• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

Yeah, sorry, I misread your post. You're still incorrect, though: you'll notice that the FAQ you linked to specifies a store purchase, microtransaction or activation of a gift from another user. This excludes retail keys and free licences.

Retail keys (and fod-games before fix) do still give access to everything (afaik) but Steam Market. I have alt.account that I used CD-key to get those permissions, so it definately works.

MUnited83

For you.
What's the worst that could happen?

I get the feeling these have been made by someone who hasn't actually visited the British isles. It's pretty safe of me to say that within my near 20 years in Scotland, I've never seen a tartan painted truck in my life. They look seriously tacky.

....those paintjobs are not supposed to be realistic in any way :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Retail keys (and fod-games before fix) do still give access to everything (afaik) but Steam Market. I have alt.account that I used CD-key to get those permissions, so it definately works.

Ah, right. I'd still maintain that Valve's concern was card farming and not scamming, though, since access to the market requires a store purchase, those who partake in phishing attempts in all likelihood have a stockpile of bundle keys, and if Valve were so inclined it could have disallowed complimentary subs from counting towards Community access (assuming for the moment that FoD games did count). On the other hand, you could also argue that Valve hit two birds with one stone. ;)

derExperte

While Road Not Taken starts very promising the 'normal' difficulty they patched in is absolutely needed, it's almost a Gods Will Be Watching situation for me. Unfortunately it'll take weeks/months before that patch will reach my PS4 version due to certification so I'll probably just forget about it for now.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Euro Truck Simulator 2 UK/Irish/Scottish Paint jobs are 91% off for the referendum.

Thanks! I'll be buying that for sure. I'll post it into the OT for Euro Truck too so everyone subscribed there will know.

MUnited83

For you.
Still look quite shitty in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat really. Right now I'm just imaging what would happen if you actually drove through here with one of those paintjobs right now all things considered.

I'd rather see what would happen if someone drove this :p
ss_beaca7b7cdb422780578a564b63529f991c4dfae.1920x1080.jpg

While we're talking about typecast voice actors, Laura Bailey's bubbly/little girl voice drives me nuts. She gets hired to use it way too often. It's like Nolan North being hired to be Nathan Drake constantly like he was for a while there.

JaseC

While we're talking about typecast voice actors, Laura Bailey's bubbly/little girl voice drives me nuts. She gets hired to use it way too often. It's like Nolan North being hired to be Nathan Drake constantly like he was for a while there.

I hope Naughty Dog finally implements "Nolan North mode" in Uncharted 4, the idea being that, when selected, Nolan voices every single character as Drake.

Tellaerin

I don't really care either way on JYB, but I've loved hearing Yuri ever since Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time came out.

They have a tendency to be typecast in a lot of the same roles, which can be annoying. But generally I do like them both, with no irony.

I think what I like most about both of them is that they sound like they've actually taken acting classes. They know how to emote, their inflection feels natural, and probably most importantly to me, they don't sound like they're doing voices. (As opposed to a lot of American RPG/anime dub VAs, who sound like they graduated from the Saturday morning cartoon school of voicework. >_< )

She's still the best Boss/President, though, and she was a great Kaine and a good Rayne.

She apparently voiced Faye Lee in Binary Domain, much to my surprise.

She's still the best Boss/President, though, and she was a great Kaine and a good Rayne.
Oh jeez, I never picked a female boss so I never knew she was in as a voice.

I really don't dislike her overall, I just feel like I hear her hyperactive, higher-pitched voice way too often compared to the rest of her range.

Terra_Ex

Her Lust/Kaine voice is the best but eh, it's Bailey so it's all good to my ears.

Yep, I just wish that she'd also been a female voice for the best Saints Row game as well.

Turfster

Oh jeez, I never picked a female boss so I never knew she was in as a voice.

I really don't dislike her overall, I just feel like I hear her hyperactive, higher-pitched voice way too often compared to the rest of her range.

I... don't think I've ever heard that one.
Guess I don't play enough JRPGs? ;)

JaseC

So are all those casualizing features of Quake Live optional?

The "casual" mode is the new default, but classic Q3 can still be played on official duel servers and any subscriber-hosted servers that use the classic ruleset, so it's not all bad.

Volimar

Alright FFIV is out!

*goes to store page*

*sees images*

WTF?!?!

That's not Cecil and the gang!

This is Cecil and the gang!

1ZioS0U.jpg

Get off my lawn you anime heads!

Tellaerin

Her Lust/Kaine voice is the best but eh, it's Bailey so it's all good to my ears.

Yep, I just wish that she'd also been a female voice for the best Saints Row game as well.

Since we're talking about SR2 (you did say "best"), Katie Semine is still the "real" femBoss, IMO. I was really bummed when I had to pick another VA for my character going into SR3, since none of them really "fit". It's like if Bioware had gone from Jennifer Hale to Laura Bailey for Femshep between ME1 and 2.

So what games are we expecting of them to port to Lynux?

So far, their confirmed ports they're working on are Civ: Beyond Earth, Borderlands 2 and Borderlands TPS. The one they're hinting at is one they're describing as "left field". It all stemmed from this Reddit thread. So we haven't really got a clue, but expectations are above "Bioshock Infinite" right now for me.

Nabs

Connecting to Quake Live...

Failed to connect to server.

I guess they haven't flipped all of the switches yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom