• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Names aren't the most important thing, but they count for a lot of initial appeal. Who would want to watch a movie called Pacific Air Flight 121?

If I see a list of games and one of them has a name like Airscape, it doesn't tell me much about what it is. Maybe I'll spend some time and google it... is it the energy-efficient natural cooling solution? A stainless steel kitchen canister? A french press? A progressive/trance musician? Okay fuck it I don't care about Airscape anymore-- I haven't even played it and it's already wasting my time.

Salsa

apple-iphone-6s-live-_0477.jpg
ugh I fucking hate everything

Hektor

Metal Gear made me realize how much of an utalitarian i am. I only spare the lives of people with at least an A+ Rank. I'd be a good dictator.

Salsa

guys you need to watch this

you thought Apple was pretentious

wowowoowow

they straight up churching. speaking of this thing like its jesus

Sober

its a shame that the guy making the article made a really bland looking super mario galaxy mobile looking thing

its more about standing out

im sure the game is competent, It just produces 0 desire to play it

he's onto something at the end of the article there maybe, but he made a clean lookin phyiscs 2d platformer with a mechanic from another big release that ends up as a gimmick many game have done already

cmon
It is kinda sad that everyone thinks they should throw their hat into the ring because of indie games. Feels like that bubble is gonna burst eventually, given the massive amounts of indie games you can find nowadays.

I went to PAX East this year and despite loving the indie mini/megabooth stuff I noticed an interesting trend. 2D platformers were basically out and the new wave looks like 2D beat-em-ups in the vein of Double Dragon, etc. There were a lot of them. I wonder how many of those will fall to the wayside.

It's like watching each successive generation of kids that grew up on specific games coming out of the woodwork to make an indie game inspired by that game they loved so much as a child. I don't know if this makes me a cynic but I wish the cycle would just stop but I'm sure it'll just keep going until the indie side of the industry becomes even more unsustainable.

i hate that there are people there defending spending $30 on content that devs don't even know what it is yet, or how much you'll get. Its like, you want my money but you don't even know what you're gonna make, like what?

I learned from the shitshow that was the Bioshock Infinite SP that it's better to just wait till it's all out and just get it for cheap then. Beside, Bethesda had major issues with their DLC back when they did it for FO3, rather just wait and see on what they end up doing.

but yeah $20 or less goty edition seems like the best bet really.

"Biggest innovation since iPad"

"It is so fast! How fast? Desktop-class!"

It's just a freaking bigger iPad ffs. That PR talk is unbearable!

i hate that there are people there defending spending $30 on content that devs don't even know what it is yet, or how much you'll get. Its like, you want my money but you don't even know what you're gonna make, like what?

Indeed, like I sadi in the respective thread, they have no idea what it will contain but they have no problem saying outright that it's great value for the price ("just $30").

Nobody's forced to buy it of course but putting something on sale that at this point in time is literally nothing is ridiculous.
It's amazing that all it takes is saying "there's a season pass" for people to start throwing $30 at you. Just, wow.

Chariot

Metal Gear made me realize how much of an utalitarian i am. I only spare the lives of people with at least an A+ Rank. I'd be a good dictator.
I am the opposite. I kill nobody if possible. People who I don't need I let on the ground and when I have to get them away in Side-OPs eg I fulton them, even if they have EEEEEEE. Although I go savage on other players. There can only be one Big Boss and that is ME!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't notice until now that the Humble Store apparently pulled the Ubi build a bundle from sale yesterday. I honestly wonder if putting it up was a mistake or if it just didn't sell well.

Turfster

I didn't notice until now that the Humble Store apparently pulled the Ubi build a bundle from sale yesterday. I honestly wonder if putting it up was a mistake or if it just didn't sell well.

"Here are mostly 75% off games, and if you buy 3 of them, they become 70% off" says it all, really.

Sober

Fallout 4 Season Pass is the biggest news in DLC since DLC.
I love people getting mad at DLC. Especially when the season pass outlines what's in it. And then people interpret it as "CUT CONTENT I HAVE TO PAY FOR".

But man FO4 not knowing what's in their season pass is just as bad. Do they just have no ideas left from production that they couldn't finish? Or that they're just lying straight through their teeth? (probably)

Salsa

they talked about "developing a new groundbreaking specific technology without the use of batteries or bluetooth" and they showed a magnet

im not kidding

Caerith

Nah. Surface is actually innovative in giving you all the x86 goodness with flexibility of a tablet.

iPad Pro is just a bigger iPad. That's it.

I think you're underselling it. It isn't just a bigger iPad. It's a bigger iPad from the people who invented pencils and magnets.

I think you're underselling it. It isn't just a bigger iPad. It's a bigger iPad from the people who invented pencils and magnets.
Haha. That pencil trailer had my eyes almost pop off thier sockets from rolling too much.

It's way past Onion levels of a joke.

Turfster

'It's a pencil, but you don't have to sharpen it!'

That's what I would've lead with.

"Never lose that pencil again, because a new one will cost you 100$.
You're welcome.

Apple: because we're fabulous and you want to gobble on our knob"

would have worked just as well.

Crossy Roads on Apple TV leading the "huge push towards gaming, this time we really mean it guys!" section.

My butt sliding off the couch in cringe is the biggest leap that has been done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom