• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can you even trade coupons in the traditional modbot way of emailing it to yourself, or automate it in any way?

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut got cards.

agreed. someone could easily give away nothing but 25 coupons and then they are eligible for megagiver giveaways?

shady

Well if someone wants to do a megagiver giveaway they can always block the person who gave away nothing but coupons, if they were so inclined, but keep them on the list for regular giveaways.

Turfster

What?
Oh, thanks for the reminder.
*downloads 7 gigs*

not only that but let's make our next game xbone exclusive!

it's like remedy hates me or something

We'll get it in a few years.

What are the chances of this having Sir, You Are Being Hunted?

The email had this:

The last time I got my hopes up about a bundle, it turned out to contain a game about farting orcs, so... Don't get your hopes up. The full bundle will be 5$ or something anyway, which is still a very fair price for Sir, you are being hunted.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really really dislike not being able to skip cutscenes in remember me specially when i'm replaying something and can't even let it run in the background while alt tab cos it auto-pauses

Dr Dogg

Huh I guess ZeniMax are on kind of a roll with the music choices for their promo trailers. Wolf TNO had some great music and now I've just seen a The Evil Within promo teaser with Clair de Lune as a backing track. Not buying into the hype but will keep an eye on it to see how it turns out.

KarmaCow

I was looking for the place where I bought digital copies of a bunch of D&D games and realised it was from Gamersgate. What happened to that site? I haven't heard much about them in terms of sales or anything really n a long time.

Lomax

https://groupees.com/tuesday7

What are the chances of this having Sir, You Are Being Hunted?

The email had this:

Maybe I should get it/the other one. Surely at least the music would be worth $1?

Seems really unlikely, and even if it does, it will be a build-a-bundle, so you'll be able to get a copy for $1 still even if you don't pre-order. The steampunk bundles have previously had a lot of good non-game stuff like music and comics, so it seems a pretty safe bet.

The game itself just showed up in my game list and is downloading now, don't know yet if it's just a preload or actually will be playable. Almost 7 GB installed, considerably bigger than the previous version, though the initial download is only 2 GB.

Ozium

gonna ask again since no one answered before but in regards to TROPICO 3

is there any reason to play vanilla or is it better to just go straight to absolute power? I know in absolute power you can play the original campaign, or the AP campaign.. and that the new buildings, etc. are in the original... but does it matter? Does it make more sense to play vanilla tropico 3 and then play the absolute power campaign via the AP app? or just combine the two?

Lomax

Dragonfall runs, just started it up. This is not helping me write the paper I have to finish tonight. Taking up 6.18 GB installed on my HD.

Teeth

Saying you like the daytime Alan Wake parts is like saying you would love Assassin's Creed tailing missions without fail states.

What?
Oh, thanks for the reminder.
*downloads 7 gigs*

It's a 2 gigabyte download for me.

Is Dragonfall Standalone a preload or something? It says it will unlock tomorrow, but I'm already able to download it.

NinjaEdit: Goodness, this is the worst I've ever been beaten. I should go to the hospital some time...

A general question about FF13: What is the name of the chap with a chocobo in his afro? And is he in the other FF13 games?

I am going to guess that he'll be my favourite character, if only for his peerless sense of style.

(Edit: Thanks!)

Its relative, man...it's tomorrow in Japan already

That's deep. I never considered it, and now I feel silly.

Teeth

Isn't that exactly what they are doing in the new AC game though?

I have no idea.

Also, to be clear, I'm not saying that tailing missions with fail states are good. But just following someone while they barf words and pressing X at the end is the lowest form of "gameplay".

Nabs

Anyone test out Quake Live? I might be doing something wrong, but it feels like there are no instagib servers. On top of that, the ones that are up seem to be community run, meaning stupid rules.

Also, the fov feels so weird. I don't remember the game ever feeling so off.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I beat The Journey Down: Chapter One. I guess the point and click genre isn't for me, because I just felt bored as hell playing it. I'm really impatient with voice acting in my games, especially when I'm not enjoying it, so subtitles were a blessing. The fact that none of the characters had eyeballs bothered me. Everyone's just too creepy looking.

Oh well, after I idle the game for one last card, I'll probably never play it again, unless they throw in cheevos for some reason. Wouldn't make sense, but eh.

My hype meter just maxed out and broke when I saw this store page:

It's a game where you live the life of a Dragon, and it is appropriately named DRAGON THE GAME. It will release this month, though unfortunately it is in Early Access right now.

PLEASE BE GOOD. *crosses fingers*
About the Game said:
Experience dragons in their proper role as the monstrous, complex, and epic protagonists that they are.

In an open world, action role-playing game you will bring your dragon's story to life. As you eat, age and hunt your dragon will develop allowing you to improve and customize its wings, tail, claws, and breath weapon.

Become a terrifying or benevolent dragon powerful enough to threaten city states and reshape kingdoms. Inevitably you will face other dragons, giants, trolls, orcs, liches, and other beasts as you leave your mark on the history of the world.

Become The Dragon!

If it ever reaches completion it will be, like, the perfect game.

iosefe

Exactly. I have to say he felt the most "human" in the story, also because of his backstory. All the other characters felt more like walking (bad) tropes.
"I'm gonna be the hero,but fail at first and for a long while,"
"I'm hiding a deep secret that will hurt the group in the future",
"I'm a little kid who lost his mom". Outback badass,
and moody protagonist.

Did miss something?

*edit* holy shit dragons

AsfaeksBR

I know FF XIII is rumoured to be available on Steam soon.
But are you guys waiting for it to be announced today/tomorrow, or released on Steam today/tomorrow?
By the euphoria I'm seeing here, ir seems like it's already on Steam Servers and just waiting to be available for download at 10am tomorrow

iosefe

But are you guys waiting for it to be announced today/tomorrow, or released on Steam today/tomorrow?
By the euphoria I'm seeing here, ir seems like it's already on Steam Servers and just waiting to be available for download at 10am tomorrow
It's a mixture of hope and disdain fueling it, really

Turfster

It's a game where you live the life of a Dragon, and it is appropriately named DRAGON THE GAME. It will release this month, though unfortunately it is in Early Access right now.
Well... Shit.
*scraps one of his prototypes*

Although this looks way too alpha to give any money for.
If they ask more than 5$, run away screaming =p

Corpekata

Banned

I think people are expecting the announcement simply because TGS is this week, and the fact FFIV was discovered and on Steam within a day.

I wish it would be available for download in the next few days but I am sure they will release the trilogy on XBone, PS4 and PC this winter.

Deitus

I have no idea.

Also, to be clear, I'm not saying that tailing missions with fail states are good. But just following someone while they barf words and pressing X at the end is the lowest form of "gameplay".

Ah, yeah that's different then. Supposedly they are changing the structure of some of the missions in the new AC to update your objective when you fail the current one, rather than simply revert to checkpoint. So if the guy you are tailing spots you, maybe you have to chase him down instead, and now you might have to kill him to avoid him alerting someone that he spotted you. I haven't been following the game that closely though.

It was just an interesting choice of example, considering. But yeah, simply removing fail states completely, without completely designing a game around the lack of a fail state would not make for good game design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom