• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I so trust those two, even if I not always agree with them. So far they were very reliable in giving their honest opinion. They weren't shy of smacking games for being shit. Like Joe did with Rome: Total War 2 or Totalbuscuit informing people about the sorry state of DR3 and Fable: Anniversary.
If they like something they tell us that they like it and are maybe a bit biased

And I know that Rome got very good reviews from the games journalists.

tmarg

Games journalism, mhmyes?
Tha's why I trust YouTube personalities like AngryJoe and Totalbuscuit more than gaming sites. I know they're not on the payroll and give their honest impressions.

You're kidding right? Polaris channels take money to promote games all the time, including TB and Angry Joe.

AHA-Lambda

Hah! I managed to get Steam support to refund my Evil Within pre order and my account still has the Season Pass attributed to it! ^_^

Uzzy

I so trust those two, even if I not always agree with them. So far they were very reliable in giving their honest opinion. They weren't shy of smacking games for being shit. Like Joe did with Rome: Total War 2 or Totalbuscuit informing people about the sorry state of DR3 and Fable: Anniversary.
If they like something they tell us that they like it and are maybe a bit biased

And I know that Rome got very good reviews from the games journalists.

Wasn't one of the problems with Rome's reviews that a lot of the major issues only became self evident after thirty, forty hours of playtime?

tmarg

Wasn't one of the problems with Rome's reviews that a lot of the major issues only became self evident after thirty, forty hours of playtime?

IIRC, the biggest problem was that the AI was horribly broken, which should have been quickly apparent.

prudislav

AFAIK It's not a story mode, It's just 3 side stories that expand on some events. Which is kinda strange because, judging by the cover, the game has characters that are beyond story-wise where uns3 ended. I don't have the game, so this is speculation.
well problem might lie exatly on uns3 ends beacause uns3 end hugely violated from actual manga story. So they dont have much where to go (they cant follow manga story and they messed up some continuity bits to introduce new characters) . So tournament thing ands some spinnofs are way to go for non-numbered lastgen game.

BTW: kinda surpriesed anyone even bought it for story - but i guess peaople can't even read store page these days

Nice puzzle game, too hard for me in some sections, probably not so hard for everyone else.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Great Permutator -- MB-AD38C487EDE4F94E - Taken by tylergregg. 9 entrants total.

t1410922220z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, none of the new currencies are live it seems.

Turfster

And I'm done with the Bridge.
Fuck that last puzzle of chapter 4, it's stupid twitch bullshit.

Edit:
Oh for crying out loud.
My Gemini Rue savegames won't load any more.

Wasn't there some blowup with TB giving negative coverage to something he was paid to cover earlier in the year?

And also the old IGN standby of glowing previews and then an average review. But that seems to be less common these days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We don't need to know about your nights with the hotel prostitutes. I mean, unless you plan on sharing everything. With detailed diagrams drawn in Paint. And video filmed at some hard-to-manage angle.

No hookers, just tuna, and a side of salad

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
We don't need to know about your nights with the hotel prostitutes. I mean, unless you plan on sharing everything. With detailed diagrams drawn in Paint. And video filmed at some hard-to-manage angle.

I'd watch that :p

Tizoc

OK finished a few quests in Fable Ann.
Where's the barber in the first town though?

Character models leave so much to be desired...

fallout

I hope they never add Canadian $.
I much prefer the CAN to US currency exchange rate to the industry's imaginary CAN to US exchange rate.
Even better is paying $50 CAD for $50 USD by purchasing the Steam cards at EB. I'm not sure if they still do that, though.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Race the Sun and Monaco Mystery Giveaway:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-A100F45FCF7F1F0B - Taken by Tellaerin
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-259C1F01F37D29C9 - Taken by Vlad
x

zkylon

zkylewd
i was all day out doing girly stuff to my hair so couldn't proper reply to this

I'll see you outside.
gladly >:3

...if you think ME3 is a good game, you probably should go wait outside.

and I loved the series[/series]
i loved the series too, i wasn't a fan of the direction of me2 but i could accept it but me3 was just terrible on all fronts.

it all started on the bridging dlc from me2, that one was bullshit too

I honestly don't remember anything about the game except:
-The ending (where I just went "Huh. That sucked")
-Shooting guys

I can't remember a single story mission right now.
the fact that you can't remember is pretty telling of how traumatic the experience must've been!

i thought two things were good about that game:
- mordin/wrex character arcs conclusion
-
the part where you die in keith david's arms up until you revive

everything else was pretty darned awful, with limited conversation choices, the whole war effort amounting to shit, the preorder exclusive team member that's kind of a big deal, cerberus doing another 180 and now suddenly being super evil again, cartoon robin bad guy, steroid mc steroid, the minute 2 deus ex machina death machine thingie, being forced to endure kaidan/ashley again after they were thankfully erased from the plot in me2, jack's hideous makeover, the bizarre sidequest overhearing system, the fact that all sidequests were obviously repurposed multiplayer maps, and well, obviously, the ending

it's a terrible game that's overshadowed by how mindnumblingly insulting the ending is. i'd argue that it's much worse than dragon age 2 cos mass effect 3 ruined shepard for me. i hear the dlc is pretty good and might fix a lot, i would like to try it some day but, like, shep's dead to me now. she's a hollow husk of herself and i'll never look at her the same way T_T

Too right. The ending of Mass Effect 3 overshadows a lot of weaker segments in the rest of the game. Of course, Bioware managed to mess up the series in the opening hour of Mass Effect 2 before that.
yeah, but at least me2 was a well made mess

me3 looks like they ran out of budget and tried to get away with it

i'd say multiplayer ruined it but you really can't blame budget for a script as stupid as me3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom