• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
If you win, I wll send you some of the DLC for RPG Maker (Character Hub, Luna Engine, and Rural Farm Tiles) or all the DLC for GameGuru, respectively.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GameGuru -- MB-7D9C585D8CF72594 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-03DB827FB3A8F3AF - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1442277435z1.png

Dsyndrome

So Dropsy hasn't worked at all for me. Tried it randomly today with Clicker Heroes in the background, and now the game works! Turned off Clicker Heroes and tried to just run Dropsy, and broken again.

Moral of the story, Clicker Heroes is so good it makes broken games work. Steam GOTY 2015.

So Dropsy hasn't worked at all for me. Tried it randomly today with Clicker Heroes in the background, and now the game works! Turned off Clicker Heroes and tried to just run Dropsy, and broken again.

Morale of the story, Clicker Heroes is so good it makes broken games work. Steam GOTY 2015.

Lmao.

Sch1sm

Morale of the story, Clicker Heroes is so good it makes broken games work. Steam GOTY 2015.

Clicker games are the angel on your right and devil on your left, all at once.

I'm really interested to hear how people feel about Destiny 2.0 with the expansion to see if it's worth playing now as a full package.

I bet it won't be.

I haven't 100% BOI:rebirth (because I am a casual), wondering if buying the DLC is worth it.

Isn't there hundreds of hours of the game without it. I dunno.

Sarcasm

Clicker games are the angel on your right and devil on your left, all at once.

I bet it won't be.

Isn't there hundreds of hours of the game without it. I dunno.

30 hours and only 28% cheevos. Think I have more time on the vita version though.

Sch1sm

I find organizing the library just makes it more of a trip, but I guess that depends on how thorough you are with it/what cats you're using, especially if you head into genre territory. I tried it once. I went back to just 4: Focus, Finished, Multi/Co-op, Early Access

Son of B. Damn it.

I just looked at my Steam Link & Steam Controller pre-order on ebgames.ca & it says cancelled?!

Ebgames?! Why you do this to me?!

Caerith

I find organizing the library just makes it more of a trip, but I guess that depends on how thorough you are with it/what cats you're using, especially if you head into genre territory. I tried it once. I went back to just 4: Focus, Finished, Multi/Co-op, Early Access
I'd rather we could use filters instead of categories. Most of my games are in multiple categories-- for instance, the Sam & Max games are in "Adventure" and "Completed" while The Doctor Who Adventure Game is in "Adventure" and "Unfinished"-- but these categories don't do much good if I want to see just, say, adventure games I haven't played yet. I could see all games in Adventure, I could see all games in Unfinished, but I'd rather be able to check both Adventure and Unfinished and see that oh yeah I should really play Gemini Rue.

I'd rather we could use filters instead of categories. Most of my games are in multiple categories-- for instance, the Sam & Max games are in "Adventure" and "Completed" while The Doctor Who Adventure Game is in "Adventure" and "Unfinished"-- but these categories don't do much good if I want to see just, say, adventure games I haven't played yet. I could see all games in Adventure, I could see all games in Unfinished, but I'd rather be able to check both Adventure and Unfinished and see that oh yeah I should really play Gemini Rue.

that was added recently but only in big picture mode

eyeless

i have a problem, in any game that i play i can only hear npc dialogue properly when i'm directly facing them but when i'm not looking at them i can't hear them. not just dialogue either actually, sound effects too, like environmental sounds. anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Caerith

i have a problem, in any game that i play i can only hear npc dialogue properly when i'm directly facing them but when i'm not looking at them i can't hear them. not just dialogue either actually, sound effects too, like environmental sounds. anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

If you have a surround sound setup, your (non-front) speakers aren't on or aren't working. If you don't, your computer thinks you do and is sending sound out to speakers you don't actually have. Check under your control panel/sound and see if it looks right?

Dsyndrome

Try seeing if your OS or the game is set up to a sound system that you currently don't have installed. To see this in Windows, select the device you use in the Sound section and hit configure. Setting it to Stereo should have it not send sound to non-existent speakers behind you.

eyeless

If you have a surround sound setup, your (non-front) speakers aren't on or aren't working. If you don't, your computer thinks you do and is sending sound out to speakers you don't actually have. Check under your control panel/sound and see if it looks right?

Try seeing if your OS or the game is set up to a sound system that you currently don't have installed. To see this in Windows, select the device you use in the Sound section and hit configure. Setting it to Stereo should have it not send sound to non-existent speakers behind you.
yeah somehow my speakers setting got changed. it was that simple. i've got them working now. thanks.

Backlogger

Can I shave/trim Max's beard?
I'm not a huge fan of beards, and his beard is kinda overwhelming. I saw even worse beards of Max in other screenshots. I guess it grows like in the Witcher 3?

You can unlock different hair/beard combos called "Head" upgrades but I am not sure if one of them is beardless. I am not that far into the game yet and have only unlocked one combo (the one in my screen shot).

http://madmax.gamepedia.com/Head

Level 4 - Oil Smear On Face
Level 5 - Race Paint On Face

Maybe one of those is beardless?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.9. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added an option to sort your friends page by their time last online
  • Added input validation to "Edit Price" functionality on the market and support for comma decimal separators
  • Adjusted for a layout change that caused links to SteamDB, SteamCardExchange, and PCGW not to show
  • Adjusted for a layout change that broke the removal of games from your wishlist from their app page
  • Adjusted for a layout change that caused the "No" button to remain present while editing an item's price
  • Adjusted for a layout change that caused the "customize" buttons to be hidden on home and app pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused quick and instant sell buttons to sometimes appear multiple times
  • Fixed a bug that caused price history information to get orphaned on the wishlist page while rearranging
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the "Customize" button on the "All New Releases" tab not to display
  • Fixed a bug that caused multiple clicks on the card drops remaining to show an incorrect total
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the homepage layout to behave strangely under certain conditions
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Firefox users: Mozilla recently announced that they are working on supporting Chrome extensions in a future version of Firefox, and I have continued testing Enhanced Steam with the nightly version of Firefox. More information will be available on this project in the future.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

wat? my geralt was clean my whole playthrough

I didn't use clean shave for my Geralt. On clean shave, his beard won't grow.

You can unlock different hair/beard combos called "Head" upgrades but I am not sure if one of them is beardless. I am not that far into the game yet and have only unlocked one combo (the one in my screen shot).

http://madmax.gamepedia.com/Head

Level 4 - Oil Smear On Face
Level 5 - Race Paint On Face

Maybe one of those is beardless?

Max on your screen is using the short combo, right?
Honestly, the default (short?) one is acceptable enough, and it actually fits Max nicely. But I doubt level 4 & 5 will be beardless, it'll be short but with those description.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-34D2FF172EFDED84 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.

t1442292315z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
I didn't use clean shave for my Geralt. On clean shave, his beard won't grow.

Max on your screen is using the short combo, right?
Honestly, the default (short?) one is acceptable enough, and it actually fits Max nicely. But I doubt level 4 & 5 will be beardless, it'll be short but with those description.
I managed to unlocked the googles. Using it with the short hair now, its amazing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My Max has the full beard, which I think is contextually appropriate. No screenshots because I'm not at my PC.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I LITERALLY MADE IT TO
CHESTER 2
ON THE NIGHTMARE BOSS RUSH IN YS OATH

AND I FUCKING HIT GO BACK TO TITLE INSTEAD OF RETRY

FUCK ME

UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom