• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

is this some hunger games thing

JLsKmqi.gif

Nzyme32

Speaking of 1984.. My wife keep asking me "how in the world Snake (Diamond Dogs) has those advanced gadgets in 1984?" everytime we play MGS V.
How should I answer it?

There are thousands of wholes in MGS vs reality, but I'm sure they are aware of the videogame nature of it all

Snake can Fulton pretty much everything to the base, but can't Fulton himself without being attached to a different fulton-able item

Metal Gear Solid universe is massively technologically ahead with walking robotic tank things and insane weapons development - yet they can't build a silencer that lasts more than a few shots.

Etc

Etc

Momentary

Banned
Yata is fine. Just need to fix connecting is the thing with lobbies. Once you are in you can fix it like you said withe the frame delay. I guess I will have to pray though but if enough people at least try to play online I should see a good chunk of people.

I just played against rookie in Rising Thunder. He thousands of miles away from me now that I'm in Cali... EVERY fighting game needs this netcode. I can't belive how good it is. Minblowing. Hopefully SFV uses it.

Seriously, with GGPO3 out there to be utilized now, developers have got to be dumber than a brick basketball not to utilize this in their new fighting games. Seriously. Grade A stupid.

Tizoc

Press release regarding Umihara Kawase
Older UK games are coming too
http://gamasutra.com/view/pressrele...o_gaming_history_coming_to_PCOctober_2015.php
Spring 2015 saw the rebirth of a classic gaming franchise when Sayonara UmiharaKawase + launched on PS Vita. As a result of the overwhelming success of the PS Vita Version, Agatsuma Entertainment is please to confirm that Sayonara UmiharaKawase will be available to purchase on PC in October 2015. This will be the first time ever that PC gamers will be able to experience what makes this game and the UmiharaKawase franchise so unique and brilliant.

Easy to play, difficult to master, Sayonara UmiharaKawase is a totally unique ‘Rubbering Action’ physics based puzzle platform game with over 20 years of gaming history.

Developed by the creators of the original game (Kiyoshi Sakai and Toshinobu Kondo), this cult classic was a Japanese indie smash hit before the rest of the world knew what a cult classic was!

Completely optimised for PC, play as 'Umihara Kawase' - a 20 year old backpacking Japanese sushi chef armed with a fishing rod, a rubber fishing line and a fishing hook. Avoid fish-like enemies, conveyer belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel and more. The deeper in to this dream-like game players venture, the more challenging the solutions and the greater the time pressure becomes. Along the way, look out for shortcuts and secret exits and unlock bonus levels.

It is the elasticity of Umihara’s rubber fishing line that has always set this franchise apart from all other rope games, giving unprecedented levels of mobility and discovery. Tightening the line or giving lots of slack can be the difference between success and failure. The bungee like nature of the fishing line allows the player to stretch down to otherwise unreachable areas or be catapulted upwards.

Key Game Features:

· The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise

· Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on ‘The Mosquito’) and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game.

· Unique 1970’s Japanese visual style

· All the 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages, plus the new enemy placements as used in the PS Vita game but upgraded for PC

· Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed

· Global time ranking

· Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game

· 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities

· 60fps

New Steam features

· Completely optimised for PC

· Achievements

· Leaderboards

· Trading cards

· Steam controller support

· Steam Cloud

In addition to the launch of Sayonara UmiharaKawase, Agatsuma Entertainment can also confirm the launch later this year on PC of 2 other classic games in the franchise – UmiharaKawase and UmiharaKawase Shun.

UmiharaKawase was the first game in the franchise, originally released in 1994 for console - it was the game that created a cult classic franchise. UmiharaKawase Shun was the second game in the series, launching in 1997. It was this game that moved the series to a side on 3D world. Further details regarding the launch of these 2 classic games will be released soon.

Arthea

With all those new announcements I want Fate/Grand Order and Terra Battle on PC, don't judge me, I don't do mobile gaming (and Terra Battle isn't even available in EU, not sure about Fate), I would like to play those on PC.

AHA-Lambda

Finished Mad Max after 10 hours, was ok, there's nothing here that will blow you away, it's all fairly standard fare. Happy with it given the price I got it for.

Still don't like that like JC2 it requires side mission grinding to unlock further side missions, namely in my case requiring camps to be cleared out which I was under-leveled for, even though the campaign is a cakewalk in difficulty.
It's nothing too bad, I'm just the sort of person that only does the side content if I really like your game. So I really only done the minimum >_>

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Finished Mad Max after 10 hours,

It's nothing too bad, I'm just the sort of person that only does the side content if I really like your game.

Really?

I'm almost 9 hours in and just started clearing region number three and have maybe done 6 Story missions (just got the dog and and the Buggy from Chum Buckets old hideout)...

And isn't "side content" like the main content of an open world game more or less? I mean, why have an open world when you just go from mission to mission anyways...

That said I can see why some people are not too crazy about this game, but I personally have a lot of fun with it, but I really like just fucking around in open worlds :)

Finished Mad Max after 10 hours, was ok, there's nothing here that will blow you away, it's all fairly standard fare. Happy with it given the price I got it for.

Still don't like that like JC2 it requires side mission grinding to unlock further side missions, namely in my case requiring camps to be cleared out which I was under-leveled for, even though the campaign is a cakewalk in difficulty.
It's nothing too bad, I'm just the sort of person that only does the side content if I really like your game. So I really only done the minimum >_>

34 hours in and haven't gone through the Jaw yet. The game is stupidly easy though, I just love the world.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
When people start insisting that game is stupidly easy, it usually means opposite, as far as I noticed, still not sure what causes this.

It's really not that hard if you don't rush trough the game and take your time with enemy bases and so on and upgrade your car and Max regularly

Arthea

When people start insisting that game is stupidly easy, it usually means opposite, as far as I noticed, still not sure what causes this.

You start off quite fragile, the Magnum Opus especially but after a few upgrades Max enters his fury mode very quickly and then you can just power through all the enemy mechanics. Once you get the Thunderpoon car combat becomes almost trivial.

So what is the next big game for PC this year since Xcom 2 is out if the picture?
Is it fallout 4 in November? That's the next game that I can see dominating my friends list.
SOMA

Also The Flame in the Flood from former Irrational and Bungie devs is hitting Early Access this month

Knurek

What?
When are we getting Santorum the Game or Bachman the Game?
I mean, really, Korwin-Mikke getting his own Steam game?

At the plenary session of the European Parliament held after the assault at Charlie Hebdo, Korwin-Mikke expressed his dissatisfaction with the public reaction to those events by typing at his laptop 'I am not Charlie. I am for death penalty' and presenting it to the public instead of a sign 'Je suis Charlie' held by the other MEPs. The following day Korwin-Mikke gave a speech stating that 'our enemies are in mosques' and advocating the reinstitution of death penalty, rejection of the aquis communautaire, and the dissolution of the European Union.

I see that surfster is still play whack_dawg

That might be the worst AAA budget game I've played completely through in years and I went into it with my expectations in check.

To give you an idea, I enjoyed the order 1886 more.

I was actually mad at both the game and myself by the end of my near 20 hours with WD.

Stay strong, turfsurf.

Edit: just noticed you finished it. Now you can punch an inflatable clown repeatedly to get that off your chest.

Ruruja

PS3 games I bought in a very recent sale thinking they'd never come to PC:

Dragon's Dogma DA
Catherine
Resonance of Fate
Demon's Souls

Please look forward to them appearing on Steam shortly.

Arthea

And it's dead already

worked for me, at least I think so, still no key in my e-mail, tho, but that could take time.

PS3 games I bought in a very recent sale:

Dragon's Dogma DA
Catherine
Resonance of Fate
Demon's Souls

Please look forward to them appearing on Steam shortly.

Thank you for buying it, if it means we'll get it
I already bought it twice, will buy a third time if on steam

Just got €11 from pCars developers from when I 'kickstarted' the game, I only paid €10 back then too, so I got to play the beta for years and got a nice profit out of it, pretty nice.

I'm so damn jelly

Ruruja

Just got €11 from pCars developers from when I 'kickstarted' the game, I only paid €10 back then too, so I got to play the beta for years and got a nice profit out of it, pretty nice.

I'm so damn jelly

Well... I say profit, but the euro's kinda gone to shit since then so I think I made a small 'loss', but it's better than nothing! And there may be more payments in the future. :)

The Dota 2 Reborn update (transition to Source 2) is preloading now. They say it'll become the main client in the next couple of days. Personally I feel the client is still quite buggy and I can't quite understand why Valve is rushing the transition.

In other news I ended up ordering the Gwent card set from the Witcher site. $10 for the box and $10 for international shipping. Bit surprised it's coming from San Francisco. I would have expected it would be sent from Europe. I'm usually not one to collect physical trinkets and all but I couldn't pass up on this :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom