• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me, I really need to go back to Frozen Synapse and actually complete the story, I never gotten around to it despite it being one of the first Steam games I owned. I think I was just shit at tactics back then.

I also need to give Cortex a shot too, haven't really touched it since pre-ordering a while back. Don't think it's had much attention really.

Phinor

GIuLdcU.jpg

Absolutely fantastic that it's coming this year, the original was one of the best games of 2012. Very annoying how so many indie game sequels cost more than the original game. The original Grimrock made its budget back very quickly and kept selling pretty well but still they decided to raise the price for the sequel a lot. Grimrock 2 is obviously slightly larger game (with a bigger budget), but not that much larger.

Ruruja

Man...Naruto is gorgeous. :eek:

That's odd, I took you for more of a Sasuke lover.

We're living in wild times, I must say. Not only are we getting a new mainline Metal Gear Solid game, they're even porting the most recent single player Final Fantasy to PC. And I know that this sounds like a crazy idea in 2014 but what if these games released at the same time as the console versions in the future?

Yeah it's crazy. These two games were probably the biggest exclusive console sellers back in the day, they're one reason I bought a PS3 in the first place. Hopefully this FF13 news means 15 will shortly follow and I won't have to buy a console at all.

Coreda

Best you can do is symbolic links.

Move the game's configuration folder to your desired location -> right-click on it -> select "Pick Link Source" -> navigate back to the folder's original location -> right-click somewhere in the empty space -> hover over "Drop as..." and select "Symbolic Link".

Thanks for the suggestion, Jase. Disappointing there isn't a cleaner way to change this via some game ini or something, as the icon would still show in the folder :p

Copons

We're living in wild times, I must say. Not only are we getting a new mainline Metal Gear Solid game, they're even porting the most recent single player Final Fantasy to PC. And I know that this sounds like a crazy idea in 2014 but what if these games released at the same time as the console versions in the future?

Stc0UsU.png

I honestly think they won't, though.

Even if PC will gradually get more ports, as long as the console world is ruled by who actually produces consoles and has enough money to obtain timed exclusives first to maximize early adoption, games will always come later on PC.
In other words, as long as consoles exist (and Valve doesn't step up, challenging directly MS/Sony/Nintendo), we will always get games later.

MUnited83

For you.
Posted already ?

Ryse is up for preorder : http://store.steampowered.com/app/302510/

It has been up for preorder for quite a while now :p

Even if PC will gradually get more ports, as long as the console world is ruled by who actually produces consoles and has enough money to obtain timed exclusives first to maximize early adoption, games will always come later on PC.
In other words, as long as consoles exist (and Valve doesn't step up, challenging directly MS/Sony/Nintendo), we will always get games later.
Neither Sony or Microsoft seem to be paying for any kind of exclusivity on FF XV though.

Thorgal

Have they remade the combat mechanics or are all of the improvements simply graphical and performance based?

The combat will most likely stay the same

As for graphical improvements :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=896270

. Subtler LOD transitions
2. Higher quality textures
3. Softer Shadows with less noticable LOD transitions
4. An even more improved version of SMAA T1x compared to the xbone version
5. 1.5X1.5 and 2X2 SSAA available separately from SMAA (combined mode)
6. SLI and CF profile not yet finalized, but expected to scale just as well as C3 (aka perfectly)
7. SSDO improved from Crysis 3
8. The recommended processor (more than 4 threads) for 4k is about keeping the framerate above 30 at all times.

I dunno, it seems that's the minority of games that we get later. I can't think of any upcoming games we're getting that later that's been confirmed, aside from GTA. The upcoming Ass Creed is scheduled for simultaneous for now while the previous was just after the PS4's.

The_Monk

Morning everyone, I see lot's of Trackmania on my Activity feed. I knew there was a price glitch when I saw that, you lucky GAFfers. :p

EDIT: Oh and I also got a coupon on my inventory.

I've been getting between 2 to 6 invites a day from level one steam users with no game activity or their profile is marked private. I'm assuming these are scam bots.

Copons

Neither Sony or Microsoft seem to be paying for any kind of exclusivity on FF XV though.

I dunno, it seems that's the minority of games that we get later. I can't think of any upcoming games we're getting that later that's been confirmed, aside from GTA. The upcoming Ass Creed is scheduled for simultaneous for now while the previous was just after the PS4's.

I don't really follow new releases, so my post was mostly how I perceive what's going on.

Still, I often read here about games coming later on PC, even indies like the new BoI.
I mean, the fact that we're all hot about a 2009 game like FF13 coming on PC (and still without a release date) sure says a lot about it! :D

MUnited83

For you.
I don't really follow new releases, so my post was mostly how I perceive what's going on.

Still, I often read here about games coming later on PC, even indies like the new BoI.
I mean, the fact that we're all hot about a 2009 game like FF13 coming on PC (and still without a release date) sure says a lot about it! :D

BoI is also releasing at the same time as the PS4/Vita versions....

prudislav

i can think of in case of upcoming "delayed on PC" games appart from only "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - New 'n' Tasty" and "No Man Sky" which are (PS exclusives) confirmed to come on PC later on - which pretty much similar thing as with XBone exlusives like DR3, Ryse and STFU.

So overall its much better this gen than it was last time especially for multiplatforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom