• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I think I have all games in that upcoming sale, never knew I was so pirate crazy (><)

Nothing at the moment lol. It's sat around for months now. I'm thinking I'll either dump it on The Evil Within or GTA5 once we get a confirmation that's getting Steam keys.

oh, the same as rest of us.
There is still small hope for us, xmas sale better be good, I hope to get rid of credit then.

Pakoe

KVbGBHi.gif

Best wishes. :p

Oh god why did you post this :'(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ryse isn't well optimized? huh. Crytek has been good with that stuff post Crysis 1. With that and Dead Rising 3 being a mess, it makes you wonder if devs are having trouble with bringing xbone games to the PC.

then again, titanfall was fine and PVZ warfare also runs like a dream. So I wonder what gives.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i'm so gonna lie to my dentist and tell her it doesn't hurt at all when i drink cold water

no way i'm getting the tip of my teeth destroyed like that

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sounds like a conspiracy.

It'd hardly be the first time. The "...for the good of our community and in-game economy" reasoning coupled with microtransactions for the Steam version being immediately disabled is about as transparent as EA saying that distributing its games via Steam harmed its ability to "directly support players".

Turfster

Anyone spend time with Shadowrun Dragonfall Deluxe yet? Was near the end in the original version so it's sucks to restart but I'm excited about gore being added because I am a disturbed person :p

The gore is very... gory.

Speaking of gory, if you're going to post shit like the tooth thing, at least learn to imagequote, so it doesn't get quoted 50 bazillion times, filling the page.

Gamersgate sales.
  • Van Helsing II 50% off
  • Rise of Venice 78% off
  • Port Royale 3 Gold 85% off
  • Deadfall Adventures 75% off
Some other games are also part of the "pirate weekend" sale, but almost none of them are Steamworks, so be careful.

Thanks for that gif. Just what I needed. He prescribed me three pills to pop about an hour beforehand guaranteed to space me out for the whole day. At least they are paid sick days and don't eat into my vacation time.

Looking forward to a new catalog sale today. I'm eligible for over 300 booster packs now (Thank you based shackles) and finally got one yesterday. Gold rush!...

Dolor

it's doesn't sound very smart policy, if you ask me, I can see that easily backfiring, unless your game is so unique that there are no alternatives.

Unless you're WoW or LoL or WoT that has a unique breakout appeal, it almost certainly is a dumb strategy. That is why so many MMOs start off Steam and end up coming to it anyway (FFXIV, ESO, Rift, etc).

It is the identical phenomenon in reverse with the CK2 news of 1M units sold. Steam helps games by giving them a common ecosystem to perpetuate and cross-polinate each other. It's a very well understood phenomenon called the network effect where each additional point connected in a network (Steam user, game, etc) makes all the other points more valuable. Niche games like CK2 benefit the most from Steam for this reason.

I would guess EA is seeing the impact of that in Origin which is why they are now giving out so many free games to get more users in order to justify being away from Steam.

MetalSlug

Was at the dentist for three hours yesterday coming up with a plan of action. I have two root canals scheduled next week and another two in a few weeks. Who needs money anyways :(

I had to have root canal treatment for two of my teeth (Right next to each other) around March 2013. It wasn't that bad. I was just thankful to have the toothache gone.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks for that gif. Just what I needed. He prescribed me three pills to pop about an hour beforehand guaranteed to space me out for the whole day. At least they are paid sick days and don't eat into my vacation time.

Looking forward to a new catalog sale today. I'm eligible for over 300 booster packs now (Thank you based shackles) and finally got one yesterday. Gold rush!...

bQTjiDT.gif

I've had three root canals done, although 2 of those were about 15 years ago after I got in a really bad car accident and had to have those teeth more or less completely replaced. The latest one I had about 2 years ago and dental science has come a long, long way. You'll be fine. ;)

alright brehs, now that I have bought the new Theatrhythm I can live with Bayonetta 1+2 not being on PC

having a Wii U helps in this regard too

Now I must know.

apparently derailing a thread by being a prick about a famous developer's teeth is frowned upon. who would have thought. :(

Don't chew yourself up about it.

How do we know whether you're telling the tooth or not

these two post are giving me so much life

autoduelist

My forced avoidance of all things Wasteland 2 since the kickstarter is about to pay off dividends. Completely unspoiled other than having played/beaten/loved the original back when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom