• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when people were saying that we should give EA a chance with Origin since Steam wasn't as good as it is today when it launched and it takes time to reach parity.

2439448-0702942518-mj4asah.gif

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-937C6F24CBE96459 - Taken by freshVeggie

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Well, just bought Defense Grid 2 Special Edition on a whim. It seems to not be region locked at all, but I really enjoyed the first one so it kinda fell right to pay full price for it.

I'm obviously getting Isolation and Shadow of Mordor at cheap russian prices though

Nabs

Maybe we'll get V6 when the Naruto splash is pulled. I think they usually last around 24 hours, so maybe 6-7pm EST.

This is like one of those awful 'spot the difference' games.

edit : my picture has a blue square border for being 'online'. That seems new

I remember when people were saying that we should give EA a chance with Origin since Steam wasn't as good as it is today when it launched and it takes time to reach parity.

http://abload.de/img/2439448-0702942518-mj4asah.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

These things, they take time.

PriitV

Good point, that would be a lot easier yeah. You would still need to provide said application with your Steam session cookie information. You would also have to scrape the page on a regular interval since the scraping application would be stateless, unless you used something like a DOM mutation observer in javascript.

So yeah, I suppose it would be possible. The original point still stands though, it would be much easier for Valve to implement it themselves. :p Then again, I guess that's what I do.

Or you know, Chrome extension, pin the tab and let steam do the refreshing for you ;)

L.O.R.D

Yeah installing them is fine. The timer starts once you hit play the first time, and runs for 48 hours whether or not you're playing the game.

oh...oooh
that change everything
i am that kind of people that can't finish the game in 1 sitting
i need several days to finish any game

hmmm im 50/50 on that new steam layout. On one side I'm happy they're getting rid of the black. Everything is always blacks and makes things look really dull imo which is why I prefer bigpicture mode, looks more appealing. But on the other hand that looks pretty ugly.

Who would get banned? I saw a mod irritated with the setup in there too.

i read a few post defending the setup but not only defending it, being very hostile towards anyone who thought it was a bad setup. I completely agree that bungie handled it very bad and that raid looks like doodoo, just makes the enemy more bullet spongey than usual.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
actually , in game DLC is available in Dead Space 3

I was under the impression that purchasing DLC within Dead Space 3 doesn't call for Origin but rather it's handled entirely by the game itself as Origin has (had?) no Steam Wallet equivalent. Is that incorrect?

2439448-0702942518-mj4asah.gif

At the very least, Origin and (in time) GOG Galaxy will help to keep Steam honest. And their free games ain't bad, either.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like someone from Valve finally realized that the puke-yellow color they had for the wishlist button was a bad idea. It now looks like this:

s52i8Ky.png

Which is much better in my opinion.

That bad?

I had a different experience.

I don't discount the failings of the game, by any means, but it seems so much of the reaction is on the game that could've been versus the game that is. By the time it reaches PC, I'm sure patches will address a decent amount of the issues (raid matchmaking, better-implemented clan support) and hopefully be packaged with some of whatever the next content is.

L.O.R.D

something weird in origin
i am trying to open the program , there 74 mb update , download it then log in
then, i am on offline mode
want online mode ? need to restart , then start update the 74 mb again and again

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Looks like someone from Valve finally realized that the puke-yellow color they had for the wishlist button was a bad idea. It now looks like this:

s52i8Ky.png

... but now when both buttons are active they're like 2-3px longer than the search field ... my ocd can't handle that shit O_O

...if you think ME3 is a good game, you probably should go wait outside.

and I loved the series[/series]
ME3 multiplayer was fun at least.

(Incredible typo.)

something weird in origin
i am trying to open the program , there 74 mb update , download it then log in
then, i am on offline mode
want online mode ? need to restart , then start update the 74 mb again and again

Origin needs administrator access to update, which might cause a problem like that.

At least, that would be my best guess.

Uzzy

it's not the shitty ending that's the problem (although it sure is one)

it's the shitty rest of the game

Too right. The ending of Mass Effect 3 overshadows a lot of weaker segments in the rest of the game. Of course, Bioware managed to mess up the series in the opening hour of Mass Effect 2 before that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hngh that Fifa 15 demo is really fun....but 60€? Fuck off EA.

it's not the shitty ending that's the problem (although it sure is one)

it's the shitty rest of the game

I honestly don't remember anything about the game except:
-The ending (where I just went "Huh. That sucked")
-Shooting guys

I can't remember a single story mission right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
... but now when both buttons are active they're like 2-3px longer than the search field ... my ocd can't handle that shit O_O

Well to be fair it was the same way yesterday, just not so obvious since the color was so distracting.

For reference:

Shadownet

Banned
Do you mean it's a mediocre or bad game? I hope it's a decent game to give away. :p
I'm asking since I haven't played it myself yet... but it's my first ever game I gift that has never been available in a cheap bundle anywhere (so far).

(Also bought it for myself a while ago but haven't gotten around to playing yet...)

I can't say if its good or bad. the combat seem solid though from the 1 hour that I played.

Edit: Jshackles. That is a glorious avatar sir.

jshackles

I'm also bracing myself for the rash of people that email me with "In the search suggestion box, it looks like everything I don't already own is on my wishlist".

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pyroclastic, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pyroclastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Scratches: Director's Cut -- MB-FD65C94A822F3990 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 2 entrants total.
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals -- MB-961688739649212C - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
Post Mortem -- MB-65BD941AD43EEAF0 - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.

t1410898219z1.png

BruteUA

I'm also bracing myself for the rash of people that email me with "In the search suggestion box, it looks like everything I don't already own is on my wishlist".

"We wanted to change things up a bit, the old style was starting to become a bit stale. So we decided to bring more color to the Steam interface. Also, we really wanted to fuck over jshackles' inbox."

tebunker

Banned
Is there a gaf consensus or opinion in Minimum? It looks really neat for $5 and I am always up for different PC games. Would love to see any opinions.

haha I didn't even think of that but you're right! also I love enchanted steam, you're doing a really good job on it <3

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
More like disappointingly easy, still a great game, much better than I expected it to be.
Good to hear, I'm terrible at hard games. I'm usually terrible at easy games too, but at least they are more manageable, lol

nope , only the last boss is hard
you need to memorize his attack to avoid them
what harder is there is some challenges you need to do in all levels to get an item to craft
for example , some challenge require you to finish the level without been hit
or kill the boss in 1 minute
As long as those challenges aren't required to progress, I think I'll be fine then. I'll probably pick it up, thank you both!

Miker

s52i8Ky.png

Not sure why the wish list button has a gradient when the whole look of Steam has gotten more and more flat.

jshackles

Fox318

Can't you change the hex color now for all items ahead of the switch?

Make it an obnoxious color.

tylerf

hot and fresh out the kitchen

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco -- MB-D0B7E3A990449C66 - Taken by autoduelist. 2 entrants total.

t1410896479z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom