• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buraindo

Goddamn it. At least Ultra has a hype theme, and Third Strike Online has an awesome one too. Thankfully, Capcom also do this..

Oh that's splendid news. It took them a long time but I'm glad it's coming out on PC at last.
Always been intrigued by it, combat in particular looks fantastic.

Ruruja

Ha, just did an MGSV mission as one of my Combat Unit people and they had a ridiculously fast sprint speed compared to Snake, it was great fun just charging around with him.

cson2.png

AsfaeksBR

So, my notebook just broke and it was set as my primary PC on SteamGuard. Soon my new PC will arive, so I'd like to know if I'll be able to set the new one as my Primary without a problem, or will I have to contact Steam Support?

Hektor

Ha, just did an MGSV mission as one of my Combat Unit people and they had a ridiculously fast sprint speed compared to Snake, it was great fun just charging around with him.

cson2.png

Holy Shit. Now i know what to get when someones kid has birthday.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Now that Dark Arisen and Cave games are coming to STEAM

All I need are Disgaea and Vanquish to hit the platform.

I've given up on Xrd, BBCF, Virtua Fighter, and Tekken

I've given up becasue I KNOW they are on the way.

Dsyndrome

Why did no one tell me in CH there was an ancient to reduce the number of monsters required to advance to the next level? Game Changer # 702!

iosefe

Why did no one tell me in CH there was an ancient to reduce the number of monsters required to advance to the next level? Game Changer # 702!

it's a wonder

i'm sitting on 330 souls...not sure if want to keep for DPS or spend
*edit* i used 40. dropped about 30O dps

Dragon's Dogma for PC is as exciting as any new game announcement for me, I can not wait to finally play it. At this rate, I might not be done with MGSV by the time that comes out...

You are. Read his previous post. He has a list of developers/publishers he doesn't trust.
Thanks. Good to know. Between buggy ports (Metal Slug 3 and I'm sure others), games that apparently contain viruses (Double Dragon Trilogy, with many people experiencing it and multiple antivirus programs triggering it), and who knows what else, DotEmu is beyond lousy.

Momentary

Banned
What? DotEmu's ports are always lazy and shitty. Please tell me I'm misunderstanding you.

I was meaning to say throw it into my aforementioned list that I had in my previous post.

Damn... Time is ticking away and I look like I'm about to lose to tell you the truth. They are coming, but I don't think it will be this year anymore. Not after that Battle Fantasia release. They probably have a DotEmu version of Guilty Gear 2 lined up for us next.

Dsyndrome

it's a wonder

i'm sitting on 330 souls...not sure if want to keep for DPS or spend
*edit* i used 40. dropped about 30O dps

I've been holding off ascending by using the spoils from the raids, right now if I go, I'll get 2381 Hero Souls. Tempting as hell... but Terra's just around the corner...

I really liked the Burial at Sea DLC for Infinite, also more than the base game.

But your comment made me think that I'd actually really dig a story-heavy FPS like Bioshock but made in an episodic format. Two or three hours seems like just the right amount of content for me personally to stay interested, and judging by the reactions to the DLC in this series I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'd like this too. I think the idea of episodic games appeals more to older gamers who maybe have less time to devote to a single game at a time.

Bioshock is finished though right? Irrational is gone, 2K Australia is gone and I'm not sure what 2K Marin is up to. Has there ever been anyone else on the franchise?

Kept reading the thread.

Why.

Yes, really... why keep reading that?

Just went through that whole AMA and there are barely any real answers there. Just the devs praising themselves for making such a great game. And passing the buck on all the DLC/pricing bullshit they tried onto 2K.

Okay just read an answer where they believe Evolve was "a much, much larger endeavor than Left 4 Dead". The game that shipped with solo/co-operative campaigns, PVP and full mod support. Yep, just another example of a dev crashing to the ground without the safety net that Valve provides.

Dsyndrome

Ended up ascending, already back to 217. Love this game.
Edit: Now 315; never thought more Ancients was good at this point.

Salsa

Metal Gear Solid V just took me on a rollercoaster of Amazing Mission -> Worst nosedive in quality in a game i've seen in a long time with a horrible terribly frustrating mission that just makes you wonder who the hell tested it -> Amazing-er Mission -> nonsensical evil plot during exposure moment where big boss didnt talk and went through idling animations -> badly placed music -> metaru gear??

I dont know how I feel. but I got really pissed off there for a while

Ground Zeroes is like 6 missions yet they haven't gotten old since I'm trying to 100% and some trials are hard.

TPP will suck my life. Thank god, I needed something to remove the DOTA grip off of me.

rtcn63

Metal Gear Solid V just took me on a rollercoaster of Amazing Mission -> Worst nosedive in quality in a game i've seen in a long time with a horrible terribly frustrating mission that just makes you wonder who the hell tested it -> Amazing-er Mission -> nonsensical evil plot during exposure moment where big boss didnt talk and went through idling animations -> badly placed music -> metaru gear??

I dont know how I feel. but I got really pissed off there for a while

The lack of manual saves means I end up cheesing through a mission after failing a few tries. It's not worth the time to get materials and recruits just to have you lose them if you fuck up. I like that it's meant to make the game less of a cakewalk, but man, I'm just not good or patient enough.

Although I have noticed if you just wait awhile during a mission, it'll auto checkpoint with your items getting saved to motherbase.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Damn... Time is ticking away and I look like I'm about to lose to tell you the truth. They are coming, but I don't think it will be this year anymore. Not after that Battle Fantasia release. They probably have a DotEmu version of Guilty Gear 2 lined up for us next.

I forgot the avatar I had for you so I will whip up something new for you :3

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Bioshock is finished though right? Irrational is gone, 2K is gone and I'm not sure what 2K Marin is up to. Has there ever been anyone else on the franchise?

When Irrational closed, they made a point of doing some PR to make it sound like there'd be more Bioshock games. Nothings been announced and 2K Marin is...Well who knows. The Bureau was the kind of title that usually craters a studio, and their website hasn't updated since 2013.

Seems like even odds the next thing you hear will be a Bioshock announcement or the closing of 2K Marin.

Fuck, going offline doesn't fix my issue. I can't leave mother base at all. Every time I order a pick up the game fades to black as if a cutscene is going to happen but it just starts loading forever.

If I lose my +20 hour mgsv save I'm gonna be super bummed

The lack of manual saves means I end up cheesing through a mission after failing a few tries. It's not worth the time to get materials and recruits just to have you lose them if you fuck up. I like that it's meant to make the game less of a cakewalk, but man, I'm just not good or patient enough.

Although I have noticed if you just wait awhile during a mission, it'll auto checkpoint with your items getting saved to motherbase.
Clearing part of mission objectives/tasks and reaching different locations also forces a checkpoint. I like the system.

Fuck, going offline doesn't fix my issue. I can't leave mother base at all. Every time I order a pick up the game fades to black as if a cutscene is going to happen but it just starts loading forever.

If I lose my +20 hour mgsv save I'm gonna be super bummed
Select button -> Return to ACC

Try that.

Jawmuncher

When Irrational closed, they made a point of doing some PR to make it sound like there'd be more Bioshock games. Nothings been announced and 2K Marin is...Well who knows. The Bureau was the kind of title that usually craters a studio, and their website hasn't updated since 2013.

Seems like even odds the next thing you hear will be a Bioshock announcement or the closing of 2K Marin.

I don't see Bioshock going anywhere. Seems like a important franchise for the future. Infinite if I recall was more of an issue of having development and budget problems. Wasn't the franchises fault since it still sold well. So i'm betting on them working on a bioshock game. 2K is probably going to stack Bioshock and Borderlands 3 in the same year.

Stupid ass bug

Since I wasn't on the main command platform when trying to leave mother base it kept giving me an infinite load screen. Had to do the 1000m run back to the main platform so it could load the cutscene.

That's a bad bug.

Nzyme32

Clearing part of mission objectives/tasks and reaching different locations also forces a checkpoint. I like the system.

Select button -> Return to ACC

Try that.

Select button doesn't work in these situations since the menu will just wait for nothing to happen. You literally can't do anything but watch the thumb animations for the menu. I had a similar issue when the game forced me to purchase territorial waters for the first fob in a tutorial. Doing so just leaves you stuck in the menu in an endless waiting cycle. Apparently you should quit the game, go offline and then things should work, but I haven't tried that yet, got too annoyed

Jawmuncher

I had the idroid hang, but usually just closing the idroid and bringing it back up fixed it.
A few times I did wait it out though.

Select button doesn't work in these situations since the menu will just wait for nothing to happen. You literally can't do anything but watch the thumb animations for the menu. I had a similar issue when the game forced me to purchase territorial waters for the first fob in a tutorial. Doing so just leaves you stuck in the menu in an endless waiting cycle. Apparently you should quit the game, go offline and then things should work, but I haven't tried that yet, got too annoyed
I assumed it was the different endless loading bug, the kind where the screen is black and the loading logo is working fine, yet the screen never changes. I misunderstood it.

The idroid one is fairly common, and the method jawmuncher spoke of is the quickest way to resolve it. Of course, it takes its time to load if you're online.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
WARNING -- Long post! -- WARNING

Lame, but not surprised, seems to be par the course in the gaming industry.

Outside of you, I'm pretty sure almost nobody cares about Dino Crisis. :p
And Ace Attorney never did it for me... played the first game on DS because the internet told me I had to... and it was boring and frustrating and I just didn't like it.
The internet told you to because it's a fantastic game, especially if you like point and click games.
Also, I care about Dino Crisis! Can't wait for Capcpom to get its head out of its ass and do a DC3.

Congrats. :)

I can't believe it isn't for your super long quote posts.

Are you Ricky Martin?
Thanks!
Probably because I'm not doing them that frequently anymore :(
And no, I don't even like his music :lol

Daily Hammerwatch 75% off
Midweek
  • Killer is Dead 80% off
  • Devil May Cry Franchise up to 75% off
Humble summer sale updated, lots of new BYOB
This reminded me that I had several items in the cart in HB, also that I should finally check and enter all the remaining loose keys that I have before buying anything in case I already have it :p

you're promoting other threads now too?
I'm guessing his program doesn't discriminate.

The one with a Steam key.

Oh wait
Well played XD

featuring all your favorite popular Deep Silver franchises

EZ4sDeX.jpg
That's so hilariously bad, and I love SR3rd.

Squenix needs to fucking put the 6 OG Tomb Raider games up for 5€ for all of them.
That's what I paid for my old PC copies, and I'm not going to pay twice that just to have them on Steam.
They were pretty cheap two years ago, about 60 cents each but it was a price mistake. I doubt they'll go officially lower than a dollar.

playing old Tomb Raider with the same control scheme and all sounds as enjoyable as sticking needles in my eyeballs
lol
In a way I agree, especially if it's the first time you play one of them. If you did play them back then it's not *that* bad >_>

nwvyTaH.png

I guess you missed the sale.
Ah yes, this one, but it was price mistake rather than an intended sale. It lasted a couple of hours even!

No, the "holy shit" isn't that they're DRM free (that's a-OK and a positive thing), the holy shit is that they're clearly trying to dump Steam for uPlay but since those games aren't on uPlay they'd still rather dump Steam and just give people no service keys, just the DRM free stuff.

Edit:
Also Far Cry 1, Far Cry 2, and Beyond Good and Evil.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is Steam, but Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is uPlay only.
That is so hilariously sad, ubilolz indeed.

you know what? Tomb Raider just sucks

the remake is one of the worst games I played in years and when I think about the originals the truth is I didnt know any better

only good tomb raider things: Lara Croft and the guardian of light. Lara Croft GO. Putting the butler in the fridge in 2.

shitty characters shittier movies brought oversized boobs into videogames

tomb raider is a sickness
Bollocks, save for the shitfest that was AoD, all the old ones are better that Dude Raider clone.
GoL is god-tier though.

Well on that day during the 2013 Summer Sale when they put Tomb Raider on a daily deal, the prices on all the other stuff was glitched at 91% off for a couple minutes until they fixed it. Was a pretty sweet price mistake actually, since these games had just hit Steam not long before it happened.

YLJZnoD.png
It lasted longer than that, because I got them over an hour after the sale started XD

Want to hear the most hilarious shit?

This awful Ubisoft BYOB is has a so fucking terrible discount deal that it makes games more expensive

Want to get :
Assassins Creed III
Liberation HD
Assassins Creed 1 Director's Cut

?
Buy it separately and you're looking at 14,97$

Try to get those three games in one purchase? Well, fuck you, we will reduce the normal individual discount and override it with just a 70% discount. Pay us 17,99$, because fuck you that's why.

Jesus fuck Ubisoft.
In really scummy way, this is actually brilliant because most people won't realize it.

I completely do not agree. The last Tomb Raider was rather awesome and the series has been fairly high quality since leaving the ps2 era.
Legends was good, Anniversary was excellent, Underworld was eh.
TR2013 is trash.

Tomb Raider Anniversary is the bee's knees.
It's definitely in the top tier of the franchise.

Grim Fandango is one of the worst adventure games of all time, don't waste your money.
getout.gif getout.gif getout.gif getout.gif getout.gif getout.gif
:mad:

I've never played Dragon's DogeMah

Is it any good?
I got the game via PS+ and played about an hour of it, and really liked it. Sadly the framerate and IQ is such garbage that couldn't bring myself to continue playing it, so I'm really looking forward to the PC port.

But when i use TunnelBear and Hola it say "UNAVAILABLE" ?
Game can no longer be bought by filthy non-Brazilians it seems. Same happens to all WB games except Mad Max for some reason.

What's the GAF consensus regarding Apotheon? It's currently €3,49 on the Humble Store and the visual art looks absolutely gorgeous. Based on that alone, I'd think it's worth the money. But I'm hoping it actually plays as well as it looks.
I played a bit on PS4 (where it has the *worst* save file in existence), the gameplay is simple but controls nicely and is varied thanks to the weapons, plus it does have quite a bit to explore, but mind that as nice as it is, its art and color palette did strain my eyes after a bit. If you are into Metroidvanias and want a (seemingly) shorter one, that price is, to me, fair.

I wonder who is doing the port of Dragon's Dogma for PC.
*Technically*, MTF games are actually done on PC and then ported to consoles :p
I'm guessing it'll be inhouse or QLOC

i bet its gonna be Iron Galaxy
Hey now, I do not want that game to run even worse than the terrible PS3 version.

After the AK debacle, nobody remembers all the good Iron Galaxy has done, it seems.
As with anything in life, building is hard, and destroying is very easy.

Seems a Kingdom Hearts Collection is coming to PS4. Which would make you think that they could port this around now as most of the hard work is over and you can't release a retail PS4 game without working out the licenses to allow for a digital simultaneous release, too.

But of course that shit was probably built with the same Sony tools and tech used for FFX HD so we'll never see it in a million years regardless of how well FFT0-HD did. Meh
Disney has been paying more attention to PC lately, so there is hope!

So we're finally going to have actual 1,000 year old dragons on Steam?
XS5LK.gif

21$, daaamn
Gotta verify if its region locked or not first tho.
It's a Sega game on nuuvem, so it's locked.

So what's this Dragon's Dogma you kids are on about? I guess it must be good or something?
A fun ARPG done by Capcpom that ran so bad on PS3 it was almost unplayable. We are on about it because a PC port would fix the latter :D

So... erm... I just realized that Milamber is a time traveler.
Nah, the Anniversary release is the second port. The first one was bugged to hell and back though.

Right? Everyone knows April is the real deal.

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Yakuza, Vanquish, RDR, and I am a happy panda :3
What a weird way to spell November.

Agreed on everything else, even the Queen reference :3

I still conclude that Milamber posting his entire desktop instead of cropping just the activation window because he was soo excited at getting Prey is the greatest successful tag fishing attempt ever.
Best tags are the ones you have no idea the what, why or who.
D:

How do you plead Jazz?
Inferior Dredd :(
Pouty Eomer > Alternate Terminator.

I played the original PC port of Grandia II, I remember it freezing/glitching it on a boss that you weren't supposed to beat. Although it was on a friend's Dell.
It had a ton of bugs and weird issues, I remember the volume being out of whack compared to the DC version.

It's gonna be glorious!
Yes, yes it will!

Then they still got some work to do, off the top of my head. Atlus is the last remaining big player not doing anything on PC.
I assumed the moment that Sega bought them, that at least some of their games would be coming.
Still waiting :(

No, they give exactly 30% of every two cents about it
#dead

Reagardless I have a weird taste in music, I seriously think "Take you for a ride" is a good song and have left it on loop for hours without getting tired of it.
Damn, and I thought the only way people actually liked that song was sarcastically XD

Goddamn it. At least Ultra has a hype theme, and Third Strike Online has an awesome one too. Thankfully, Capcom also do this..
60+fps!
MTFramework doing god's work.

I still like the SFIV TV spot for the music (was never used in the game but I like the band)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIChSDP9dbw
That sounds like a rejected Sonic song.

Jawmuncher

It's a good day when you're quoted in a X05 post.
As for the "inferior" dredd I was trying to go for the joke from the movie. But jazz ignored it so it didn't pan out.

derExperte

Is Origin Mexico still the best place to get it? The current situation in China is causing my country's currency to get devalued so I'm somewhat reluctant to buy anything in dollars these days.

So I got FIFA 15 (this year's version) for 3,50€ through Origin Brazil. Had to use VPN, PayPal, Google's Brazilian address, generate a fake CPF number and wait for an hour but it went through.

Just went through that whole AMA and there are barely any real answers there. Just the devs praising themselves for making such a great game. And passing the buck on all the DLC/pricing bullshit they tried onto 2K.

Which is certainly the cause though. Look at 2ks DLC-situations in different games. Whether its BL2 or some of their Sport games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Let me tell you the worst part of releasing a game on Steam, and being social on the game's discussion forums.

All the friend invites.

I am level 90 on Steam and my friend cap keeps being reached by fucking invites, which for some reason invites count towards your max friend count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom