• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

ETkXSqB.png

pnda.gif

Salsa

oh man there was a bundle with the marvelous miss take and other stuff like a couple weeks ago right

thought id grab this later and just realized I never did

Why buy a game that is more than a month out? Silly people.

Don't even get that hot +1

1) I like this game a lot
2) I got card money
3) I tend to forget about release dates and miss the discounts / this discount is big enough

I missed the original discount from owning the original flash ver. for Rebirth

FloatOn

Pointing it out still kind of sucks though, ridiculous / "what the hell does it mean" or not. Be like pointing out the antagonist identity for P4 Golden as a spoiler in a random Xbox thread. Most people it probably means nothing, but to some, damn.

I'm not worried about it. I will never ever play kingdom hearts. The first 10 minuts of it on ps2 was crappy enough to convince me.

Salsa

damn, AndroidGAF thread is very hostile territory

it aint as hostile as it is useless if you're not a high-end power user that buys every single thing that comes out or something

asked for advice on the moto g and other stuff before too and was either ignored or treated like some poor pleeb

Megauap

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eidolon -- MB-D06FAB041883B1C7 - Taken by Purkake4. 10 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-91CB1C23C5CC8054 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 10 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-EB1081FE2277316D - Taken by thesaucetastic. 6 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat (may not work, Steam redeemed it although I already had the game on my account) -- MB-0988D6FE2E7D855A - Taken by TheLight. 8 entrants total.

t1442355825z1.png

Ludens

Banned
The only cut content I want to see is the beginning of the
nuclear
trailer. That wasn't anywhere in the game and it seemed like some important piece. I can't imagine Kojima just tailored a false scene for show. The youtube mission was really bad anyways so I don't care much for that got cut nor the Camp Omega stuff since it already exists with GZ.

I think I found the location of that trailer, is in Africa, in the Mine Mission 3. At least it's similar.

rtcn63

The main reason I haven't picked up a Moto G 2015 is the lack of OIS and the screen being apparently worse than the previous year's (check the Anand review).

I'm still waiting for a Moto E 2015 to drop to ~$50, maybe during the holidays.

L.O.R.D

it aint as hostile as it is useless if you're not a high-end power user that buys every single thing that comes out or something

asked for advice on the moto g and other stuff before too and was either ignored or treated like some poor pleeb

i remembered when i post i was going to buy my first android device HTC m9
they all freaked out , its like i am going to die or something
they take everything too seriously

I think I found the location of that trailer, is in Africa, in the Mine Mission 3. At least it's similar.

It's the Ditadi abandoned village for sure. It's in the center of the map. The vultures in trailer can even be found in that area. It's also the village that Eli's "men" allegedly came from. The village was clearly a part of the story at some point...yet another cut detail we will likely never understand.

Based on the trailer, and the childrens circumstances when you find them... I can only imagine what crazy shit would have happened in the cutscene.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
actual android OT post

That kinda stuff isn't relegated to the Android OT though. It's the reason I stopped frequenting and/or participating in the "I need a new PC" thread. So much elitist bullshit going on in there, I've even stopped directing people to that thread.

Salsa

That kinda stuff isn't relegated to the Android OT though. It's the reason I stopped frequenting and/or participating in the "I need a new PC" thread. So much elitist bullshit going on in there, I've even stopped directing people to that thread.

speaking of me being poor

where that sell all cards button you promised me by blood

Isn't that the attitude of every person involved in high-end smartphones? Android or Apple.

My smartphone cost £50 and plays everything I throw at it.

More like foolish people trying justify their ridiculously expensive purchases.

Sounds like poor people talk to me.

But seriously phone snobs are the worst, my 2 year old no name smart phone does everything I need it to do, I've never been huge on cell phones in the first place so I guess I don't get the constant need for $600+ phones.

Salsa

phone stuff is dumb in general

I like watching some review stuff, I enjoy MKBHD's videos and all (mostly cause of camera talk tho) but I just laugh every time he goes with stuff like the 'wtf fuck cases' attitude and is all "god no fuck cases they ruin the phone's design which you'll wanna show off cause its beautiful and you'll be changing the phone next year anyway just dont drop it"

yeah we're all just floodin with income and change phones every year mmkay

I rather have this bulky thing and live like a normal life putting money where it's better suited (obv steam games). it's like that existence aint even a possibility for them as part of their viewers

Maniac

Banned
Oh, c'mon, people said it wouldn't last a week when I launched it :)

You're stirring up a right proper fuss though!

Although I have to say, the fact that developers (especially really small pseudo-indie ones) can somewhat check the sales data without having to go through their publisher (and thus see if the publisher is in fact cheating / scamming them) is pretty positive, albeit a shitstorm waiting to happen.

I like your data though. It's sexy, even if some of it is useless, some of it is really useful.

Gamingside can be so awful at times.
The Kingdom hearts thread is literally nothing but portbegging for a nextgen version. Nothing wrong with that.

One single guy posts "KH complete collection on Steam, Believe" immediatly people jump had him, want him to get banned, including a mod. Pathetic.

If it isn't port begging for a Sony console then it doesn't work.

:>

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh, c'mon, people said it wouldn't last a week when I launched it :)

Using that scale of proportional wrongness you'll be around for a hundred years.

I do think this is going to become a more frequent problem for you, though. Best of luck!

Arthea

That might be overthinking it, but I'm not sure it's even possible to have one coherent thread like this, considering variety of supplies, prices and incomes around the globe, any PC hardware discussions annoy me a lot because of how most of it has nothing to do with reality I live in (very limited choices, high prices), it's probably even worse for argies and aussies, I assume, although if I was to judge by Jasec, aussies are filthy rich and can afford those prices.

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.
Steamspy lives because Valve moves at a snail's pace to do any major steam backend updates. Just ask Jshackles
Revoking my key takes couple of minutes, IP-block would take another 15 minutes. I'm also signing my API calls with User agent field just in case.

They know my email and they can lock me out if they want. I hope I'm providing service useful enough that they wouldn't do it.

So it's not about updating the backend. They were okay with Kyle Orland's work as well, when they could've shut him down a year and a half ago.

Maniac

Banned
phone stuff is dumb in general

I like watching some review stuff, I enjoy MKBHD's videos and all (mostly cause of camera talk tho) but I just laugh every time he goes with stuff like the 'wtf fuck cases' attitude and is all "god no fuck cases they ruin the phone's design which you'll wanna show off cause its beautiful and you'll be changing the phone next year anyway just dont drop it"

yeah we're all just floodin with income and change phones every year mmkay

I rather have this bulky thing and live like a normal life putting money where it's better suited (obv steam games). it's like that existence aint even a possibility for them as part of their viewers

I don't want a case ruining the good looks of my HTC One (M7, IE the OG one, yo)

It's hotrod red and damn sexy, and I've good experiences with the place I got it from, so if it gets damaged within like two or three years (consumer protection & consumer rights are great in Denmark) I can just have it repaired and parts replaced free of charge.

That being said it still doesn't change that I'm too lazy to actually have it fixed; the bottom metal part with the speaker grid is bent quite a lot, but... You know, lazyness.

Feeling really damn sad doesn't help, either.

Salsa

I havent been on the I need a new PC threads in a while but a couple posters there were really helpful for sure

I don't want a case ruining the good looks of my HTC One (M7, IE the OG one, yo)

It's hotrod red and damn sexy, and I've good experiences with the place I got it from, so if it gets damaged within like two or three years (consumer protection & consumer rights are great in Denmark) I can just have it repaired and parts replaced free of charge.

That being said it still doesn't change that I'm too lazy to actually have it fixed; the bottom metal part with the speaker grid is bent quite a lot, but... You know, lazyness.

Feeling really damn sad doesn't help, either.

I just realize that in theory I like phones and that hot new tech and all but at least for me it really is just "new toy" mentality

like yeah I get a new phone and the first few days I turn on the screen just to look at animations and go "ohhh" at how smooth or whatever and all

then its just a phone

why was I going nuts over this little minuscule hair that got stuck under my screen protector

I only use it for whatsapp and spotify and like browsing maybe

its a phone

I know its some sort of cliched attitude at this point but this last phone exhange made me realize that's truly where im at, which is honestly liberating

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.
interesting , but they always tell how many bundle being sold
or you are talking about the Humble Bundle store ?
People suggested adding an information to the game page if it was in Humble Bundle and how many copies that bundle sold. Seems useful enough to dig into it.

derExperte

actual android OT post

��

After taking a quick look into that thread it's obvious that it's a running joke based on him and others not particularly liking the OnePlus 2.

Me, I don't discriminate. As long as your PC has an SSD. If not go get a job or something you lazy bum.

MUnited83

For you.

New game from Long Live the Queen devs.

Steamspy lives because Valve moves at a snail's pace to do any major steam backend updates. Just ask Jshackles

Not really though. Literally all they would have to do to kill Steamspy if they wanted would just revoke galyonkin access to Steam API.
And Valve already contacted him once when he started a subscription service and said to cut it out.
If Valve had an issue with steamspy, it would already be down.

Arthea

People suggested adding an information to the game page if it was in Humble Bundle and how many copies that bundle sold. Seems useful enough to dig into it.

That does sound useful! Actually all bundles have counters of how many bundles are sold, but it's probably too much work to try tracking them all.

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.
Using that scale of proportional wrongness you'll be around for a hundred years.

I do think this is going to become a more frequent problem for you, though. Best of luck!
Well, I got around 10 take-down requests so far and most of them happened in the first month. So it's not a big problem.

It's the first time developers are asking for information about their own game. I would assume that developers should have an access to this kind of information (it's possible to do on Steam) or would be at least provided with screenshots.

I mean, if your publisher doesn't provide you with this, you don't need SteamSpy to understand that something shady is going on.

Maniac

Banned
Revoking my key takes couple of minutes, IP-block would take another 15 minutes. I'm also signing my API calls with User agent field just in case.

They know my email and they can lock me out if they want. I hope I'm providing service useful enough that they wouldn't do it.

So it's not about updating the backend. They were okay with Kyle Orlando's work as well, when they could've shut him down a year and a half ago.

Steam Gauge, right?

If so I believe his name is Orland, not Orlando. But yeah, I figure it's a fine line between you having a useful service for their users (on both the consumer and developer level) and you getting in the way or overreaching. So do be careful. :p

Salsa

im all about PC tech tho

an SSD is sexier than any phone even when I can never see it inside the case

I know its there

not spinning

So it's not about updating the backend. They were okay with Kyle Orlando's work as well, when they could've shut him down a year and a half ago.

I can't speak to what Kyle Orlando did but I imagine that publishers will put further pressure to not have these numbers so openly displayed. And Valve has bowed to publisher pressures before, such as when they clamped down on cross region trading and such.

I don't doubt Valve is okay with Steamspy but if enough noise comes along they'll start changing it up.

I appreciate your site and hope that none of this comes to pass though!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

That's a great attitude to have, and it's the same one I take with Enhanced Steam / Idle Master. I've even been invited to Valve headquarters on a few occasions, so it's not like they're completely oblivious. I've emailed Gabe Newell several times, and even let him (and others at Valve) know that if they wanted me to stop what I was doing all they needed to do was ask.

Like you, I hope that these programs provide a valuable enough service to their "power users" that they wouldn't ask (or force) me to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom