• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ahem
header.jpg

Will probably be as bad as most bethesda games, though I don't doubt we will have a lot of people having it as GOTY.

yuraya

Fallout 4 has over 400 hours of content. By the time you finish it you will forget what happened in the beginning. That is gonna hurt it in GOTY voting. It will probably get a lot of love next year tho after modding takes off and dlc comes out.

Deitus

That's not Just Cause 3.

I keep forgetting that is actually coming out this year. I think I'll wait and see if that game is just Copy/Paste: The Game like JC2 was. JC2 was a lot of fun mechanics-wise, and I like a lot of the new features they've showed so far in 3, but man was the world in JC2 repetitive. It really suffered from "Look how big our game world is" syndrome that continues to plague open world design.

I'm sure it will be fun either way though, but I'll wait for impressions and/or a sale.

The US Office.

Oh cool. I really loved the early seasons of that show, but over time the quality really went down, and the final season was absolute garbage. Still probably worth watching the show until Steve Carell leaves the cast though.

I've heard the UK version is really good too (even better depending on who you ask), but I never got around to watching it.

Maniac

Banned
Fallout 4 has over 400 hours of content. By the time you finish it you will forget what happened in the beginning. That is gonna hurt it in GOTY voting. It will probably get a lot of love next year tho after modding takes off and dlc comes out.

And it being a Bethesda game means that only around 40 or so of those hours of content is of any actual quality that's worth playing.

Uzzy

Wow, such snobbery. What is this, gaming side?

Gaming side with their terrible opinions and tastes are probably excited for Bethesda's latest buggy mess.

I've seen episodes of Peppa Pig with more coherent and interesting plotlines than Bethesda games.

Maniac

Banned
Wow, such snobbery. What is this, gaming side?

No, I believe this is us not wanting to waste time on mediocre games, or atleast too much time on mediocre parts of subpar games.

Which is also why I entirely condemn DA:I and around ninety percent of Skyrim.

And also all Ubiwank and EA Jank. Or is that Ubijank and EA Wank? I dunno.

Videogames.
Gaming side with their terrible opinions and tastes are probably excited for Bethesda's latest buggy mess.

I've seen episodes of Peppa Pig with more coherent and interesting plotlines than Bethesda games.

Peppa has better voice actors, too.

Caerith

Will probably be as bad as most bethesda games, though I don't doubt we will have a lot of people having it as GOTY.

Pretty much. It'll be at the top of everyone's GOTY list, then next year they'll be like "why did we do that again it's still not even playable on half the consoles."

Oh cool. I really loved the early seasons of that show, but over time the quality really went down, and the final season was absolute garbage. Still probably worth watching the show until Steve Carell leaves the cast though.

I've heard the UK version is really good too (even better depending on who you ask), but I never got around to watching it.
I binged hard and just started season three. It's really nice. Micheal & Dwight are brilliant. Snorting constantly at Dwight and cringing so often at Michael that I just close eyes, ha. Can so see myself in both of them :^

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Drag Bethesda's buggy corpse!!
76f60de52b.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned

Im hopeful but not optimistic. I dont know, i loved skyrim but theres just something about F4 that doesnt seem to haver the same pull, especially in a year that W3 released for RPGs. I bought the game for 30$ though from the gmg glitch so i'd love to be wrong! Hopefully its packed with a ton of interesting things.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I played Saints Row the Third and found it kind of boring, to be honest. What I saw of the story was good, but the gameplay wasn't really compelling to me. I'm not going to bother trying out SR4 because it's already Sunday and I feel like it'll probably be more of the same formula.

Ludens

Banned
I played Saints Row the Third and found it kind of boring, to be honest. What I saw of the story was good, but the gameplay wasn't really compelling to me. I'm not going to bother trying out SR4 because it's already Sunday and I feel like it'll probably be more of the same formula.

SR4 is much worse than SR3, mainly because it was a DLC turned into a full game.
Yeah, it's just a more of the same.

Vuze

Yeah, it really is. It's basically a DLC made into a whole game and I'm still salty about that as a big fan of SR3.

Caerith

I had a lot of fun with Saints Row IV. I mean yeah I guess you could say the gameplay is more of the same, just with, y'know, super powers, but the writing's good (especially the characterization) and it's a great endcap to the series.

Sure, 2016's Fallout 4: Ultimate GOTY Collector Edition will probably be decent once all of the DLC and free updates are available.

Serious question, but do you really think the updates will be free, or will Fallout 4 be the first Bethesda game where you have to pay for a patch?

Volimar

What's the usual release date cut off for GOTY? Fallout 4 will only be out for about a month by the time most sites start their GOTY picks.

Too bad XCOM 2 got delayed. That'd probably have been my pick. Game looks great.

Caerith

What's the usual release date cut off for GOTY? Fallout 4 will only be out for about a month by the time most sites start their GOTY picks.

Too bad XCOM 2 got delayed. That'd probably have been my pick. Game looks great.

Skyrim came out on November 11 and got GOTY everywhere, so Fallout 4's November 10 is probably early enough for it to get GOTY before the new car smell wears off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom