• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
He was talking about the time that Sniper Elite V2 was free to grab for everyone to keep forever on their libraries.

Oh huh yeah I have that in my account.

I played a little of it at my friend's house and thought it was boring and the gimmick got old fast.

I would never have bought it even on sale if it wasn't free that one time. I probably wont buy 3 either. I literally haven't even installed it, so it might as well not even be there in the account.

I own Ghost Warrior 2 as well which is kinda the same thing, and it was pretty but probably a better game.

Miguel81

I once drunkinly overate wasabi hummus. I'm still tasting it to this day.

I just got images of Jean Reno downing that stuff. IMBD tells me it was a movie, but I only vaguely remember it.

Edit: If MGS4(and rest) end up on Steam I hope Koji and Company add DS4 and gyroscope support. Removing camo and controlling Mk.II was cute stuff.

baterism

WOOOT! I woke up and checked the price. Indonesian Rupiah prices are even lower than the Rubels!

Civ BE is roughly $29.

Thank you based Gaben.

Edit: new Naruto is still 50% pricier than RU, Dynasty Warrior 8 16% more. Oh Japan.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't see it posted in-thread, but PEGI (the European games rating agency) has Final Fantasy IV rated for PC release with a "release date" of September 17th. Not sure which version it's a port of, or if it's coming to Steam, but one would logically assume it is. For those who can't keep up with Final Fantasy numbering, this is the one with Cecil the Dark Knight, Golbez, the Underworld, the Moon, etc which you played when you were younger as Final Fantasy II if you were in the US/Europe.

1jWxnRR.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't see it posted in-thread, but PEGI (the European games rating agency) has Final Fantasy IV rated for PC release with a "release date" of September 17th. Not sure which version it's a port of, or if it's coming to Steam, but one would logically assume it is. For those who can't keep up with Final Fantasy numbering, this is the one with Cecil the Dark Knight, Golbez, the Underworld, the Moon, etc which you played when you were younger as Final Fantasy II if you were in the US/Europe.

I'm playing this on my Android tablet right now, but I'd buy it and play again when it comes to Steam.

------

Also, it seems a few new currencies are live. At least Thai Bhat, Malaysian Ringgit, Singapore Dollar, Philippine Peso, and Indonesian Rupiah.

Anyone find any price mistakes?

GaussTek

http://i.imgur.com/1jWxnRR.png[img][/QUOTE]

Expected, but releasing tomorrow already? Very nice, if true!

Also, apparently the reports of Paypal gone are only from people from Asia?
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/616187839529088648/[/url]

Jawmuncher

1jWxnRR.png

I wonder if they'll think of bringing chaos rings over as well.
Looks like porting from ios to pc (Which this version is more than likely based on) must be easy for them.

Pretty good Humble Bundle for me, considering this was the only game I didn't already have...enjoy guys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xrayregime, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco -- MB-AC0E70227BFF3949 - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.

t1410927140z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bananas, salad, tuna... sounds like quite a party you're having tonight, Rhaknar.

just my dinner I brought to work, no party, just me all alone.

Well, me and the ghosts of course.

derExperte

WOOOT! I woke up and checked the price. Indonesian Rupiah prices are even lower than the Rubels!

Civ BE is roughly $29.

Thank you based Gaben.

Edit: new Naruto is still 50% pricier than RU, Dynasty Warrior 8 16% more. Oh Japan.

Dead Rising 3 is 40€. :O But almost everything I've checked is very close to the Russian prices.

wilflare

Singapore store prices are now in effect
surprisingly some prices are actual lower since they are using the 1USD = 1SGD, when SGD is the weaker currency (1USD = 1.3SGD)

so Shadow of Mordor is like SG$49, making it US$37.70

Shade

1jWxnRR.png

Nice catch! Can't wait for this on Steam (hopefully not jinxing it). Still have my SNES copy I bought when it came out. Never got around to playing the other ports of it. At least it will be cheaper to buy this go around compared to the SNES release price haha.

Turfster

surprisingly some prices are actual lower since they are using the 1USD = 1SGD, when SGD is the weaker currency (1USD = 1.3SGD)

Ubisoft apparently matched Retail RRP for you guys, tho, so it's not all good news ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
many more examples too. not sure if I should switch over to the SG Store instead
Steam still thinks I'm on the US Store

they'll probably flag you after a little while if you're using SG IPs and have an SG billing address. Not to punish you, but to get you switched over.

duckroll

Yeah I just checked up on the currency shift. I'm pretty happy with the pricing based on a general check on a number of titles from different publishers and indies. I was afraid that the prices would be inflated artificially because of the weaker currency, but that hasn't been the case.

It's interesting that Steam doesn't do a direct generic conversion of pricing, leaving it to publisher to control some of the differences. Ubisoft for example seems to be pricing new games at S$74.90 (LOL), while leaving older catalog titles at the USD price (so old stuff is cheaper, but new stuff is more expensive now).

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is S$63, the new Naruto game from Bandai Namco is $64.90, and most of the indie stuff or smaller publishers are priced at the same dollar value as their USD prices but for the Singapore dollar instead. Witcher 3's pre-order price is S$49.50.

Overall I'm happy with this for now. :)

wilflare

they'll probably flag you after a little while if you're using SG IPs and have an SG billing address. Not to punish you, but to get you switched over.

hmm that's the thing. I still have my US Billing Address (from the time I was in Wisconsin)... so until now I never got switched over (except on the Client itself.. I can still purchase via the Web Store)

so some more interesting prices from SG Store
Ryse is US$30
Dark Souls II is US$30
Witcher 3 is US$38
FaceRig is US$7.70
Ikaruga is US$8
Yaiba is US$22
Wolfenstein is US$42

Ubisoft apparently matched Retail RRP for you guys, tho, so it's not all good news ;)
@Turfster, Ubisoft and EA are always an arse with their prices - so I'm not too surprised.
EDIT: strange though - games like AssCreed are okay though

Yeah I just checked up on the currency shift. I'm pretty happy with the pricing based on a general check on a number of titles from different publishers and indies. I was afraid that the prices would be inflated artificially because of the weaker currency, but that hasn't been the case.

It's interesting that Steam doesn't do a direct generic conversion of pricing, leaving it to publisher to control some of the differences. Ubisoft for example seems to be pricing new games at S$74.90 (LOL), while leaving older catalog titles at the USD price (so old stuff is cheaper, but new stuff is more expensive now).

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is S$63, the new Naruto game from Bandai Namco is $64.90, and most of the indie stuff or smaller publishers are priced at the same dollar value as their USD prices but for the Singapore dollar instead. Witcher 3's pre-order price is S$49.50.

Overall I'm happy with this for now. :)

ditto, I'm pretty okay and happy too. maybe I should finally "go home" and end my time in the US (lol)
I guess for CoD:AW and Naruto - keeping at the same price is reasonable :)
Witcher 3 price is pretty nice though :D

wonder if Southeast Asia (Singapore, Indonesia -nice prices posted by BernadoOne too-) will become the new "RU market" lol

Mono

1jWxnRR.png

That's a bit out of no where. Yay!

I really hope it's the complete version. But seeing as though FFIII was ported from the DS/iOS version, I'm thinking this one might be, too.

BasilZero

1jWxnRR.png

Holy!

I knew FFIV would be the next FF game to be released on Steam (considering they ported over the iOS version of FFIII) but this soon? No way ;o....

Although I hope/wish it was the FFIV Complete from the PSP :(

duckroll

wonder if Southeast Asia (Singapore, Indonesia -nice prices posted by BernadoOne too-) will become the new "RU market" lol

Not even close. Come on, these prices aren't -that- cheap! :)

Russian prices are so low that people can bump the prices up by a few dollars to make profits while it still seems insanely low to everyone else in the world. I think the only economies likely to have pricing that low would be India and China. But I think there are other factors stopping Steam from having in-roads in those markets.

kudoboi

The conversion to sgd is a lot better than I expected. Was expecting that we would get price gouged

We actually did for some games like the new Naruto game which was supposed to be 61sgd when converted instead of 64sgd

baterism

Paypal no longer supported in Indonesia.
The hell Steam? All my digital monies are there.

WTF is this eClub stuff? I'm not paying 10% more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom