• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
How do we know that Peter Dinklage isn't a Koala in a human suit?

image.php

BYANS41.png

Yup.NA Site.
Wow, never thought this to come to pc. Always thought the engine was a custom one, made SE devs trouble during dev, so, very console-unique, ergo hard to port.
But I welcome it. More games on steam is always good news.

I still remember the first cg trailers and was convinced PS3 could handle those visuals during gameplay, ha. But that music :O

Having never played any FF maybe this will be my first?
---
I just finished Deus Ex for the first time. Kind of an amazing game, also really surprised at the quality of the OST. I'm redy4fredy for Wasteland 2.
Great, you played one of the best games all time time imo. Now, to replay it every once in a while ;)
---
ffff.
Depression comes in waves. Some waves are worse than others.
Stay strong. It'll get better. I had to try out some very bad meds but in the end found one with relatively low side effects which helped immensely.
---
So hey SteamGAF, it's been a while. Over the last 2 months I quit my job of 10 years, sold our house and bought a new house 10 miles away. It's been pretty crazy and I haven't had much time to check out this thread.
Big changes, man. You got a new, better job or did you just quit? Anyway, best wishes for future.
---
Nope, although other companies have offered to pay a substantial amount for similar advertising space, I've turned them all down.
I actually would opt in when you made such a thing optional you know. You should consider it. It would be an easy way to support you.
---
A bunch of times:
It's certainly not as easy as it was back when foil drops were restricted to those at Level 10 or higher, though.
That's crazy. You made more in Foils than I spent monthly on all games. How do you look up your past market transactions?

DocSeuss

Fourteen hours of classes.

One meal, one snack.

Watched Sunset Boulevard (1950) and Face (2000). One for class, the other 'cause I felt like it. Pitched a screenplay in class and everybody seemed to like it, even the teachers and GTAs.

Today tried to beat me. I won. Mwahahahaha.

No dice getting word from Braben and/or Rebellion about various questions I have. Was hoping I'd have some nice news for SteamGAF from then.

Back to the cocoon of slumber.

All this talk about new currencies...

I sincerely hope the day they switch to Swiss francs never comes... I stopped paying for video games when we had to pay 120 USD (99 CHF) for a AAA title. PC games were 85 USD (79 CHF) and N64 games were even worse (140USD -> 129CHF)... Today console games are still expensive but they dropped to around 95 USD for a full-priced title.

No matter how rich the country is supposed to be, you still have quite a lot of people near (or below) the poverty threshold... or students, like I am.

Oh well, as long as they don't start region-locking too much... but even if they do, I could always start purchasing from the UK as it will probably be a lot cheaper than us and not region-locked.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's crazy. You made more in Foils than I spent monthly on all games. How do you look up your past market transactions?

There's a "My Market History" tab on the main market page, but there are no filters. I just searched my inbox for steam sold foil.

dot

Man...Naruto is gorgeous. :eek:

The keyboard controls kinda sucked so i'm gonna try to use a controller next time. Also i'm surprised it actually has a proper windowed mode unlike some other pc games... *coughdeadislandcough*

Will try the online next time.

agniswarm

Banned
in the launcher window you can change the keyboard layout..but I agree best to use a controller..
my controller didnt work as it needs a dedicated xbox controller..

Man...Naruto is gorgeous. :eek:

The keyboard controls kinda sucked so i'm gonna try to use a controller next time. Also i'm surprised it actually has a proper windowed mode unlike some other pc games... *coughdeadislandcough*

Will try the online next time.

KainXVIII

I want that damn announcement already.

And I hope that if the FF13 port is based on the Xbox 360 version, that they include the high-res cutscenes from the PS3 version. That Bink video shit of the Xbox version is disgusting.

If not, modders will save (like in case of FF8 re-release)

There's a "My Market History" tab on the main market page, but there are no filters. I just searched my inbox for steam sold foil.
Oh snap, now I feel stupid :p
To my excuse, I don't use the market much.
---
If that's true... then there is hope for RDR...
Yup, read that RDR was a pain for the devs, too. But with Rockstar there's only a chance when they decide for a PS4/XONE remaster and a subsequent PC port ~ 1 year later without any DLC :p
But I remember RDR having the same Euphoria engine as GTA4 so PC performance could be shoddy as well :/
---
Anyone here able to download youtube videos? ... is that legal
I don't think it's illegal (not sure, the videos are saved locally during playback after all) and I have to do that sometimes since my laptop struggles with playback in the browser for high-res, high-bitrate videos (gamersyde -_-).
You are best advised using Firefox though as Google has a policy for their extensions-store which doesn't allow youtube downloaders at all (other video downloader are fine though
e5YuU.gif
). And since Firefox allows these I think they are safe?
---

troll level:
Kojima
bewwwwwwwwbs O_O also - me want!! :)
edit: it's a video ... click it, goddammit!!! :p
I feel like this is going to exceed even hype expectations. Hope GZ comes soon on the store. Again, great find lashman.
---
Yes, sir. That or some trick with a text file. What also can work but didn't here because the game isn't part of the program is starting it via the Geforce Experience software, somehow that circumvents the ip lock.
I remember that when you bought the recent quake-con bundle, TNO had a different sub which even in Germany let you play the game uncensored without the need of any VPN. It was about 50€ I think and had many more games as well. A fellow German gaffer bought it and confirmed everything working swell but money was short, so I hope that there'll be similar subs in the future.
---
Daily DCS World DLC 70% off
Midweek

Humble day 9
  • Gnomoria 1.6€
Damn, DCS World has some expensive DLC. But that Warthog youtube video really sold me on that game. Somehow it's even more complicated than ARMA, ha. Wishlisted.
I remember Gnomoria from the indie thread. Looked interesting.
---
That's quite sad. People are mean to other because most of the time because they are jealous or insecure.
Bullying is no joke. It really changes one.
---
Yeah. Even girl gaffers get bullied the same way. It's really sad.
Girl gaffers.... those mythical beings exist? :p
I can't imagine mods not banning such things immediately though.
---
Sorry for this long-ass posts gaf. Wasn't around for some time, need to get it out of my system.

Miguel81

So, FFXIII coming to Steam might actually coming to fruition. Where's that guy with the "Square just shot themselves in the foot" diatribe?lol

Deques

Price glitch warning!!

header_586x192.jpg

Celebrat10n TrackMania Complete Pack for ~$2.30 in the Thailand Store

This guy is selling for 1 key

Hurry and take advantage of this glitch!! It's now or never

I will spam this warning in every page until everyone has bought their pack or the glitched price is fixed

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Steam (I'm an expert), but 4K and sales are huge parts of it. It's not like it is Origin where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Steam, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Steam users, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase FFXIII for their system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and add 4K resolutions and huge discounts or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Mr. Desu

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Steam (I'm an expert), but 4K and sales are huge parts of it. It's not like it is Origin where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Steam, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Steam users, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase FFXIII for their system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and add 4K resolutions and huge discounts or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Even though if you check the thread for the XIII release, there are already people excited to buy it...

Miguel81

Hehe

But seriously, wouldn't they have to re-render all the videos to 4K?

I feel like this is going to exceed even hype expectations. Hope GZ comes soon on the store. Again, great find lashman.

I wish we would finally get a release date for GZ on PC. It's such a tease from Konami and I don't understand why it's not ready yet. Surely the console sales must've dropped already.

aku:jiki

Damn, people are thirsty for Go Go Nippon cards. I just sold one copy of a card, like 20 minutes ago, for €0,19 and now I sold a second one for €0,25! It's not even a waifu, it's some buddha statue or whatever.

Nabs

I have linked to a seller who sell them for 1 key each, did you add him?

I don't think he expected such a response, but then again I'm pretty sure he posted on both outpost and reddit. I went with someone who offered it for 2 keys on steamtrades.

Price glitch warning!!

header_586x192.jpg

Celebrat10n TrackMania Complete Pack for ~$2.30 in the Thailand Store

This guy is selling for 1 key

Hurry and take advantage of this glitch!! It's now or never

I will spam this warning in every page until everyone has bought their pack or the glitched price is fixed

I'm at work and can't do it now, but if anyone can get me a copy I can paypal you when I'm home in 8 hours, it's ok if it's 2 keys instead of 1.

Uh oh, while trying to boast and give beers to people in the tavern in Fable Anniversary, I ended up marrying some old dude with a handlebar moustache... what do?

Milamber

While it is nice that my home country of the Philippines are getting amazing lowered steam pricing, I can't even avail of it normally due to working overseas and using overseas VISA cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom