• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

let's get back to steam for a second.
Anybody had perfectly correct login and password not work while trying to login into steam community several times for no reason? If that's a bug, it's really scary one and I never encountered it before.
Not sure if it's the same error you're encounting but I've had this happen when Steam doesn't "acknowledge" my login in the client when I visit my activity feed or sth. It asks me to sign in (when actually I've done so by launching the client) and if I try to sign in with the web form, I receive an error about not being able to login. Refreshing the page I requested usually solves this.
Ignore misread it.

Be prepared for bundlejunk keys incoming.
Cheers, I snagged Vortex.

derExperte

Goes into the console racing comparison thread.
'Framerate isn't part of the visuals.'
Will never go into the console racing comparison thread again.

In other funny news: 6hrs until Dropsy. Though I'm not sure if that game is meant to be funny or creepy.

Arthea

Not sure if it's the same error you're encounting but I've had this happen when Steam doesn't "acknowledge" my login in the client when I visit my activity feed or sth. It asks me to sign in (when actually I've done so by launching the client) and if I try to sign in with the web form, I receive an error about not being able to login. Refreshing the page I requested usually solves this.

Cheers, I snagged Vortex.

I refreshed too, didn't work either

It's funny when you think about it, there are not that many things that scare me, the war being one that most, but the thought that I'll have to contact steam support plain terrifies me.

In other funny news: 6hrs until Dropsy. Though I'm not sure if that game is meant to be funny or creepy.

do you even need to ask? Of course creepy

more Chinese games on greenlight - The Gate of Firmament
it's 12th game in series no less!

E7BCD973F3E6F2CD9B6B47DBA8C4F60602ABDEBD

Tizoc

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...so GotY-like edition?
I refreshed too, didn't work either

It's funny when you think about it, there are not that many things that scare me, the war being one that most, but the thought that I'll have to contact steam support plain terrifies me.

do you even need to ask? Of course creepy

more Chinese games on greenlight - The Gate of Firmament
it's 12th game in series no less!

Yo Arthea could you link to games worth voting for on Greenlight please?
I liked some of the games you mentioned but can't remember them all.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
that came out of nowhere, or is it just me?

What's new in deathinitive edition?
I hope it fixes the camera angle as this made the game much harder than it should be

Compare Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition before and after screenshots

When we thought about what we wanted to do for the “Deathinitive” edition of Darksiders II, obviously we wanted to run in native 1080p and increase the resolution of the textures. Additionally, we decided to rewrite the renderer to be physically based like a lot of other current generation game engines. What this means visually is metal, leather, stone and skin look and respond to light as you would expect them to in the real world. This new rendering method meant we revisited every texture and surface in the game, reworking and re-authoring them for the new renderer. To take full advantage of these texture changes, we’ve also gone back and relit the entire game.

What gets me most about Darksiders 2 is that it was developed in the death throes of THQ, and the game's quality (and reception) shows this.

Darksiders 1 was what everyone wanted more of. A Zelda-like experience with over-the-top gothic inspirations in a stylish and competent package.

Ozium

hi, guest from distant past, you probably think that cutting all those forests to print those books on is awesome idea too, because you know, it supplies so many people with jobs, am I right?

there are children dying in Africa to get the resources needed to create eReaders.

you can replant a tree

Arthea

those comparisons falls flat on their face because it's not exactly the same screenshots. boo this thing

there are children dying in Africa to get the resources needed to create eReaders.

you can replant a tree

no there aren't, cuz I read on PC or laptop

Ozium

Goes into the console racing comparison thread.
'Framerate isn't part of the visuals.'
Will never go into the console racing comparison thread again.

what is framerate a part of if not the visuals? wtf

and how much is Dropsy

derExperte

you can replant a tree

Last I heard you can make more children too and they grow faster than trees.

what is framerate a part of if not the visuals? wtf

and how much is Dropsy

Someone tried to explain it later, basically: 'I acknowledge that it totally is but Driveclub only has 30 so fuck you all and fuck Forza'.

Don't think we know, one of the mods/devs said around 10$ but he also said there'll be a preorder which wasn't true. 10 sounds like the optimal price point so I hope that's correct.

Hektor

hi, guest from distant past, you probably think that cutting all those forests to print those books on is awesome idea too, because you know, it supplies so many people with jobs, am I right?

Exactly. Just like Asylum critics help firefighters to keep their job.

That offer is probably not in all countries, and I'm in Scandinavia.

I was only joking about the awful offers of gamestop for used stuff.

What gets me most about Darksiders 2 is that it was developed in the death throes of THQ, and the game's quality (and reception) shows this.

Darksiders 1 was what everyone wanted more of. A Zelda-like experience with over-the-top gothic inspirations in a stylish and competent package.

The biggest issue with darksiders 2 for me was how lonely it felt, especially in comparison to the first one where you had that ghost following and commenting every single one of your steps.

Arthea

Yo Arthea could you link to games worth voting for on Greenlight please?
I liked some of the games you mentioned but can't remember them all.

greenlight really got to me in last few months, I can't handle so much junk anymore, so I forgo all "let's find gems project" until I'll acquire more patience. And most games worth releasing are greenlit already. The quality of greenlight submistions dropped so hard lately that better games get greenlit much faster, also I assume volvo lowered required number of votes again.
I still post some games that catch my eye by browsing through, but I don't check every game anymore, sorry.

edited: wait, you just wanna links to games, not vote for them, the easiest way is to check friend favourites, because if a game looks good or interesting, somebody already favourited it, try this, you'll see.

Finally got done downloading Elder Scrolls Online after the better part of a week. For all the changes, they still kept the really crappy tutorial section. Apart from that though it looks like a much better game since the last time I tried it. Beautiful visuals and performance for an MMO and it feels like an Elder Scrolls world. The cash shop mostly sells cosmetics and xp boosts and stuff like that. So that's okay but the pricing is a bit too much and they follow the F2P schemes (i.e. you can buy 2000 of the premium currency but the item you want costs 2100 so you have to pick the higher tier).

Haven't played too much obviously but it doesn't feel like the trainwreck it supposedly was when it came out. Worth checking out if you're an Elder Scrolls fan I guess. Definitely try it if you snagged a key from that GMG sale.

Hektor

Arthea

I posted a negative review the other day and the creator contacted me flustered that I didn't ask for a refund in stead. I told him (or her, don't know) that just because I think it was a bad game and shared my opinion with others doesn't mean I want to stop owning it. Also I don't see the point of having a review system that only has positive reviews.

which game was it?

I've only written 2 negative reviews, one for a completely terrible F1 management sim and another for "The Harvest." The 2nd became the most popular review and the game was pulled not long after for "quality" reasons. I'm not saying it was my review but...

It was Aliens

Lain

I dislike digital comics and novels, I love the smell and feeling of paper. First thing I do with a new book is open it softly, feel along the pages with my finger and sniff it's inner sanctum. Can't habe that joy digitally.

I like digital comics, because importing Food Wars! physical costs me double what it costs me to buy the digital version.
Digital comics don't transfer the ink from the pages to my fingertips, which is another plus.
Digital comics don't take up more space in my room, which is a really big plus when owning as many volumes as I do (5700 +/-).

I love physical copies of stuff too, but digital has some nice perks.

Tizoc

I have the perfect reading list for you.

Could you post/PM it to me then please? A 2nd hand bookshop has older editions of the Foundation series, unless the newer ones have more stuff I wouldn't mind getting those as they're cheap :p

"Developers would also like to see tighter controls to prevent users copying a game to a USB stick, claiming a refund then playing it without signing into Steam."

I really dont understand those concerns. The people who would go out of thay way to do such things are the very same people that are already pirating it this very moment.

Just another piracy boogeyman. Same shit, different day.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

DreadOut news~

Seems the Keeper of the Dark DLC for DreadOut, the open-world piece of DLC featuring new areas, ghosts, as well as a fully explorable world from the original game with side-objectives and a narrative to do, is getting closer to completion with some new details.

duniaku-keepersofthedark-3.jpg

Some details about this:

-Standalone, meaning you don't have to own DreadOut Act 1 or 2 to be able to play this, can be played as sort of a side-game by itself. Takes place in the middle of DreadOut 1 & 2 though, the 'lost chapter' when Lisa entered the Mirror World.

-Features an open-ended explorable world, featuring expanded locations from Act 0, 1, & 2, as well as two new special locations.

-There are 13+ new ghosts, some of the Ghosts are back-made by those who supported the Indiegogo campaign for DreadOut who went for some of the higher tiers.

-Made to provide new experiences, thrills, and challenges for returning players, but also introduce new players to the world of DreadOut, as the developers have said before they want to turn DreadOut into a franchise.

-DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark will release before the end of 2015, the price is not 100% set but will be no more than $9.99 (USD), those who already own DreadOut will get a discount, and those that supported the Indiegogo campaign get it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom