presentation and cues from Remedy doesn't make a great game when Rockstar went out of its way to ruin just about everything else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to [Gravity]- itsNickEbel. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 1.93 USD.

And it wasn't even a foil or "waifu" card.

Copons

I don't know why, but now the actual gif of Stumpo on Conan seems to me TOTALLY shopped. Like, for example the Inglorious Basterds one looks way more real.

I have beat Max Payne 3 eight times and very rarely used cover. It's all about throwing yourself behind something, then throwing yourself right into the fray. The aiming is as far from sluggish as you can get, playing with a mouse makes the shooting feel like perfection. And if anything the revival system keeps the pacing frenzied and allows you to keep in the action. If you dislike it there's always classic mode!

And Max Payne 1 and 2 had horrible encounter design. Most of the time you would walk towards a door and BOOM out come 3 enemies. Monster closets everywhere, those games were built around the quick save system. Variety is certainly there but running on ghost lines and warping hallways gets boring after the first playthrough. At least in Max Payne 3 I can just read a book or something during the cutscenes.

autoduelist

I was worried joining this thread would make me buy more Steam games than I need to (especially given my backlog). Instead, I just want chocolate bars.

Tellaerin

Playing Binary Domain with a gamepad feels so good. I generally prefer a mouse for aiming, but for a TPS, a gamepad just feels more natural to me for some reason.

Did you think all of the Salsa 3DS talk was for nothing?
It was amounting to this day.

So SteamGAF = S.H.I.E.L.D., NintendoGAF=Hydra, and Salsa=Arnim Zola? >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom