• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxDOL

The Thai baht price is really cheap for most well know games.Although I do not know the price from other Southeast Asian regions.
1410955956-st02-o.jpg

but the catch is this...
1410957149-CapturePNG-o.png

So do I have to buy the Shadowrun Dragonfall DLC to get the Director's Cut? I don't see an option to by the DC directly, and secondly if so, is the DLC non region locked?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i'm sure you could always use the +1

Touche.

So do I have to buy the Shadowrun Dragonfall DLC to get the Director's Cut? I don't see an option to by the DC directly, and secondly if so, is the DLC non region locked?

Yeah, the situation is similar to DE:HR's The Missing Link in that you buy the DLC but it comes as its own game, although unlike TML you also receive the DLC app, so you can play either the standalone version or the actual DLC version. The sub is region-free.

Tizoc

I figure since we're getting Vita, PSP and NDS games, someday the Metal Gear Company might remember they made this and drunkenly port it to PC/Steam
1265485742-00.jpg

More like Jawmuncher may cry... Because his waifu is dead and so is the game series she's from.

You just mad they made you use titty Laharl avatar again. No need to be a jerk mang.

Touche.

Yeah, the situation is similar to DE:HR's The Missing Link in that you buy the DLC but it comes as its own game, although unlike TML you also receive the DLC app, so you can play either the standalone version or the actual DLC version. The sub is region-free.

Awesome, thanks!

Ozium

is there a general games forrum on steam that I could ask a question about steam to get it answered? I feel it's a question JaseC won't know ...

what games have daily challenges/ daily instances, whatever? i'm compiling a category and only got 4 so far--spelunky, olliolli, race teh sun and lyne

Seik

Banned
I'm really tempted to go in Metal Gear Rising once again, I did it on PS3 when it came out, but this time I want to do it on PC, so I have two questions.

First things first, is it decently optimized? I have a 2500K@4.5Ghz with a R9 270...I'm wondering if I'll be able to run it at 60 fps all the way.

Secondly, can someone post a nice pic of it to close the deal if the first question sounds positive as well? I want to see the beauty of it before pulling the trigger. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is there a general games forrum on steam that I could ask a question about steam to get it answered? I feel it's a question JaseC won't know ...

what games have daily challenges/ daily instances, whatever? i'm compiling a category and only got 4 so far--spelunky, olliolli, race teh sun and lyne

When Steam Community game hubs launched, SPUF was supposed to go into archive mode, but Valve later decided to keep it open. There's a general Steam sub-forum here. Note that, like Steam Support, a SPUF account is separate to your Steam account, so you'll have to register if you haven't done so already.

Miker

I'm really tempted to go in Metal Gear Rising once again, I did it on PS3 when it came out, but this time I want to do it on PC, so I have two questions.

First things first, is it decently optimized? I have a 2500K@4.5Ghz with a R9 270...I'm wondering if I'll be able to run it at 60 fps all the way.

Secondly, can someone post a nice pic of it to close the deal if the first question sounds positive as well? I want to see the beauty of it before pulling the trigger. :p

It's pretty well optimized. You should be able to run it at 1080p (highest it goes) at 60 fps w/ 4xAA without any issue.

Here's my shitty compressed pic of Sam in a VR mission - I wasn't really into taking screenshots when I played through it:

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Well I looked through my minus and found a shot I took. o:

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Thanks! :D

How is the game running though? I need to know if I'll be ok with my rig for 1080p/60fps goodness.

Yeah with your specs it should run just fine! I initially played with an i3 and a 460 to ballpark it on your own. I currently have a i5 and a 760 4GB and it runs okay on that too obviously.

Seik

Banned
Yeah with your specs it should run just fine! I initially played with an i3 and a 460 to ballpark it on your own. I currently have a i5 and a 760 4GB and it runs okay on that too obviously.

It's pretty well optimized. You should be able to run it at 1080p (highest it goes) at 60 fps w/ 4xAA without any issue.

Here's my shitty compressed pic of Sam in a VR mission - I wasn't really into taking screenshots when I played through it:

Oh well, that sounds great! :D

Thanks a lot for your answers, I'll check out if I can get a deal in the Buy/Sell thread now.

-MD-

Did Capcom already show off all their TGS stuff? Anything about Resident Evil Remastered?

Edit: Guess it's on the 20th.

DocSeuss

Reminds me of Bulletstorm. I really like the art style.

Bit slower than Bulletstorm it seems. Focus on air control. Art style's a bit what I was hoping my game would look like.

I wish valve did megdumps on greenlight games still, this slow trickle is torture

this game looks good is it another fancy skulls?

Fancy Skulls is more "kill everyone in the room," this is "kill everyone with style."

Mono

Path of Exile, too!

Anustart

Hatoful Boyfriend booster pack dropped. Only 5 on the market. I stand to make 2$ and some change, unless the drop war starts and it sinks like a stone :/

I'm not usually one to care about bad writing, but the dialogue in the opening of Alan Wake is so staggeringly terrible.

I have both Alan Wake and American Nightmare...but I'm not sure if I should bother.

I pushed through 4 chapters of the game and it was torture. I didn't particularly find the story interesting but the gameplay was horrible. I felt it was overly repetitive and you kept fighting the same enemy and the weapons were basically the same and you just kept doing the same things and and and... Sorry I'm repeating myself a bit

Yakkue

Remember Me feels like AssCreed and Arkham Asylum put together, and set in a cyberpunk world. The visuals is amazing, from the rich districts to the slum, the art team did a wonderful job. But still not enough fake ads, some of those are repeated over and over again, breaks the immersion a little bit.

The combat is not as bad as some people made it out to be, but the developers could have done a better job. Nillin's hits are not as satisfying as landing punches and kicks in Arkham games, even Catwoman (who is not a hard hitter) packed a heavier punch. I blame the sound effect and the enemies' flinching animation, and enemies having too much HP didn't help. Sometimes when there was only one enemy left in the arena, I was mashing buttons against him while thinking "this is taking too much time", too many hits are required to take down one single opponent. Ass animation is top notched though, one of the best I've ever seen. Platforming is very linear, however the character feels more responsive than the ones in AC, which is nice. Oh and, memory mixing is cool.

Of the story, I can't comment on it yet, since I haven't finished the game.

Shadownet

Banned
Just finished the Legend of Korra Book 3. Holy crap that was amazing. I ran through all 3 Season in a week.

I don't think I've ever watch an animated show where I liked all the villains so much. They all had character and incredible backstory.
Except the one in the 3rd book since they didn't expand much on their backstory.

10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom