• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madn

the tags are interesting

aXMc1Tm.png

MUnited83

For you.
uplay has a purpose though. It's just that Ubisoft doesn't have neither the balls themselves or the confidence in their platform to do an Origin...yet

But they'll do it, they're not going to keep giving 30% of what they perceive to be their money to someone else when they could have it for themselves. And at some point, the lines on the graph are going to cross so as to make taking 100% of less sales seem like a better option than taking 70% of more sales.

I really don't see Ubisoft games continuing to be on steam as they are. they already tried some funny business at the end of last year in Europe with their AAA releases on steam and have been doing some suspect stuff with some of their games on the platform recently. I can totally see them angling to make that transition before the end of next year once they feel like Uplay is up to snuff and that their major AAA game engines are now better accustomed to the PC so that their current gen games aren't as messy.

They won't ever outright leave Steam. They don't have any title like EA does that can bring people to their service. (btw, the "funny business" was a couple of games being mistakenly removed and restored in a 24-hour window)
Ubisoft, while having terrible business decisions, knows well that going full-Uplay would only hurt them and affect their sales severly. Fuck, they barely bother keeping their client updated, and there's several people in Ubisoft that outright recognize how much of a better platform Steam is (hence Gunslinger/Grow Home/Rocksmith being steamworks)

Maniac

Banned
MGSV might be the fastest and most painless +30 hours i've ever put into a game. And i only just got to episode 21.

I'm not saying this might be one of the greatest games i've ever played but fuck me if i could name a dozen of games i think are better.

so im saying that it's one of the greatest games i've ever played. zero hyperbole, even if the next 20-30 hours are just kojima gaping asshole farting on the screen in 480i I would give him the GOTY right now

So you're telling me you hate RPGs? Because that's all I'm getting from this post. And if it's in your 12 best games ever list, you really need to play more of the important classics and just thoroughly awesome games. MGSV is too full of wank and jank to be that high on any list.
I probably don't hold the same opinion of Uplay as most people, but I can't even bring myself to pay $1 for the first tier of the current Humble Bundle. That's right, I believe so firmly that Uplay is absolute garbage that I'm not even willing to pay $0.17 per game, solely based on the fact that they don't provide Steam keys for games which are all on Steam.

I'm firmly in the same camp, and that's despite having uPlay installed constantly, despite not playing any Ubi games because I've been a paid tester for them (and still am, shh)

And it's thoroughly terrible, especially for closed testing. Unable to even uninstall the game after testing has closed, etc.

It's just terrible software.
Y'all should bought when NewEgg had the whole thing for less than 10 with promo code

Being a not-Murcan is hard man.

Lolcomin

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lolcomin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Decay: The Mare -- MB-7DA489A6DBDD8DEE - Taken by ExoSoul
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-10CEE5F25E913408 - Taken by Madn
Eidolon -- MB-331F5432D34180ED - Taken by NingenJanai
140 -- MB-B51D902517DEB851 - Taken by 73V3N

Phinor

Only 1,95€ !!
Great bundle!

Or as we in Finland say, 2,03€. I still think it's funny and terrible how Bundle Stars adds VAT to prices causing all their games to cost more than RRP by default. Literally the store with highest prices for anything not discounted because of that.

Maniac

Banned
uplay has a purpose though. It's just that Ubisoft doesn't have neither the balls themselves or the confidence in their platform to do an Origin...yet

But they'll do it, they're not going to keep giving 30% of what they perceive to be their money to someone else when they could have it for themselves. And at some point, the lines on the graph are going to cross so as to make taking 100% of less sales seem like a better option than taking 70% of more sales.

I really don't see Ubisoft games continuing to be on steam as they are. they already tried some funny business at the end of last year in Europe with their AAA releases on steam and have been doing some suspect stuff with some of their games on the platform recently. I can totally see them angling to make that transition before the end of next year once they feel like Uplay is up to snuff and that their major AAA game engines are now better accustomed to the PC so that their current gen games aren't as messy.
They could get a lot more revenue out of Steam if they only bothered though, but they don't. So if the lines on the graph do cross, it's their own inability to utilise Cards, Achievements and good, positive community interaction, or hell even UGC. For something like their upcoming brawler-y game, that could be a very good fit.

Ubisoft is just a tad incompetent really.

So you're telling me you hate RPGs? Because that's all I'm getting from this post. And if it's in your 12 best games ever list, you really need to play more of the important classics and just thoroughly awesome games. MGSV is too full of wank and jank to be that high on any list.

I love RPGs. Hell, i can't really think of any genre i outright don't like or wont give a chance. I played Dragon Quest V this year and Xenoblade Chronicles, I've played almost the entirety of the final fantasy series and have enjoyed some time with many great wrpgs

and I've been gaming since 4. 32 now. I have decades of games under my belt, starting from the shitty atari version of pacman.

This is just one of those games that comes maybe once every 5 or so years that is beyond its peers in almost every category. I haven't felt like this about a AAA game since RDR.

but, hey, to each their own.

Grief.exe

That was a substantial logical leap.

Backlogger

Just got an email from Steam to verify my shipping address for my Steam Controller.

Email stated I needed to make sure my address was up to date by the 25th of September.

Hello {steam_username}

Please verify your shipping address.
To make sure we have the right shipping address on file for you and to avoid any delays in delivery, please ensure that your shipping address below is correct. You will receive a confirmation number once the product(s) have shipped.

If you need to make changes, please edit your shipping information by September 25, 2015.

Steam Controller
Invoice: {invoice_number}

Shipping address:
{shipping_address}

To make changes to the shipping address or view your order's status, visit your Steam Account Details.

Refunds and/or returns may be granted for many products on Steam. Learn more about Steam refunds here, or request a refund here.

The Steam Support Team
http://help.steampowered.com

Maniac

Banned
I love RPGs. Hell, i can't really think of any genre i outright don't like or wont give a chance. I played Dragon Quest V this year and Xenoblade Chronicles, I've played almost the entirety of the final fantasy series and have enjoyed some time with many great wrpgs

and I've been gaming since 4. 32 now. I have decades of games under my belt, starting from the shitty atari version of pacman.

This is just one of those games that comes maybe once every 5 or so years that is beyond its peers in almost every category. I haven't felt like this about a AAA game since RDR.

but, hey, to each their own.

If yo ass loves RPGs how can TW3 not be your GOTY?

I say god damn, Freedom! :p

TW3 has GOAT redhead!
That was a substantial logical leap.

I can mention a lot more than a dozen games that's much better than MGSV. But ofcourse to each their own and all that.

But seriously I cannot fathom MGSV as someones GOTY unless they've just not managed a lot of the great games we had this year. Especially if said person loves RPGs.

Though I concur, that is a substantial logical leap.It's still pretty logical though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just got an email from Steam to verify my shipping address for my Steam Controller.

Email stated I needed to make sure my address was up to date by the 25th of September.

Am jelly. I didn't get in on the early-bird shipment. :[

Looking forward to it so very, very much nonetheless.

If yo ass loves RPGs how can TW3 not be your GOTY?

I say god damn, Freedom! :p

TW3 has GOAT redhead!

I can mention a lot more than a dozen games that's much better than MGSV. But ofcourse to each their own and all that.

But seriously I cannot fathom MGSV as someones GOTY unless they've just not managed a lot of the great games we had this year. Especially if said person loves RPGs.

I loved TW2 but i've been waiting for CDPR to finally put up a flag and say "we're done updating this thing!" because i dont want to play it till that happens. So i've been waiting a while.

I'll probably check it out before the end of the year regardless of the game's status, though, because i like listening to GOTY podcasts and i don't wish to have the game spoiled for me before i get a chance to play it

Code:
Hello {steam_username}

Please verify your shipping address.
To make sure we have the right shipping address on file for you and to avoid any delays in delivery, please ensure that your shipping address below is correct. You will receive a confirmation number once the product(s) have shipped.

If you need to make changes, please edit your shipping information by September 25, 2015.

Steam Controller	
Invoice: {invoice_number}

Shipping address:
{shipping_address}

To make changes to the shipping address or view your order's status, visit your Steam Account Details.

Refunds and/or returns may be granted for many products on Steam. Learn more about Steam refunds here, or request a refund here.

The Steam Support Team
http://help.steampowered.com

I just got that email too. itshappening.gif

Turfster

Humble Total War bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Medieval II Collection
  • Viking
  • Shogun Collection
  • Rome Soundtrack
  • Arena Beta key
  • Battles: Kingdom
  • eBooks
  • Warhammer map
TIER 2: BTA
  • Medieval Collection
  • Empire Collection
  • ARENA gold
  • 66% off Attila coupon
TIER 3: 15$
  • ROME II Emperor + DLC

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Undertale

Welcome to UNDERTALE. In this RPG, you control a human who falls underground into the world of monsters. Now you must find your way out... or stay trapped forever.
features:

• Killing is unnecessary: negotiate out of danger using the unique battle system.
  • Time your attacks for extra damage, then dodge enemy attacks in a style reminiscent of top-down shooters.
  • Original art and soundtrack brimming with personality.
  • Soulful, character-rich story with an emphasis on humor.
  • Created mostly by one person.
  • Become friends with all of the bosses!
  • At least 5 dogs.
  • You can date a skeleton.
  • Hmmm... now there are 6 dogs...?
  • Maybe you won't want to date the skeleton.
  • I thought I found a 7th dog, but it was actually just the 3rd dog.
  • If you play this game, can you count the dogs for me...? I'm not good at it.

Arthea

That Rome II package for $15 of HB is actually a great deal... then again when I plan to play all that I already have.
But for once $15 tier is kinda worth it.

Seems like an oversight for a game about dating skeletons and counting dogs.

totally

Humble Total War bundle
  • Medieval II Collection
  • Viking
  • Shogun Collection
  • Rome Soundtrack
  • Arena Beta key
  • eBooks
  • Warhammer map
  • Medieval Collection
  • Empire Collection
  • ARENA gold
  • 66% off Attila coupon
  • ROME II Emperor + DLC

Urge to buy a collection of games I will never play rising!

Humble Total War bundle
  • Medieval II Collection
  • Viking
  • Shogun Collection
  • Rome Soundtrack
  • Arena Beta key
  • eBooks
  • Warhammer map
  • Medieval Collection
  • Empire Collection
  • ARENA gold
  • 66% off Attila coupon
  • ROME II Emperor + DLC

On the $1 tier at least, all of the the Steam games (Medieval 2, Viking, Shogun, Arena Beta) are in one key.

Same. Exciting :D

I just got that email too. itshappening.gif

Think my Steam Controller will be shipped out shortly after Sept 25th.

Shipping should still be around Oct 16, unless Valve announce that got pushed forward.

Sober

Rome 2 is good now, unless you're one of those people that complain about how hoplites fighting underhanded ruins the entire game for you (those people exist).

Maniac

Banned
I loved TW2 but i've been waiting for CDPR to finally put up a flag and say "we're done updating this thing!" because i dont want to play it till that happens. So i've been waiting a while.

I'll probably check it out before the end of the year regardless of the game's status, though, because i like listening to GOTY podcasts and i don't wish to have the game spoiled for me before i get a chance to play it

Aha. That does indeed explain it then. Fair enough. I'm really looking forward to the expansion. It looks gooooooood. Hope you enjoy it whenever you get around to it. To me it's GOTY with no close match, despite the fact that I'm having a ton of fun with MGSV. Get hyped man.
Oh dear. Don't open the Neogaf GOTY thread.

I don't think I ever have, because... GAF, as with any sizeable community, tends to land squarely on mainstream wank more often than not, so I don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom