• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

In other news I ended up ordering the Gwent card set from the Witcher site. $10 for the box and $10 for international shipping. Bit surprised it's coming from San Francisco. I would have expected it would be sent from Europe. I'm usually not one to collect physical trinkets and all but I couldn't pass up on this :p

GOG.com opened their US offices in San Francisco lately, so this might be the cause.

L.O.R.D

RDIEVBQ.jpg

for a moment , i thought they released the HD collection on steam

Deques

In other news I ended up ordering the Gwent card set from the Witcher site. $10 for the box and $10 for international shipping. Bit surprised it's coming from San Francisco. I would have expected it would be sent from Europe. I'm usually not one to collect physical trinkets and all but I couldn't pass up on this :p

Where did you order it from, can't find it on their site

I see that surfster is still play whack_dawg

That might be the worst AAA budget game I've played completely through in years and I went into it with my expectations in check.

To give you an idea, I enjoyed the order 1886 more.

I was actually mad at both the game and myself by the end of my near 20 hours with WD.

Stay strong, turfsurf.

Edit: just noticed you finished it. Now you can punch an inflatable clown repeatedly to get that off your chest.

That really sucks. I remember being super stoked for the reveal, game looked fantastic. Bummer.

phantom pain is garbage of course this is what happens when you put a console game on PC

iwPK5sW.png

Nah, it's good replacement for sleep medicine.

....wat

derExperte

The order is mediocre but pretty

WD is almost offensively bad and repetitive

To be fair I didn't start to hate The Order until I watched friends replay some of the later stealth sections. And that's one aspect W_D does well imo, the stealth is fun thanks to the gadgets and hacking and when it goes wrong you shoot everything up. The Order? Game over, try again. Painful.

GOG.com opened their US offices in San Francisco lately, so this might be the cause.

Now that I think about it, Jinx is handling all the orders and stuff. It's possible they're the ones doing the manufacturing as well and they might be based out of SF. Another possibility is that they expect the majority of the orders to come from North America so they made plans according to that.

Where did you order it from, can't find it on their site

http://www.redeemgwent.com/

Note it only has two of the four decks. It's assumed the other two will be made available next year when the other expansion drops.

edit: also note it's a pre-order that won't ship till the end of October.

Deques

Now that I think about it, Jinx is handling all the orders and stuff. It's possible they're the ones doing the manufacturing as well and they might be based out of SF. Another possibility is that they expect the majority of the orders to come from North America so they made plans according to that.

http://www.redeemgwent.com/

Note it only has two of the four decks. It's assumed the other two will be made available next year when the other expansion drops.

edit: also note it's a pre-order that won't ship till the end of October.

Hmmm.. so to be able to buy the Gwent cards you need to first buy the Expansion Pass :(

Jawmuncher

It is pretty funny though how Capcom and the like get shit about DLC characters. But not much is ever said about the crazy shit anime fighters pull with their multiple versions. Didn't BlazBlue hit and then a month later a extend version was announced?

To be fair I didn't start to hate The Order until I watched friends replay some of the later stealth sections. And that's one aspect W_D does well imo, the stealth is fun thanks to the gadgets and hacking and when it goes wrong you shoot everything up. The Order? Game over, try again. Painful.

It's a 5 hour game that has maybe 2 stealth sections that are meh. If you go into it as a rental or at $15ish it will be a fun game if anything just solely for how fucking ridiculous it looks. Its story is actually pretty intriguing, too, but the game just kinda ends with a lot of balls left hanging in the air. And there will probably never be a sequel for it so that's a huge bummer. Could've been Sony's Gears of War if they got behind a sequel for it.

With Watch Dogs, this was just about every mission for me: get somewhere, kill a thousand people because im a murderous sociopath of a hacker and a general piece of shit with no sense of reflection or any ability to internalize my own actions and accept responsibility, then things go into high alert so i get on a train ASAP and just stand there until the train has taken me out of the hotspot. You do that for over half the game because half the game (or more) is structured to be same exact mission just in a different setting, with the same structure and all.

It's especially shitty now that we're in a post MGSV world where open world stealth just got taken to the next level. But it was bad even then, too.

I will take any gaf over popgaf.

Popgaf had a while there where any 17 year old girl who sang in a bubble gum commercial had an off topic thread about her and nicki manga fighting over Twitter about who had the most glitter on their thrift store bracelet.

Glad that has subsided somewhat

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Garry's Mod 2 won't be called Garry's Mod 2, will have VR support

Facepunch Studios are working on a Garry's Mod Sequel, studio founder Garry Newman told PCGamesN in a recent interview - but don't you dare call it Garry's Mod 2.

Newman's comments on the sequel came when asked if he'd ever consider raising the price of the first game:

"We wouldn't raise the price now, I mean we’re kind of working on a sequel, so it’d be stupid to the raise the price, really. It’s early days. We’re looking at having more VR stuff in it - that’s the big point of it. And it won’t be called Garry’s Mod 2."

There were once some rumblings about Oculus support for Garry's Mod 1.0 before the studio quashed them. Or one does to a rumbling in order to cease it. Analogies, eh?

The comment came during an interview about the making of Garry's Mod, in which it also transpired that Newman was initially unsure whether to charge any money at all for it:

"The price goes back to the original days. We decided to have it that cheap because when Valve originally asked if we wanted to put it on Steam I said no. I thought: who would pay for it? When we were first talking about price we thought $10. If we’d have priced it at $50 or $30, or even $20, I don’t think it’d have lasted ten years."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom