• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can't you change the hex color now for all items ahead of the switch?

Make it an obnoxious color.

I thought about that, but the color scheme that Enhanced Steam uses is based off of the current Steam store's color palette (which incidentally parts of their new store are as well).

Whether the new storefront ships this afternoon or two weeks from now, changing the wishlist background color now wouldn't really change anything, people would still send me this question.

Once the new store releases I'll most likely be changing the default color schemes used by Enhanced Steam to match as closely as possible.

Updating the webstore design is all fine and dandy... I just wish the Steam client wasn't just a glorified browser.

I'm not saying go overboard and do some metro-style shenanigans... but still... more functions to browse and sort your games and other much needed stuff.

Maybe if one day TV shows, music and movies really do end up on Steam they might actually make it more "sexy" (à la XBMC).

EDIT: In case you're wondering... I know there's Big Picture!

autoduelist

Well, just bought Defense Grid 2 Special Edition on a whim. It seems to not be region locked at all, but I really enjoyed the first one so it kinda fell right to pay full price for it.

I had no idea this was coming out. Absolutely made my day... though I can't in good conscience pay that much given my current Steam backlog and finances, even if I think it's likely worth every penny.

Thanks for the heads up!

Updating the webstore design is all fine and dandy... I just wish the Steam client wasn't just a glorified browser.

I'm not saying go overboard and do some metro-style shenanigans... but still... more functions to browse and sort your games and other much needed stuff.

Maybe if one day TV shows, music and movies really do end up on Steam they might actually make it more "sexy" (à la XBMC).

oooh yes yes I agree with this.

Kiru

Reposting this:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kiru, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-2847310375CA6D4C - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.

t1410803896z1.png

Kiru

Found this post on reddit:
I've been backing up all of my Steam games over the last month or so. When I got to Star Trek DAC (purchased from Steam in 2010 - still have the receipt), installing the game resulted in an empty folder.

So I contacted Steam support. After getting through the first couple of auto-replies from them, they have now stated that the game was not only removed from the Steam store (which is understandable), but the game also can no longer be installed or played by those who purchased it. On top of that, the game was deleted from my Steam library, and it no longer shows up in my account history.
Pretty scummy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Found this post on reddit:

Pretty scummy.

Not sure what the issue is, but Star Trek D-A-C is still working on my account, and I just tried installing it and got a 285 MB folder.

Vuze

Reposting this:
Thanks, I took it :)

I also agree that the upcoming design looks... weird. Gradients, light and dark blue... I dunno. I usually don't whine about design changes but in this case I'd rather keep the grey/black one.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-C7101F85B491E96C - Taken by Emperor_EL. 40 entrants total.

t1410900859z1.png

Now that I've been approved it's time to join the ranks of SteamGaf.
Hey there, guys.
After about 2 years as a visitor reading NeoGAF every day (especially this thread), I've finally subscribed and now here I am! (3 weeks to be validated, not 2 years).
Heartily welcome to you guys :)
---
For contrast, I'd go against picking up Dead Rising 3, keys or not. Its gameplay design is deeply flawed even as a standalone game and as a sequel it's nothing but a mere shell of what Dead Rising used to be. A hypothetically fixed performance will only alleviate so little and there's better games to choose from in that wishlist.
Do you mind explaining what changed to the bad with DR from 2->3 that you say it is only a shell now? I only saw screenshots and some gameplay videos of the third and it looks like mindless fun. I never played any DR before that and with DR2+OTR just having had sales, I thought about picking OTR up once it's >5 bucks. Hope the region-lock for Germany is not that strict though. I read here that during sale there were changes, so I am confused a bit.
---
Woot! OT talk I know (sorry) but after so damn long I just got offered a permanent graduate job!
Congrats man! Striving to achieve the same as well hopefully :)
---
I would definitely have gotten DR3 if my laptop wasn't so bad - currently I'm very limited due to it (acer 5742g lol).
As for Endless Legend, the same 2-3 people seem to be selling it for the last few months, and I was hoping to get it for less than the 7-8k they want.
Acer laptop pleb here too :D
But your machine should handle most stuff I think; i5, 540M, 8GB. Sounds not that bad.
Core2Duo, 4GB DDR2, 9600MGS here :O
---
Ive been working hard on my indie game Cosmochoria which is hitting Steam Early Access on Sept 29!
It’s got a little naked dude with tiny nips freezing in the dead cold of space. His junk is shrunken to nigh invisibility. He plants seeds, they sprout and give him more seeds, he respawns a galaxy. He gets shot with fire in his face. He shoots dragons in their face. Aliens arrive. You upgrade your shit. You drop bombs like in Contra 3. You get stronger. You get awesomer. You jetpack everywhere and go through portals and find hidden secret pets that help you kill and lick your wounds and make time portals and its the greatest game ever created in the history of mankind.
i1sVMLkFk631z.gif

(shouts to Ryo Hazuki for the gif)
Huge stack of GAF Kickstarter homies will be getting their steam keys in a couple weeks tops.
Official Site: www.cosmochoria.com
Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/293240
Official Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792398
Woah, just watched the trailer. Looks bloody brilliant! Wish you great success man!
---
Those numbers are huge! Many indie devs dream of the Mac figures alone!
---
Apparently Rebellion now owns the original AvP:
This is notable because Fox also owns the sequel... but it too may now be in Rebellion's hands. DocSeuss' dream may come true after all. ;)
Played AvP and AvP2 many years ago, so long ago. The first was really scary, especially being human marine. The second had more substance, better campaigns and generally more fun. Even though it was less scary. Would love for the second one to come on steam.
After this, Project IGI and the superior, original Soldier of Fortune would be gorgeous as well :O
On that note,
damn Saoirse really looks super cute in that pic. I remember an image from the Saoirse stalker thread with several other young female actors and boy, did everyone look lifeless and creepy, she included :(

Vuze

Damn. You can't add the season pass to your library if you don't own the game. Now it sits in my inventory. Can they add a region lock to the season pass before I get to activate it?

This has happened before, yes (I can think of Valiant Hearts and South Park, hope I'm not mistaken). Not to a season pass afaik but that doesn't matter I guess.

Turfster

Alternatively there's still the deal that if you register for DLH.net, you get a free Steam key for Enclave, East India Company Gold, and Knights and Merchants HD.
Jesus, that's still active?
I thought they'd replaced them when they switched to the other games.
"Just for Christmas" my ass.

madjoki

Do they? I know back when everyone was going nuts about that thing, they started handing out duplicate keys. I had to register with like 5 emails just to get two that actually worked.

They don't actually give keys anymore, but activate it on your behalf like Humble Bundle and Indie Gala. So assuming they correctly handle any errors it should work 100% without errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom