• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's me. Come on, son!

Edit: my tag would be "no friends in common" :(
I got your back bud. Friend request sent. The more Aussies the better.
Woooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

A real gem with incredible charm and music. Just listen! Or this!
lg8S8SJ.jpg

Concrete Jungle
That artstyle :eek: Some menus remind me of crap mobile games though.

dex3108

This year Apple made huge step, they will make their conference stream watchable on MS Edge browser!!! So all Win 10 users can watch how Apple will change gaming forever. XD

Watch out GabeN, Cook is coming to take that gaming piece of pie.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Secret Ponchos -- MB-A621F341A2F90207 - Taken by Lain. 9 entrants total.

t1441807787z1.png

derExperte

I am probably going to miss it anyway since the they always stream when I am sleeping. Someone wanna help me grab a key? :D

If I get another one you can have it. And we should get swamped with giveaways tomorrow because one key also gives you another gift-able copy.

derExperte

For fuck's sake, why does Gomo on the Humble Store not have a Steam key? It's on there and every other game in the Daedalic sale does. So I didn't check.

I'll be part of the problem with that, since I know I'll get them anyway. Might as well get $10 off.

It's the Arkham Knight Season Pass all over again. :eek:

Dsyndrome

It's the Arkham Knight Season Pass all over again. :eek:

Bethesda's saving grace is fervent modders that fix all their broken logic, memory leaks, etc. Arthmoor's like a gd machine.

Arkham Knight has none of that and you can't even buy the game or season pass anymore, much less play the DLC. I can't think of a bigger shitshow of a AAA PC game than it's release state.

I shouldn't give Bethesda benefit of the doubt, and Pete Hines kind of sucks, but I'll most likely still get it at release.
That's surprising, still topped their charts.

Not surprised, Traditional console gaming is kinda dead / dying in Japan.

If you don't want to wait for Fallout 4 GOTY edition there will be 30$ Season Pass (they don't know what will Pass include but you can still buy it)

http://bethesda.net/?utm_source=twi...ame/fallout-4-launch-and-beyond/2015/09/08/22

I'm conflicted. I love Fallout 3, even liked most of the dlc. Yet, $90+ for a game is getting crazy. I may wait till a GOTY edition hits a year or so down the road. May. Don't hold me to it. I have no willpower.

Knurek

I'm conflicted. I love Fallout 3, even liked most of the dlc. Yet, $90+ for a game is getting crazy. I may wait till a GOTY edition hits a year or so down the road. May. Don't hold me to it. I have no willpower.

A good time to buy a Bethesda game is when the complete collection is $5 or lower during Steam sale.
Yes, you might wait a year or two. But by that time you will have community bugfix patches, not to mention mods.
#FriendsDon'tLetFriendsPreorderGames

Teggy

I didn't realize that not only was Deadpool added back to Steam, but there are PS4/xbone versions coming. What a strange life that game has had...

I didn't realize that not only was Deadpool added back to Steam, but there are PS4/xbone versions coming. What a strange life that game has had...
Right holders probably thought "why spend money into a new game when we already have a recent one?" and just push the game back in stores.

madjoki

There's new movie coming, so it makes sense to cash-in. It's cheaper than making whole new game.

Dr Dogg

I found all of New Vegas' story DLC packs to be great but FO3's were a bit hit and miss. Operation Anchorage and Point Lookout especially not my cup of tea.

derExperte

‘Good’ isn’t good enough - releasing an indie game in 2015

Airscape was a total commercial failure. I’ve actually never heard of a game released on Steam (with some level of marketing) that has sold less copies than Airscape, although I’m sure they exist. Currently, the exact figure sits just shy of 150 copies sold across all distribution platforms. Even conservatively estimating 10% of lifetime sales at launch, we will barely break even on PR costs, never mind development costs. Thankfully, none of the team was financially reliant on the game doing well – all of us have good safety nets.

Why did Airscape flop so badly? As always, the answer is complicated. I certainly don’t know the whole truth but I’m going to do my best to spell out what happened, and what I think it means for other development teams hoping to release an indie game for PC.

When not even lashman and JaseC own it you know you fucked up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you don't want to wait for Fallout 4 GOTY edition there will be 30$ Season Pass (they don't know what will Pass include but you can still buy it)

http://bethesda.net/?utm_source=twi...ame/fallout-4-launch-and-beyond/2015/09/08/22

this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do for just $30.

I might have to buy this season pass just to support this behavior, assuming they don't back down on the deal. The very worst is buying a season pass only to find it doesn't include everything (I'm looking at you, 2K).

I found all of New Vegas' story DLC packs to be great but FO3's were a bit hit and miss. Operation Anchorage and Point Lookout especially not my cup of tea.

Each one kinda only had one really good dlc. Point Lookout was really good for Fallout 3 and New Vega's Old World Blues was fun. The rest were kinda trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom