• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
So far, their confirmed ports they're working on are Civ: Beyond Earth, Borderlands 2 and Borderlands TPS. The one they're hinting at is one they're describing as "left field". It all stemmed from this Reddit thread. So we haven't really got a clue, but expectations are above "Bioshock Infinite" right now for me.

My bet is on Civilization Beyond Earth or Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. Good luck Lynux people.

I'm surprise some people still uses Lynux.

kiyomi

Hey, I played it. Found some plastic bags and twine in an abandoned house, then got wrecked by a psycho with a bat when I tried to back up and tripped over my own feet. Just another day in the post-apocalyptic world. I may revisit it at some point.

Love the avatar, btw. Who is she?

It's a really, really good game the more you get into it, and you start learning little tips and tricks. The one guy developing it has added and tweaked a bunch of stuff lately and it's made the game way more enjoyable, combat is actually a valid option instead of just running away all the time. Really, the more time you spend with it, the more it grows on you. I love it.

Thanks! Her name is Suzy Bae. <3

Grief.exe

My bet is on Civilization Beyond Earth or Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. Good luck Lynux people.

I'm surprise some people still uses Lynux.

Those aren't really surprising though, that would be almost expected at this point considering their pedigree. Even GTAV wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

I'm thinking something mind blowing would refer to Red Dead Redemption, FFXIII, or Metal Gear Collection. Something along these lines.

Those aren't really surprising though, that would be almost expected at this point considering their pedigree. Even GTAV wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

I'm thinking something mind blowing would refer to Red Dead Redemption, FFXIII, or Metal Gear Collection. Something along these lines.

Not to mention they're already confirmed and are definitely happening, this one we don't know about is in addition to them.

Grief.exe

I've pointed it out before, but someone has been pounding away on a DMC beta patch titled 'Ultron' for months now.

I doubt they are adding DLC at this point, but a Mac or Linux port is a possibility. I would lean towards the former though.

Alright FFIV is out!

*goes to store page*

*sees images*

WTF?!?!

That's not Cecil and the gang!

This is Cecil and the gang!

1ZioS0U.jpg

Get off my lawn you anime heads!

You can't play it on Win 3.0 anyway, gramps

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's the DS port right? I think the PSP one also had remade graphics, but just slightly, in 2D.

I think it's the Steam port of the iOS port of the DS version of the NES game, but not sure about that.

Does anybody expect anything to come out of that "24 hour PC gaming" thing Nvidia keeps spamming me about?

Shadownet

Banned

I would love for more people to try Red Dead Redemption. I didn't like it at first but 6 months later it grew on me.

But those are confirmed...

My bad X( I'm sorry

Freezard

Take this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freezard, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Monaco -- MB-336CA3AC0C03BE9A - Taken by nja

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I played two matches of Quake Live and got the "Most accurat" award at the end of one and now I feel like the best Quake player ever.

Tesseract

Banned
here's some ultra sfiv patch news:

wbacon [capcom]: hey there, I'm done with meetings today, finally
darksamus: hehehe
wbacon [capcom]: par for the course
darksamus: indeed
darksamus: so anyway, gotta ask.
wbacon [capcom]: sure
darksamus: Any progress on a new patch for usf4?
wbacon [capcom]: oh sure.
wbacon [capcom]: I've been pinging them regularly to see if they're able to share anything with the community
wbacon [capcom]: I know they're working on another patch specifically for the PC. perhaps another beta, but they also have a separate roll-up patch/title update that encompasses all SKUs
darksamus: seems fair
darksamus: so there are 2 patches in the works or is it likely they are going to be rolled into one patch for PC?
wbacon [capcom]: I know it's frustrating for the community, but I think the fighting team wants to have substantial enough information to get the PC community back on track.
wbacon [capcom]: my hands are somewhat tied until they can give me the greenlight
darksamus: fair call.
darksamus: I honestly think you should post just to say "Whhels are in motion" though
darksamus: *wheels
wbacon [capcom]: I think that's what they're trying to determine. whether to combine the off-cycle patch with the all-encompassing patch
wbacon [capcom]: anyways yeah, wheels are definitely in motion
wbacon [capcom]: At this stage the fighting team wants to come up with a newsworthy message instead of an ambigous we're working on it without a specific ETA
darksamus: I see
wbacon [capcom]: They have much respect for the dedicated fighting community, and they know a half-&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829; answer will not cut it and will only aggravate them more.
wbacon [capcom]: but I think they're pretty close to share some news
wbacon [capcom]: that's where I come in. as soon as I have the info and their blessing to share, I'll be all over the forums
darksamus: ok
darksamus: I'll tell people what you have told me and I'll help to get people to know you're hands are tied for the most part
darksamus: it all comes down to the fighting team at this point
wbacon [capcom]: Yep, FG team pretty much. I can't go rogue and start blabbering at this point since it has much to do with the overall direction where USF4 will be heading. As I said before, there's still much to evolve. Which means more updates to USF4 across all SKUs.
darksamus: fair enough
wbacon [capcom]: They also need to get that first major Title Update out and level the playing field across all SKUs too. I'm sure they're getting lots of feedback on bugs, balancing issues, and feature requests across all platforms. So they need to prioritize and see which ones are feasible and then determine when to implement and then roll them out
darksamus: well I hope it's a fun job for them
wbacon [capcom]: well they do live and breath street fighter :)
darksamus: indeed
wbacon [capcom]: they also enjoy running Capcom Pro Tour
wbacon [capcom]: they aspire to make it the next LoL
darksamus: ;)

KiDdYoNe

So, uh, i started Fable Anniversary and since i'm a just a guy who plays console games mostly, i need to ask a few things. I have a bad rig, it's a laptop with shitty card. Can i disable shadows or do any other things that will make FPS go up? Because it can't be done in options. Thanks guys.

GMG doesn't have FFIV, please stop being terrible <3

Just got done driving 4 hours for a 30 minute meeting and then four hours back. I want to die but instead I will just watch people play Hatoful Boyfriend.

So, uh, i started Fable Anniversary and since i'm a just a guy who plays console games mostly, i need to ask a few things. I have a bad rig, it's a laptop with shitty card. Can i disable shadows or do any other things that will make FPS go up? Because it can't be done in options. Thanks guys.

You can disable some stuff in the ini file, under documents/my games/Unreal Engine 3/WellingtonGame/WellingtonSystemSettings.ini

Change the shadow settings from True to False and save, should work.

Andrefpvs

Alright FFIV is out!

*goes to store page*

*sees images*

WTF?!?!

That's not Cecil and the gang!

This is Cecil and the gang!

1ZioS0U.jpg

Get off my lawn you anime heads!

I played the DS version of FF4 (the one the Steam version is based on) after having already played the original version, and I quite liked it. The graphics and voice acting make the game feel like a PS1 RPG. Very charming.

Deitus

Isn't it more of a softcore Supreme Commander 2 which is a softcore Supreme Commander which is a softcore Total Annihilation ?

I haven't followed Planetary Annihilation, but is it really toned down from even Sup Com 2? That game was such a disappointment compared to the first game (I never played Total Annihilation).

Terra_Ex

Since we're talking about SR2 (you did say "best"),
Of course :)
Katie Semine is still the "real" femBoss, IMO. I was really bummed when I had to pick another VA for my character going into SR3, since none of them really "fit". It's like if Bioware had gone from Jennifer Hale to Laura Bailey for Femshep between ME1 and 2.
Sure, she did do a great job and is definitely the original femBoss, her performance was very fitting with the overall tone of the game.

GMG doesn't have FFIV, please stop being terrible <3
Yeah, I'm starting to notice the more playfire credit I accumulate, the less opportunities there are for me spend it on stuff I actually want.

In terms of Steam, Dragonfall:DC releases tomorrow and I know I won't be able to resist trying to rush through it and get to the new content, not sure how far I'll get in that endeavour with Wasteland 2 coming out the day after, hopefully there won't be any more huge patches to download for that either... And then its just the long wait for Pillars.

Annubis

And then its just the long wait for Pillars.

I only took 2 weeks off this summer so that I can take a week off whenever this bad boy comes out.
That's how hyped I am.

I haven't followed Planetary Annihilation, but is it really toned down from even Sup Com 2? That game was such a disappointment compared to the first game (I never played Total Annihilation).

Can't confirm myself, this is what I heard from a friend of mine who played all of them.

Lomax

Planetary Annihilation sounds hardcore

I have to admit, Planetary Annihilation was one of those Kickstarters I really thought had no hope, they seemed to be promising the world for what little funding they got, so good for them for getting a game out that sounds to be what they were pitching. I'd be really curious to know what they actual total amount they spent on it was, since they left their beta price pretty high I can't imagine they made a ton of sales during early access.

I have to admit, Planetary Annihilation was one of those Kickstarters I really thought had no hope, they seemed to be promising the world for what little funding they got, so good for them for getting a game out that sounds to be what they were pitching. I'd be really curious to know what they actual total amount they spent on it was, since they left their beta price pretty high I can't imagine they made a ton of sales during early access.

I think that high price was actually to discourage people from buying. The thinking is, perhaps, that casual users who jump in at $15-20 will look at it, see that it's pretty jank and run the other way. Making it expensive makes sure that people who buy it are really into it.

I got it about a week before it released for my birthday and I like it a lot. They improved the performance a ton and I'm slowly getting better at not dying.

Protip: you can assign factories a list of things to build while you are building them so you don't have to wait until they are built to assign them orders.

Tellaerin

Still think this is a bad idea. It will only pissed their customers.

"Fuck, this is a good bundle, I should have preordered" or "Fuck, I preordered but I have all the games."

There's still music (which tends to be good) and other things (like ebooks for the Steampunk bundles), so even if you somehow have all the games, you still end up with something worth $1, IMO.

So I had Quake Live installed and I just found out that it's now on Steam? Is there any difference between these versions other than now it's on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom