• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

I pushed through 4 chapters of the game and it was torture. I didn't particularly find the story interesting but the gameplay was horrible. I felt it was overly repetitive and you kept fighting the same enemy and the weapons were basically the same and you just kept doing the same things and and and... Sorry I'm repeating myself a bit

Sounds like you were playing the game wrong, focusing less on enemy manipulation (each fight is great for how it sets things up differently) and more on just pointing and shooting at dudes. If this is the case, it's not the game, it's you.

American Nightmare is better, though.

I want a space exploration game akin to Aquanaut's Holiday... just something super relaxing and, at times, super weird.
Was going to say Artdink could have ported their PS3 AH by now, but then I read that SCE published it (probably helped with funding), so that sucks.

Cities: Skylines is really looking good...

https://i.imgur.com/KcqrWCW.jpg
That's one of the best looking city-builders ever or I'm tree-and-a-half years old.

DONEadsfdgfhjkhl

Bit slower than Bulletstorm it seems. Focus on air control. Art style's a bit what I was hoping my game would look like.
I don't recall you saying what the game's going to look like. Regardless, even minute differences in style can have an overall effect on how people will perceive the project. This is quite clearly going for the TRON look.

Started playing skyrim for the first time in a while.
I have a few hours played on it these past two weeks, I enjoy it.

yz1FEAB.png

It has GDDR3 GT555m. It was middle class in 2011. It's really bad compared to current middle class mobile gpus.
The second you get out of Intel HD/APU territory you aren't really low end as far as laptops are concerned, but yeah that GPU isn't the best. Your CPU is probably pretty great to run MGR at 60fps with those settings though.

Honestly though, I ran MGR on my laptop's A10 APU on I think high settings + 720p + AA at 60fps with some zandatsu dips. And its CPUs suck complete nuts.

Why did you even buy AMD laptop?
Timing. It was before the mobile processor refresh of the time had happened, and overall the APUs were beating out intels in my pricerange. (intel HD 4000 was pretty shit)

Honestly the biggest sticking point with the thing is the 5400rpm hard drive. I need to get an SSD in there. This thing used to be way zippier than it is now, and a windows reinstall didn't help.

Timing. It was before the mobile processor refresh of the time had happened, and overall the APUs were beating out intels in my pricerange. (intel HD 4000 was pretty shit)

Honestly the biggest sticking point with the thing is the 5400rpm hard drive. I need to get an SSD in there. This thing used to be way zippier than it is now, and a windows reinstall didn't help.
If your laptop has an M-SATA slot, get an M-SATA SSD.

Sounds like you were playing the game wrong, focusing less on enemy manipulation (each fight is great for how it sets things up differently) and more on just pointing and shooting at dudes. If this is the case, it's not the game, it's you.

American Nightmare is better, though.

This is how I was at first, then when I went back to it realized the crowd control aspect and how it's really not about pointing and shooting the nearest dude or whatever.

milena87

I pushed through 4 chapters of the game and it was torture. I didn't particularly find the story interesting but the gameplay was horrible. I felt it was overly repetitive and you kept fighting the same enemy and the weapons were basically the same and you just kept doing the same things and and and... Sorry I'm repeating myself a bit

I think Alan Wake is one of the love it or hate it games. I personally loved it.

Regarding the gameplay, I think Remedy created enough different scenarios and environments to make it feel varied. There are some situations, especially later in the game, when you can really feel the tension.
I recommend playing it on Hard right away.

The story was interesting and I love that Alan is a terrible writer :D

Anyway, I just watched Torment Numenera's gameplay trailer. Seems well spent money :)

Arthea

Trails is amazing, guys, I feel that I haven't told it this week yet
seriously, it is

also I'm afraid for my future FF5-6 releases, seeing that FF4 isn't at the top of topsellers list. I understand that FF4 was released on everything including calculators, but I'm sure SE won't give a damn about such knowledge.

tmarg

From what I found, these games have daily challenges:
(note: I don't own most of those games, so I can't check if they actually have daily challenges..)

I can confirm that Rayman does, although they are a bit different than what Spelunky does. They are much shorter than a Spelunky run, and you are free to attempt them as many times as you want.

Also, there seems to be a dedicated group of people who cheat on all of them, so the global leaderboards are kind of useless.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
FF XV looks so amazing, really gives me Xenoblade vibes in a good way!

So I reached the 200 market transaction limit on Steam. What the fuck is that? Has anyone else filled out the info? I'm very weary about doing this on Steam but I have a lot of cards and shit I want to sell.

I guess everyone who's been master idling has had to do that at some point. I didn't think of it as a big deal

Deques

What's up with this Iron Fisticle game I just got some random coupon for? It looks pretty damn sweet to me. Might have to actually buy it without waiting for a bundle!

I got it too along with 4 other coupons. 2 for The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief and two for Memoria. All are 75% off

They were specifically looking for ones that weren't Spelunky, so adding Spelunky to the list would be quite counterproductive.

Ah, I didn't read the whole conversation. Sorry, was only skimming through the thread since yesterday

dhlt25

First time using ModBot, hope this works

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dhlt25, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gone Home -- MB-29FD0DE3C7F608C8 - Taken by 3chopl0x
Gunpoint -- MB-99A51862FFA385C9 - Taken by fuzzy123

Knurek

also I'm afraid for my future FF5-6 releases, seeing that FF4 isn't at the top of topsellers list. I understand that FF4 was released on everything including calculators, but I'm sure SE won't give a damn about such knowledge.

It's in the top 5 at the moment, selling better than Mordor.
No early bird discount and relatively high price have prolly hurt it a bit. Still should give Squeenix some easy money.
Also, honestly, you're better off playing the GBA remakes (with music improvement patches) in Retroarch, than waiting for the iOS FF5 & 6.

Arthea

It's in the top 5 at the moment, selling better than Mordor.
No early bird discount and relatively high price have prolly hurt it a bit. Still should give Squeenix some easy money.
Also, honestly, you're better off playing the GBA remakes (with music improvement patches) in Retroarch, than waiting for the iOS FF5 & 6.
nah, I can't play gba games at all anymore, I'm too blind for that, unless you mean emu, never tried that.
I still want FF5 on steam, wanted to replay it for some time, steam release would be so nice to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom