• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Garbagedump I ever did.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Blob from Space (Desura)- -- MB-5220C1F432EF99B1 - Taken by cardinalmind
ulgzbKC.png
Instant Dungeon! (Desura) -- MB-D323D8BC230D733B - Taken by S1n1st3r
Palm Kingdoms (IndieGameStand) -- MB-938D27A58140E80D
ulgzbKC.png
Stoorm (Desura) -- MB-1C08E95DBB43F701 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Agapan (Desura) -- MB-350D69B9AB21F978 - Taken by Henry Swanson
~ go find a nice home poor non-steam games ~

Ozium

I just bought the trackmania collection and then ran idle master for cards and it says there are no cards to collect...

wtf? going to post on the idlemaster group page..

tee hee

strafer

u wot m8?

Nevermind.

There is appearantly two versions of the game.

What is the difference between the free game and the full game?

TrackMania Nations Forever is the free version of the game, where you can play on the Stadium environment. Some features are disabled and can be activated by upgrading to Trackmania United Forever. If you like Nations, you will love United, with 6 more original racing environments, more tracks, a huge solo campaign and more features to discover.
You can download the free game by clicking here.
If you prefer, you can buy the full game directly here.

Tizoc

Grabbed Trackmania collection for 1 TF2 Key, thanks for the heads up!

OK so I just saw it posted on the GD Forum, but wanted to post my impressions here
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy coming to Steam

I've suspected that this series might get released to Steam eventually. Let me start off by saying that the OG FF13 is the weakest of the Final Fantasy games.
The game boils down to being Fights, Fights, Fights, Fights, Fights.
The story leaves much to be desired and there's NOTHING inbetween the battles to let you take a break from it. Each chapter starts with a 'dungeon' and ends with doing battles in that 'dungeon'.

If you skip story cutscenes you'll beat the game in 20-40 hours or less, this is with some grinding of course.

Should S-E release the game separately, I would recommend getting the first one for $10 or less.
Mind you FF13 has a really good combat system but that doesn't save it from being the weakest of the mainline FF games.

FF13-2 does have some improvements design wise over FF13 but it drops the story and mythos it introduced in FF13. Be forwarned that the female protag is a dumb bitch, and various dialogs tend to mention the 'mcguffin' in every main story cutscene for whatever dumbass reason.
In addition to an improved combat system, it has exploration of sorts where you need to find items that'll let you open up different time periods or locations. Just don't count on the story being anything interesting.

Lightning RETURNS: FF13 is a game I have on PS3 (well my brother got it), but if this gets released on Steam...eh I'll grab it for cheap off traders I guess.

Should they announce a $60 collection on Steam, I'll prob. wait for a sale and then grab it.

Knurek

Why is it that every friggin time I leave my computer to idle some Steam dough, Idle Master seems to change the game after a single drop?
Guess it's time to upgrade, not sure which version I have, but it's ancient, that's for sure.

Uzzy

Waking up to the news that FFXIII is coming to steam... oh man, what a glorious day. God is real, and his name is GabeN.

Trackmania is glitched at the PH Store too. Steam is only selling it for 89.95php. I can help someone too, just ask.

I depleted my Paypal to buy things from the PSN so anyone patient can send me a money and I'll buy it for you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question guys...Civ BE (asia version) store page says the game the game only have region restricted activation, yet its steamdb shows "onlyallowrunincountries" as well.

Which one to believe?

The former. There's only one sub in use on the store; the latter is for retail keys.

Is there any chance that Valve might introduce a "begin to play as you download" system for Steam? Any news on that front?

Nope, but I imagine it wouldn't be retroactive as each game would need to have certain data set as that which is required to play, with the rest being optional (up until a certain point).

Ozium

just loaded up contraption maker for a test run... it's by the same ppl who made the incredible machine and is like the modern equivalent.

way better than bad rats imo

Coreda

Anyone on SteamGAF know how to move game configuration folders to a different directory? Guacamelee is saving settings to the user Documents directory, and it would be neater to move it elsewhere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That isn't super great for W3. Isn't the RU price like $18 after the 15% off?

594.15 RUB in USD = $15.50.

Anyone on SteamGAF know how to move game configuration folders to a different directory? Guacamelee is saving settings to the user Documents directory, and it would be neater to move it elsewhere.

Best you can do is symbolic links.

Move the game's configuration folder to your desired location -> right-click on it -> select "Pick Link Source" -> navigate back to the folder's original location -> right-click somewhere in the empty space -> hover over "Drop as..." and select "Symbolic Link".

Ozium

I just found out via email that Always Sometimes Monsters is 50% off... I don't think I've seen anyone mention this if I have then slopoke.jpg

Is it worth it ?

I might check out the demo

Kiru

Best you can do is symbolic links.

Move the game's configuration folder to your desired location -> right-click on it -> select "Pick Link Source" -> navigate back to the folder's original location -> right-click somewhere in the empty space -> hover over "Drop as..." and select "Symbolic Link".

Yep, that's also what I do if I don't like the location of one folder and there's no other way to change it.

We're living in wild times, I must say. Not only are we getting a new mainline Metal Gear Solid game, they're even porting the most recent single player Final Fantasy to PC. And I know that this sounds like a crazy idea in 2014 but what if these games released at the same time as the console versions in the future?

Stc0UsU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom