• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Well, I finally bit on Dark Souls. Time to see what all the fuss is about, finally.

Will be interesting going in fairly blind, though. All I really know is that it's supposed to be a pretty difficult.... role-playing game? Action game?

Come to think of it, it's odd for me to buy a game fairly sight unseen, but between all the rumbling about it and one of my friends raving about it, I figure what the hell, I can spend $5 in card money on an impulse buy.

Shantom

80 Days is coming to PC.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/10/80-days-pc-reveal/

80days.jpg

I'm probably late with this, but it's not just 80 Days.
PP0mz0A.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It depends on the game, but many recent ones do benefit greatly from it. Open world games especially.
And even if you don't use it for games it is still a good investment. Windows itself and any programs are so much more quick and snappier.
Stop tempting me guys! I don't want to think how faster Guild Wars 2 will load (which, now that I think about it, would be a pretty good thing, as the loading times there can get a bit annoying, especially when changing areas too often), or how much better my GAF experience will be.

Well, I finally bit on Dark Souls. Time to see what all the fuss is about, finally.

Will be interesting going in fairly blind, though. All I really know is that it's supposed to be a pretty difficult.... role-playing game? Action game?

Come to think of it, it's odd for me to buy a game fairly sight unseen, but between all the rumbling about it and one of my friends raving about it, I figure what the hell, I can spend $5 in card money on an impulse buy.
Prepare to die. A lot.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish the divinity games weren't so multiplayer oriented

like, it's not like i don't got ppl to play with, but i had to turn everyone down cos the super slow way i like playing these games is not very good for multiplayer, like it gets always on the back of my head that i shouldn't be reading these conversations and books and stuff, that i should treat it like a mmo and just skip all the shitty filler dialogue

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball is pretty cool! Has awesome music too

Omega

Banned

like, it's not like i don't got ppl to play with, but i had to turn everyone down cos the super slow way i like playing these games is not very good for multiplayer, like it gets always on the back of my head that i shouldn't be reading these conversations and books and stuff, that i should treat it like a mmo and just skip all the shitty filler dialogue

this is how i feel with a lot of stuff. i like to explore everything, everyone else just pushes forward acting like it's a speedrun

Dsyndrome

You don't like having arguments in your head as to who's right for a situation?
I don't either, just made the conversation go where I wanted stats to go.

Hektor

But OS isnt really MP oriented. Co-Op is an option in this game, but its absolutely perfectly fine playable as a singleplayer experience.

Caerith

Yeah, with the EE coming out later this year I was thinking "maybe I should local co-op it" but then I realized my way of playing involves a ton of save/load and that probably wouldn't be a lot of fun with others. Also yeah reading all the dialogue and books and stuff, sneaking around and stealing everything not nailed down even though I have 3 maxed stacks of gold, etc.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
can we really blame konami for wanting to release a game that's been in development for like 27 years and cost them 84.5 billion trillion dollars? especially in light of the fact that they're otherwise done with console gaming? any cuts are regrettable but it's not like it makes sense to fund the game until 2018 when it might be done done

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
can we really blame konami for wanting to release a game that's been in development for like 27 years and cost them 84.5 billion trillion dollars? especially in light of the fact that they're otherwise done with console gaming? any cuts are regrettable but it's not like it makes sense to fund the game until 2018 when it might be done done

I do like how insane
parts of
the MGS community are, how can they even think the content will be patched in tomorrow.

Khronico

Wait, what?

KONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMI!

The mission that was cut sounded amazing too, which is even more tragic.

I totally get why they had to cut stuff to actually release the game, I mean eventually the game HAD to come out.

It's just depressing seeing what that cut content was and how it could've made the game a bit better storywise.

sprinkles

phantom breaker wasn't nearly as good a kyaa kyaa game as i hoped for

or at least i didn't like it much
It is still a very good 2D Beat'em Up though. My right thumb hurt for days after playing though the game in one long sitting.

Oh and it has Makise Kurisu character DLC, get that!

chronomac

Agreed. And instead of throwing all the blame on Konami, how about we share some with Kojima for taking so damn long to get the game to where it is now. God only knows how much longer he would have needed for the "true ending." Gotta meet a deadline at some point.

Just tried the new Payday DLC weapons (the ones that were free because of a bug), and they can't be any more shitty and awkward to use.

The bow is fiddly as fuck, it says it has a high rate of fire but it actually doesn't since you have to draw all the way or the tip of the arrow won't point where you'll be shooting at.

The crossbows are awkward too.

Really bad weapon design on this one. Also, Payday 2 melee is pretty useless, cumbersome and awkward to use, so adding a DLC focused on melee weapons is a bad idea.

Ozium

Wait, what?

KONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMI!

pretty amazing how the 2nd half of the game is absolute shit and when I point that out in this forum I am told I am trolling...

also Kojima is at fault just as much as Konami, he was producer and responsible for coming in on time and on budget. He failed.

Also most of the cutscenes in the game were shown in trailers that are up to 3 years old, so what exactly was done in the last year? Jack Shit.

tons of cut shit, unresolved plot points, a second half that falls apart and tons of promised features (return to camp omega, ps4/steam box, etc.) are nowhere to be found.

Kojima = Japanese Molyneux

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm looking to trade my copy of Pillars for DSII:SotFS

Pillars of Eternity - Kickstarter Hero Edition

Includes the base game of Pillars of Eternity. Added bonuses include the Giant Miniature Space Piglet and Gaun's Pledge pre-order items.

PM Pls.

pahamrick

pretty amazing how the 2nd half of the game is absolute shit and when I point that out in this forum I am told I am trolling...

also Kojima is at fault just as much as Konami, he was producer and responsible for coming in on time and on budget. He failed.

Also most of the cutscenes in the game were shown in trailers that are up to 3 years old, so what exactly was done in the last year? Jack Shit.

tons of cut shit, unresolved plot points, a second half that falls apart and tons of promised features (return to camp omega, ps4/steam box, etc.) are nowhere to be found.

Kojima = Japanese Molyneux

At least the game play was pretty good, but holy hell at all the cut content, especially for stuff shown off years ago.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've been on Steam for like 8 years or whatever and I've never used a free weekend for anything, even stuff I'm interested in. Do people actually do the free weekend thing? Is it useful as a player? Does it actually work to drive sales?

Jawmuncher

I've been on Steam for like 8 years or whatever and I've never used a free weekend for anything, even stuff I'm interested in. Do people actually do the free weekend thing? Is it useful as a player? Does it actually work to drive sales?

I'm curious about this too. Funny enough the only time I ever did a free weekend was on Xbox One when they offered Sunset Overdrive. Was basically a free rental. Ended up beating it.

AHA-Lambda

I admit this too, I'm usually busy playing something else =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom