• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

No and potentially, respectively. ACRTAG has always applied to Eastern Europe, South America and South-east Asia:

That being said, the notice is automatic and appears whenever the flag applies, so the fact it's not showing up on the Indonesian store means that copies are region-free, but I wouldn't expect this to last.

According to Indonesian trader it's locked after bought. :(
So I guess it isn't 100% reliable.

I just walked forward through the straight corridor "levels" and pressed X for like 6 hours before I got tired of it.
That got me through like, all the fights in the first couple of chapters.
How is this a good game again?

Because the combat system significantly expands after the first couple chapters of the game. It's the only mainline game outside of maybe the original version of IV that is actually difficult. They introduce doom counters that make it so that you have be efficient and constantly switch around your paradigms. After chapter 6(not very far into the game, first few chapters are short) you just can't use auto or you will die in 30 seconds. After you reach the mid-game and the first doom counter is introduced you have to actively balance defense and offensive which means switching your group dynamics up constantly. It's great fun and really unique within the genre.

It certainly has a very singular focus on the combat as compared to other games in the series, but for me it works given how good the system is.

yuraya

From the TGS thread. http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/FF13_Portal/ Why is there a steam logo.

giphy-28.gif

Damn. With this and possible MGS collection along with GZ/PP my steam wallet is just not ready for whats to come.

Jawmuncher

To me FF13 was playing a ridiculous anime. The story may have been out there and not exactly making the best sense. But I had enough of a goal to go through and I liked all of the characters. It was cool how they split up at parts and you needed to learn how to use them all basically. Plus for me the Battle System was a ton of fun. You could beat numerous fights underlevel if you knew how to use it right. Which made for a lot of epic encounters. beating the last boss in 13-2 a huge amount of level behind was such a great feeling. Sure a 4 minute fight took me half a hour and I got a 1 star rank. But just being able to do that made me love what they accomplished there.

Lastly FF13 did bring us this awesome song.
Sunleth Waterscape
I didn't want to leave that area when I got there.

Oh god gross. One of the advantages the PC had was that is was blessed NOT having the garbage that is known as the ff13 trilogy. Fingers crossed that its not happening

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather it be the path to FFXII.

(Yeah it doesn't make sense but whatevs)

But it might be the same path though.

Kitase once mentioned that if X & X-2 HD did well enough:

If they do well, I think this will pave the way for more of the previous games to remade in an HD sort of quality.

And apparently they did well enough for Type 0 HD to become a thing.

So it could be entirely possible that XII could have something similar happen to it. Whether it would actually come out on PC is a little more iffy, but I don't see why it wouldn't theoretically have at least a slim chance.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would pretty much buy any Final Fantasy game that came to Steam (at full price even) and I've been wanting to replay XIII lately. I've never played XIII-2 or LR, so having those on Steam would be a bonus.

Jawmuncher

That's a very expensive Bad Rats-like gift bomb. SE will surely price gauge us as always.

Price Gauge but with good discounts pretty quick.
Though then again they have been pretty stingy on FF3 sales of all things.

------------------

While I know there's no chance in hell. It would be pretty crazy if at TGS.
They announced FF13 for steam and the were out by next week.
Stealth Releases like that are so cool and rarely ever happen these days for obvious reasons but still.

Ozium

come back and see people hating on ff13 and lightning. never change gaf

also why is Rhaknar speaking in spoiled riddles?

Anteater

I'd play the ff13 trilogy, didn't like the first game but it was pretty, played the second game's demo and found the framerate horrid, but it looks like something I wouldn't mind playing. Bring it baby.

LOL Watch_Dogs(~60usd) is priced higher than Dark souls + season pass (~40usd) in the PH store. Ubisoft is making my choice easier than ever.
EDIT: Looks like Ubi removed the prices for their older games. Seems like they're still thinking how to gauge us.

Yasumi

Banned
Bought ComiPo + casual clothes DLC since it was on sale and man, it's way more limited than I was expecting. You can't even select custom colors for clothes or swap shirts and bottoms around. No Steam Workshop support either. I'll probably get some use out of it, but damn it could've been so much better.

Lain

I just walked forward through the straight corridor "levels" and pressed X for like 6 hours before I got tired of it.
That got me through like, all the fights in the first couple of chapters.
How is this a good game again?

It's a good game because it has quite good gameplay that requires strategy and pre-planning to get through fights as the game opens up. Initially mashing X works well just like mashing X has always worked well in every FF games to get through the first battles and the exp grinds. Most of the beauty in the battle system in XIII is in finding the good setups to use based on the kind of enemies in the area and exploit their weaknesses to do it fast and well.

It has its flaws, like the slow pacing in opening up for the player to start having the freedom to fully use all the gameplay possibilities, the way the story is told through asking the player to go read the databook to find out certain things or the corridor level-design (which didn't impact me negatively since I like linear games, even if XIII went a too literal with it, though it's still a flaw) but they don't make it a very very bad game. More like a disappointing game given the expectations and the unfulfilled potential (the villains could have been used better).
To me though it's still a very good game despite the flaws.

wilflare

I'm actually surprised prices are lower in Singapore Steam.

considering how Singapore is now the most expensive city in the world and our crazy GDP... would be interesting to see what factors Steam use I grouping countries.

(point is Singapore can afford the normal US prices. - Just wondering if there's any cultural baggage when assigning or whether it was not just worth it for Valve to really evaluate each country)

It's a good game because it has quite good gameplay that requires strategy and pre-planning to get through fights as the game opens up. Initially mashing X works well just like mashing X has always worked well in every FF games to get through the first battles and the exp grinds. Most of the beauty in the battle system in XIII is in finding the good setups to use based on the kind of enemies in the area and exploit their weaknesses to do it fast and well.

It has its flaws, like the slow pacing in opening up for the player to start having the freedom to fully use all the gameplay possibilities, the way the story is told through asking the player to go read the databook to find out certain things or the corridor level-design (which didn't impact me negatively since I like linear games, even if XIII went a too literal with it, though it's still a flaw) but they don't make it a very very bad game. More like a disappointing game given the expectations and the unfulfilled potential (the villains could have been used better).
To me though it's still a very good game despite the flaws.

Lain pls, or should I say Wada-san

you don't have to convince anyone here, we're already going to buy it

just like we bought Bad Rats

well, I didn't, but that's beside the point

Volimar

I don't see it posted in-thread, but PEGI (the European games rating agency) has Final Fantasy IV rated for PC release with a "release date" of September 17th. Not sure which version it's a port of, or if it's coming to Steam, but one would logically assume it is. For those who can't keep up with Final Fantasy numbering, this is the one with Cecil the Dark Knight, Golbez, the Underworld, the Moon, etc which you played when you were younger as Final Fantasy II if you were in the US/Europe.

1jWxnRR.png

One of my favorites, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom