• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ack, I thought that Humble SHMUP bundle was a weekly, not a flash. Was going to pick it up today. Will have to just wait for a sale on Crimzon Clover since that was what I was most interested from in the bundle.

Speaking of SHUMPs, I've been playing some Astebreed recently. It's a cool game and while I found all the different shot types hard to manage at first I'm seeing now how they all fit together in intelligent fashion. On the slight downside the perspective switching, large characters / enemies, and busy graphics often leaves me in the dark as to exactly what I can and cannot target, and occasional issues with what is going to hit me. So not a perfect game, but my favorite SHUMP on Steam that I've played in a while.

Khronico

It becomes a grind unfortunately as you have to repeast matches over and over again to unlock the higher difficulties and then it starts to become unfair. They should've used the structure of the old Shufflepuck Café instead of going the mobile gaming route.

Really? That IS unfortunate. TBH I didn't play a whole heck of a lot of it, but what I played was enjoyable.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid Steam, I can't make a trade offer to a guy who'll sell me the Trackmania pack for 2 TF keys due to being on my phone, and not being able to drag and drop the items there. The Steam website is blocked at work, so I can't do it on a PC. This is ridiculous, lol

I'm the only one who finds this ambiguous?
ZH82Ka1.jpg

Arthea

OTOH, you guys should be overjoyed this version of FF4 is not walk in the park, it can be brutal at times

For the love of all that is holy, if we get FFVI on Steam, let it not be the mobile version :(

It will be iOS version, if we'll get it all, that is, there is no other remake that I know of.

Miguel81

We probably wouldn't get in the west anyway so it doesn't matter.

SE would release it in China instead :(
Seriously, though, it would be great to have that game introduced to more people. It's a charming game, and one of my favorite JRPGs from last decade.

Edit: To those with the knowledge, does FFIV Steam have the intro like the DS version? Someone posted in the other thread saying that the ios/android version had that part omitted.

Dolor

I have a shrewd idea as to what this port could be.

Blizzard have a new WOW expansion coming soon, yes? What better way to help hype it than "World of Warcraft is now available on Linux"?

I would probably re-up my WoW subscription if it showed up on Steam one day
if it also had trading cards

There's some kind of hidden(?) sale on the DLC skin packs for Euro Truck Simulator 2 on the Steam store. The UK/Scottish/Irish Paint Job Packs are all $0.09 each.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
If Square-Enix makes a 3D version of FF5 it'll most likely appear on a different platform like the 3DS first and won't hit PC for a while.

yeah, I thought for some reason that there was a DS version of FF5, mixed something up...

I would bet money that the iOS/Android versions of 5 and 6 will be released on steam, I take them over no FF 5 + 6 at all

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Now the question is: do I start in on Final Fantasy IV or go back to playing Theatrhythm Curtain Call?

*goes back to playing Theatrhythm Curtain Call*

GaussTek

Very tempted to get FFIV right now, but I'll probably wait a bit, as I already own the Android version, which BTW I got for free when Amazon was giving away coins with GTA: San Andreas and all that stuff lol

Grief.exe

Also for anyone considering a 800/900 series card (or whatever they are calling them these days) that isn't on a 500 series or earlier is a bit crazy. Especially considering the full fat dies will be out a year after. Even more so at the prices, for some of the estimates I've seen a 870 would go for I bet with a bit of snooping about you could find a 6gb 780 for about a similar price. If history is anything go by might perform near on similarly too.

I'm kind of backed into a corner with my 560s. I could make them last until 16 nm is out, but I really don't want to.

Dr Dogg

Now the question is: do I start in on Final Fantasy IV or go back to playing Theatrhythm Curtain Call?

*goes back to playing Theatrhythm Curtain Call*

Hahaha I'm juggling my 3DS right now doing the prologue. I'm surprised they never brought the first over to PC as it would work perfectly with a mouse. I guess that mobile free to play, pay to actually get 99.99% content (and at astronomical prices) move was more to their favour.

I'm kind of backed into a corner with my 560s. I could make them last until 16 nm is out, but I really don't want to.

When I upgraded my 480's at the end of last year it wasn't because I was running out of power (most newer stuff was still easy to blitz through apart from the heavier games and ones without SLI profiles) but because I was running out of VRAM quite often on newer titles. The performance boost was nice but if 1920x1080 @ 60 fps was my goal then as things stand two 780's are overkill.

Tizoc

OK now THIS is a good FF game I can support by getting day 1 =)
4-5 keys from Russia huh? Gonna hit up Sub zero and get 5 now.

Momentary

Banned
Damn. Naruto is getting down voted to hell because of misrepresenting story mode. Can't say I feel sorry for Namco. They were VERY misleading with this game. This is literally a "expansion" pack for the last game.

The game is still fun, don't get me wrong, but I feel customers really got tricked with how they made them game seem like it had a fleshed out story line in its trailers.

Arthea

I bought FF4 too, SE, now you can finally release FF5 and FF6, I'll take iOS versions, ty, just release them!
also FFT, don't forget FFT as loyalty bonus

MUnited83

For you.
Damn. Naruto is getting down voted to hell because of misrepresenting story mode. Can't say I feel sorry for Namco. They were VERY misleading with this game. This is literally a "expansion" pack for the last game.

The game is still fun, don't get me wrong, but I feel customers really got tricked with how they made them game seem like it had a fleshed out story line in its trailers.

Did it? I always assumed the story mode was basically non-existent(only with a story sequences on a alternate mode). I was always under the impression that the main game wouldn't really have a story line at all, it's all about the tournament mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom