• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
I cranked Mad Max up to 1440p downscaled to my 1080p monitor, turned on MSAA x8 and x8 supersampling and was still getting very fine aliasing. I leaned in to look at my monitor closer and realized that it wasn't aliasing, it was where the lines of things HAD to break because it was a new line of pixels. No amount of tweaking can get rid of it.

Sooooo, definitely going to be getting a 1440p monitor soon.

PARANO1A

3084530a8f.png

I got this but no friends in common. Hmmmmmm
That's me. Come on, son!

Edit: my tag would be "no friends in common" :(

Still at work but AH3 Love Max is coming to Steam? Cool. Maybe they will patch it to the Seven Stars version one day.

Hoping they improve the netcode since the netcode is no longer region locked but that sounds like a pipedream.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Collisions -- MB-449095E973456520 - Taken by KenOD
Incitement 3 -- MB-1E9BB01A467CE28D - Taken by Mikurden
Shoppy Mart -- MB-FE48F8F15C2A5E44 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Incitement 3 #2 -- MB-820AA705880AF19E - Taken by jshackles
Collisions #2 -- MB-57FA42B2373AD476 - Taken by Belgarion

MattyG

Banned
Warhammer 40,000: Regicide seem cool as shit, anyone here buying?

I would love an chess game
After watching the trailer and at only $12? Fuck yeah. I know nothing about Warhammer 40k, but I love me some chess and I kind of want to get into the Warhammer games/universe too now. The perfect combo.

Grief.exe

So what is the next big game for PC this year since Xcom 2 is out if the picture?
Is it fallout 4 in November? That's the next game that I can see dominating my friends list.

Below, No Man's Sky, and Firewatch, though only the latter will likely release this year.

Teggy

Finished up Saints Row 3 and jumped right into 4. 3 was such a fun game and a huge step up from 2. I didn't know that Saints Row started as a PS2 game and that's why the engine sucked so badly. They did great things with the new engine. And I love Laura Bailey's delivery, so happy that she is in 4 too. The fact that there is a separate "Nolan North" voice is hilarious.

I've run (or will run) through a whole bunch of series this year:
All Saints Row
All Dead Island (including Escape DI and the real DI2, Dying Light)
All Just Cause
All Witcher

Tizoc

Milamber's in his heaven.
All is right with the world
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1109150

holy crap arcana heart 3

I never got a chance to play the series before. Is it any good?

We're getting the latest console release in this case.
Arcade ver. in Japan is a newer update but that didn't get a console release yet.
Non the less this fighting game has lots of depth, and if you look past the character designs you'll likely enjoy it.

Momentary

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude. What an awesome damn surprise. Please don't let DotEmu touch this.

DAY FUCKIGN 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Shini says it's a full on ASW port. FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is happening with PC gaming right now ya'll? WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or "Down with playing video games"

Nah man, nah.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude. What an awesome damn surprise. Please don't let DotEmu touch this.

DAY FUCKIGN 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I mean GGXXAC+R was a full ASW port and they didn't even attempt to fix the netcode. Outside of the country and I can't play really...

I mean GGXXAC+R was a full ASW port and they didn't even attempt to fix the netcode. Outside of the country and I can't play really...

eehh to be fair that netcode is bad on consoles too , with that said i expect that the netcode of AH3 will be similar to the console version ( havent played it on console but some people say that its a little worse than Blazblue CSEx netcode)

Momentary

Banned
Nah man, nah.

eehh to be fair that netcode is bad on consoles too , with that said i expect that the netcode of AH3 will be similar to the console version ( havent played it on console but some people say that its a little worse than Blazblue CSEx netcode)

Net Code can only do so much when you don't have a large mass of players that are in decent proximity from one another. As bad as I want this game to succeed, I'm sure it's not going to be a 100k seller anytime soon. So I'm not expecting a thriving online community and that's not really their fault.

In terms of ports... I'm not looking at netcode since that really can't be helped. Luckily in California at the moment and I'm sure I'll find some decent matches online over here. But what I'm talking about is actual play-ability of the game. If you haven't played Battle Fantasia yet, then you aren't going to understand.

Well that's my point. Just being console ports doesn't help when realistically on PC it's probably even easier for people from different countries to try to play games with one another.

Net Code can only do so much when you don't have a large mass of players that are in decent proximity from one another. As bad as I want this game to succeed, I'm sure it's not going to be a 100k seller anytime soon.

In terms of ports... I'm not looking at netcode since that really can't be helped. Luckily in California at the moment and I'm sure I'll find some decent matches online over here. But what I'm talking about is actual play-ability of the game. If you haven't played Battle Fantasia yet, then you aren't going to understand.

I get that. If the game actually runs fine that's great but, I pretty much need working online considering where I am right now, in the middle of no where in Kentucky.

Momentary

Banned
Well that's my point. Just being console ports doesn't help when realistically on PC it's probably even easier for people from different countries to try to play games with one another.

I get that. If the game actually runs fine that's great but, I pretty much need working online considering where I am right now, in the middle of no where in Kentucky.

Well... pray that people in Kentucky want to by Arcana Heart on PC. I was able to play Rookie Jet on Yatagarasu from North Carolina and he's in Canada. We had a smooth match by using it's little frame delay thingy. Hopefully Arcana will be that good.

Well... pray that people in Kentucky want to by Arcana Heart on PC. I was able to play Rookie Jet on Yatagarasu from North Carolina and he's in Canada. We had a smooth match by using it's little frame delay thingy. Hopefully Arcana will be that good.
Yata is fine. Just need to fix connecting is the thing with lobbies. Once you are in you can fix it like you said withe the frame delay. I guess I will have to pray though but if enough people at least try to play online I should see a good chunk of people.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What sort of speeds are you expecting?

The plan I've opted for 100Mb/40Mb, which is a nice boost from my current ADSL connection of ~6Mb/~1Mb, but the launch of Netflix in Australia has resulted in a lot of congestion issues since people are now making good use of their connections more often than not, so real-world speeds will likely be noticeably slower during peak hours. NBN Co (the company rolling out the network) will be seeking industry input on how to reform bandwidth pricing, though, so things will get better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom