• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you were playing the game wrong, focusing less on enemy manipulation (each fight is great for how it sets things up differently) and more on just pointing and shooting at dudes. If this is the case, it's not the game, it's you.

American Nightmare is better, though.

It's certainly me, as it was me who wasn't enjoying the game while I'm sure others do. But the gameplay really didn't offer anything interesting for me to do either. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by focusing on enemy manipulation but I'd shine my torch till they pop then kill them, if it was a group I'd run around a bit till they were grouped and flare or flash grenade them. I enjoyed the first fight or two because of the satisfaction of popping the enemies with the torch but that wore off quickly and I felt that the fights never evolved. Honestly that's about par with most third person shooters, and I don't generally enjoy them.

The last third person shooter I played through was Binary Domain and I loved that despite the incredibly repetitive gameplay there, I think I was mainly kept interested because of the characters and I guess out of personal preference I didn't enjoy any of the characters in Alan Wake.

Did anyone complete all the PP trials in Dead Rising 3? That shit is pure busywork. I thought killing 100,000 zombies would be a big deal but you need to kill over 300,000 for the trials (in addition to a whole bunch of other things). Was looking into it for the Playfire rewards but nope, not gonna do all that.

Nope. Like you said, it's too much work. The story mode itself already felt like work (going from place to place) and I have no intention of completing more PP trials than I have :S.
I couldn't imagine playing it on nightmare(and I really liked DR1 and 2!).

Phinor

Est. release is September 2014. I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it and only release half of the game as they did with Broken Age

Definitely not coming on schedule. They just posted a new kickstarter update yesterday where they mention they are still heading towards alpha. So 1.0 release is likely to happen in... 3-12 months?

Arthea

What's exactly wrong with PA? I wasn't following closely as I planned to play it anyway down the line, when I had time required to invest into it.

edited: also I see a lot of Destiny mentions in GOTY thread, maybe that's why there are a lot of Destiny threads and not many for PA?

So is it a game yet?

it's a MAP, of course not (><)

Ban Puncher

Why can't I buy all the French developed indie games for $1.99 like it says on the front Steam page?

r0luV.gif

Arthea

Why can't I buy all the French developed indie games for $1.99 like it says on the front Steam page?

http://i.imgur.com/r0luV.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

ya, I was expecting a bit lower prices too

[SPOILER]also lol at that Xbox1 in TGS thread, it has no right to be so funny, I have work to do[/SPOILER]

[quote="KainXVIII, post: 130567829"]I only see some heavily scripted cutscenes with minimum interaction, what a waste.[/QUOTE]

judging by a game not having even release date still, there is not much to show, also dungeon parts seemed to be gameplay, though

Ozium

they pulled the same shit on Bastille day iirc..

Naissance has been on my wishlist forever but at 50% unsure.. seems like it's the deepest discount it's had though.. and has never been bundled (so will probably be bundled in a month lol)

Hoping for Oktoberfest sale next week

Volimar

I'm so bummed at that FF IV port. I was really looking forward to the old school experience.

Tempted to grab it on an emulator.

Maybe I'll just wishlist it and hope for a deep discount by the end of Winter sale.

kiyomi

Finished Mirror's Edge. That's a really unique and interesting game. The combat is kind of a wash and there were a couple of times where the platforming got irritating but when you actually got into a flow, it felt really good and unlike anything else.

Also, that game is hella beautiful considering it's 6 years old. It's unbelievable how good it looks in some areas.

Now I need to decide what to finish next, I have Divinity, Torchlight 2 and ACIV all on the backburner...

zkylon

zkylewd

"Your family is mysteriously missing again. But you can figure that out later. Right now you have more pressing issues to attend to, like the fact that your house is full of terrorists and some dude has been taken hostage. Rescue him by taking him to the garage where you can make a swift getaway on that old bike thats been sitting there for twenty years."

lol this is hilarious

i love it

Dascu

Now that's funny.

--------

So no FF13 confirmation still.
Wondering what's going on with that. Figured we have had some news in it. Since if it was a mess up we should have had them saying as much.

I don't think you "mess up" putting a Steam logo on your front page. Not quite the same as having a nondescript "PC" mention in a website's source code or listed in some release sheet. Those cases can be genuine mistakes, but this one seems legit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think you "mess up" putting a Steam logo on your front page. Not quite the same as having a nondescript "PC" mention in a website's source code or listed in some release sheet. Those cases can be genuine mistakes, but this one seems legit.

FFXIII also shows up (or at least it did) when searching the site for PC games, so it is/was flagged in Squeenix's database as a PC release. Something like that doesn't happen accidentally years after a game's original release.

Arthea

FFXIII also shows up (or at least it did) when searching the site for PC games, so it's flagged in Squeenix's database as a PC release. Something like that doesn't happen accidentally years after a game's original release.

They might be holding on release announcement before there is something to show, but that would be so not SE (><)

Ozium

FFXIII also shows up (or at least it did) when searching the site for PC games, so it is/was flagged in Squeenix's database as a PC release. Something like that doesn't happen accidentally years after a game's original release.

when are we getting NOLF and
please god please please
TimeSplitters Future Perfect?

JaseC

when are we getting NOLF and
please god please please
TimeSplitters Future Perfect?

Night Dive's NOLF trademarks will be published for opposition in little under a week and they'll be granted 30 days thereafter assuming nobody objects.

Finished Mirror's Edge. That's a really unique and interesting game. The combat is kind of a wash and there were a couple of times where the platforming got irritating but when you actually got into a flow, it felt really good and unlike anything else.

Also, that game is hella beautiful considering it's 6 years old. It's unbelievable how good it looks in some areas.

Now I need to decide what to finish next, I have Divinity, Torchlight 2 and ACIV all on the backburner...
Man I still need to get through mirror's edge. I was playing it before I went on vacation and ever since I got back I haven't touched it. Also lol I agree with you on the platforming, sometimes its pretty frustrating

Jawmuncher

Probably stealth release and a region lock to make sure no one knows about it or buy it.

They want a true reason to deny us FFXV.

------------------------

So exactly where are all the new games this TGS?
Everything has been stuff we already know about but with new information. Just seems really odd we haven't had one big new announcement.

JaseC

well hurry the fuck up wb :/

WB has nothing to do with the games. The subtitles went with Monolith to WB, but the trademarks were left to rot (similarly, the entire Blood IP was sold to Atari :(). Fox owns the games themselves and I would assume Night Dive submitted the trademark filings because the two have worked something out.

Arthea

I have been playing Civ 5 like Total War, the 4 remaining Civs have all denounced me.

I feel like I've been doing it wrong.

I wouldn't worry too much, being denounced is still better than ignored.
also denouncements are really easy to come by in Civ5, like in rl politics: you denounce everything

They want a true reason to deny us FFXV.

------------------------

So exactly where are all the new games this TGS?
Everything has been stuff we already know about but with new information. Just seems really odd we haven't had one big new announcement.
They need reasons? How about we aren't buying FF4 enough?

that we haven't seen for a long long time, not only this TGS

zkylon

zkylewd
WB has nothing to do with the games. The subtitles went with Monolith to WB, but the trademarks were left to rot (similarly, the entire Blood IP was sold to Atari :(). Fox owns the games themselves and I would assume Night Dive submitted the trademark filings because the two have worked something out.

this is making my head spin :/

Ozium

it totally could happen that wb or whoever has the license just takes it back and dumps it in a basement tho?

since the trademark was abandoned they need to wait 30 days for people who may have complaints before being granted it. so if you had named something similar you may object to their trademark if you feel it infringes on your own... any such disputes will then be tried in front of a judge unless night dive opts to drop it or come to an agreement..

if no one disputes it then it will be granted for them to use

JaseC

let's tone this down to a point i can understand it

% wise

how likely it is i'll ever play nolf

It's hard to say. If somebody objects to Night Dive's trademark filings, that will at best delay or at worst derail the little hype train. If the trademarks are granted, though, then I'd say 50/50: Night Dive has one half of the equation (the trademarks) and only needs the other (the games themselves), but again it would strike me as super weird if ND's plan is to get the trademarks and then talk shop with Fox.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's hard to say. If somebody objects to Night Dive's trademark filings, that will at best delay or at worst derail the little hype train. If the trademarks are granted, though, then I'd say 50/50: Night Dive has one half of the equation (the trademarks) and only needs the other (the games themselves), but again it would strike me as super weird if ND's plan is to get the trademarks and then talk shop with Fox.

you're useless lol

I shouldn't venture to Bayo threads, somebody hold me, I'm not buying WiiU, I am not, no, absolutely not
yeah i just like to pretend bayo 2 doesn't exist

and then cry myself to sleep

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I shouldn't venture to Bayo threads, it's not safe, somebody hold me, I'm not buying WiiU, I am not, no, absolutely not

It's worth it if you get a good deal, if only for the exclusives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom