• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

From the TGS thread. http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/FF13_Portal/ Why is there a steam logo.

FF13 Collection coming to Steam.

I will actually buy them all again.
I liked 13, thought 13-2 was okay on easy, and still need to play Lightning Returns.

This would be the best way for them to work on Recouping losses since PC is the last avenue for sale they have for it. Plus they can use the sales of this to bait us all into FF15.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Some bundled games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hammerfight -- MB-D718C66B2FF64AAC - Taken by fallout. 1 entrants total.
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-AF40626B2F386EA5 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-109EB8F345FE1251 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 3 entrants total.
SOL: Exodus -- MB-56EB5BEDB3916BFE - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
Oozi: Earth Adventure -- MB-4BE5AABFB75B8AF6 - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-CFDB82ED96CB0D32 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.

t1410925401z1.png

duckroll

The way Naruto sells on Steam, I'm surprised NamcoBandai didn't announce DBZ Xenoverse for PC from the jump as well. UNS Revolution sitting pretty @ #1 all day is surprising.

Announce DBZ for PC pls Namco

Technical constrains maybe? Different developer, etc.

I enjoyed all three XIII games so I'll definitely pick up that collection. Lighting Returns was really hurt by the performance on the PS3 so 60 FPS with good IQ will be quite nice.

iavi

Technical constrains maybe? Different developer, etc.

That's what I'm chalking it up to as well, but a publisher could always have a third party handle the porting like Capcom/Sega (with their JP releases) usually do.

That CC2 handles the PC dev themselves has always been pretty dope.

Gibbo

Was fearing the worst when it was announced that prices were gg to be in sgd. Really happy to see a 1:1 conversion for some of the upcoming games. Gaben truely is the modern day santa claus

60 fps and good IQ ain't gonna save those textures lol.

It's going to make it not play like shit though :p Lighting Returns has a really fun combat system, but the performance can be a bit rough given you have character movement and have to actively dodge as compared to the first two games.

duckroll

That's what I'm chalking it up to as well, but a publisher could always have a third party handle the porting like Capcom/Sega (with their JP releases) usually do.

That CC2 handles the PC dev themselves has always been pretty dope.

Might take longer though. The sales for Naruto are definitely going to be very encouraging for Bandai Namco, so maybe they'll step it up.

Jawmuncher

I enjoyed all three XIII games so I'll definitely pick up that collection. Lighting Returns was really hurt by the performance on the PS3 so 60 FPS with good IQ will be quite nice.

If this turns out true. not being able to buy FF13LR when it was on sale for 14.99 was some higher being telling me to wait. LR is the only one I need to play in the trilogy.

If this turns out true. not being able to buy FF13LR when it was on sale for 14.99 was some higher being telling me to wait. LR is the only one I need to play in the trilogy.

It's pretty interesting, great combat and the costume system is a lot of fun. Just really low budget by the series standards and some of the elements like the Majora's Mask esqe time system lead to repetition later on.

FXIII/XIII-2 have the best combat systems in the genre. The urgency, especially in the first game with its doom counters, really sets them apart.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
B-but FF XIII isn't good.

Yeah, but precedent. If it sells well enough, maybe SE will continue to be on the path of being convinced to bring more games to PC. Plus, FF XIII selling well would continue to prove that people are starved for JRPGs on PC, which could lead to more JRPGs from other publishers and developers coming to PC to capitalize on the growing niche. And you know what that means.

Atlus pls.

Pls.

Jawmuncher

XIII was better than XIII-2 if you ask me.
I didn't mind the linearity and I had a lot of fun with the battle system.
XIII-2 on the other hand suffers from the same issue RE:Revelations did. Oh we'll give you the stuff you loved from the older games but half ass. Yet a majority of you will eat it up because it's better than nothing. Half ass sidequests and a craptastic story to string together all the locales. Once again it was the battles in that one that let me enjoy it. Since everything else wasn't for me.

Khronico

I don't think any of the 13 series is any good but I must admit I'll probably buy it if it does come to Steam. Half because of the novelty, half because I want to show to other Japanese devs that the Steam community is willing to buy their games. Heck, I'll probably actually play them too, I dunno.

Cheddahz

Banned
I mean, I do own a copy of FFXIII that someone wanted to buy off of me for $900 (it's signed by the creator of Kingdom Hearts, some other producers, and some of the voice actors), so maybe I shouldn't complain too much

Zafir

XIII was better than XIII-2 if you ask me.
I didn't mind the linearity and I had a lot of fun with the battle system.
XIII-2 on the other hand suffers from the same issue RE:Revelations did. Oh we'll give you the stuff you loved from the older games but half ass. Yet a majority of you will eat it up because it's better than nothing. Half ass sidequests and a craptastic story to string together all the locales. Once again it was the battles in that one that let me enjoy it. Since everything else wasn't for me.
Agreed. I actually liked XIII for what it was. Wasn't amazing, but I enjoyed it. XIII-2 on the other hand I just had no fun with. I'd rather have linearity than the rubbish open world they did in XIII-2. >.<

Square is starting to get it, now we just need SEGA Japan to grow a brain and release Valkyria Chronicles, Platinum's games and Atlus' games on PC.

Turfster

FFXIII is a very good game.

I just walked forward through the straight corridor "levels" and pressed X for like 6 hours before I got tired of it.
That got me through like, all the fights in the first couple of chapters.
How is this a good game again?

Tecl0n

There was one thread awhile back saying it was just ok at best gameplay wise, and a lot of people were agreeing with it.
I know the setting and whatnot are well liked though.

plot is terrible, a third through the game ceases to give a fuck and delves into nothingness.

MUnited83

For you.
I just walked forward through the straight corridor "levels" and pressed X for like 6 hours before I got tired of it.
That got me through like, all the fights in the first couple of chapters.
How is this a good game again?

It gets better and it stops being a hallway later on. Quite a bit later on, but still.

Also, totally called this ports happening a couple weeks ago because of the streaming to mobiles thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom