• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Megauap, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eidolon -- MB-D06FAB041883B1C7 - Taken by Purkake4. 10 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-91CB1C23C5CC8054 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 10 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-EB1081FE2277316D - Taken by thesaucetastic. 6 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat (may not work, Steam redeemed it although I already had the game on my account) -- MB-0988D6FE2E7D855A - Taken by TheLight. 8 entrants total.

t1442355825z1.png

Salsa

Thats a shame, I hope he doesn't end as a one hit wonder...

he's not really a one hit wonder

he made Aquaria and Eternal Daughter

he was always more involved in a more behind the scenes way with many things and just very involved with early indie scene

that's like saying Cactus is a one hit wonder with Hotline Miami

derExperte

On more Steam related things. I don;t even know why did i took Amnesia. I guess Jase fever is spreading so fast that even users like me who don't care about game count on Steam are getting +1 when it is free.

Why would you not care about one of the best horror games?

Tenrius

Tried playin Long Live the Queen and there's no sound and it seems to be a somewhat common issue with no apparent solution. OH WELL

Salsa

R* is already "bashing" that BBC drama about Houser brothers XD

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/643894919774478336

1TyISWJ.jpg

This will be good XD

On more Steam related things. I don;t even know why did i took Amnesia. I guess Jase fever is spreading so fast that even users like me who don't care about game count on Steam are getting +1 when it is free.

I expect a super clever and real subtle BBC parody / pun in GTAVI

SHITBC! *logo is something flipping you off*

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
FACT: im totally down with this and legit excited about it

k5keSpW.png
Eh not a fan. But then again i dont care for RE and there are very few competitive games i enjoy. If its good though ill give it a shot, dont see why not. They should have a dem--, oh i mean beta, thats what we call them these says anyway

Salsa

- recent RE mechanics are great for action games and honestly more sutied for something like this

- mercenaries is great

- that shitty operation racoon city game had potential and a good concept but slant six ruined it and this is just cacpcom

- pc port guaranteed butter

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Synonymy -- MB-0B8603209CDFB671 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Sword of the Samurai -- MB-DDDA2826E7139F76 - Taken by Hektor. 3 entrants total.
Naninights -- MB-8DDF61A11092FBD0 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Remute bundles are nothing but trash
Pixel Poetry -- MB-9E230240C2F9E835 - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.

t1442354505z1.png

Salsa

also nuts and cool that they're using Unity

cacpcom is great man

comeback

we just had to sacrifice megaman for the greater good

What happened to capcom's engine for this gen anyway, the one deep down is being developed on? Wasnt that supposed to be their flagship engine like how mt frameworks was last gen?

Nzyme32

R* is already "bashing" that BBC drama about Houser brothers XD

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/643894919774478336

1TyISWJ.jpg

This will be good XD

In fairness, right off the bat it is more on the side of dramatisation than anything else. Edit. Dramatisation is putting it lightly haha

Multiplayer games aren't simply just products, which is a lesson you would think publishers learned in the last generation where they bolted on multiplayer modes on every triple A game in some vain attempt at player retention and failed over and over and over. It's not even Capcom's first crack at bat with Resident Evil as a multiplayer game.

If it's a paid product, you're competing with Call of Duty, Battlefield, Counter-Strike and Halo. If it's on PC, you're competing with so many free to play options. Unless it's completely amazing, or f2p, it's going to be dead in a few short months.

What happened to capcom's engine for this gen anyway, the one deep down is being developed on? Wasnt that supposed to be their flagship engine like how mt frameworks was last gen?

Because developing tools and engines takes time and money, things that Capcom does not appear to have or can no longer afford. Despite many developers having a similar ambition, no one really made a dent in the grip Unity and Unreal had in their respective markets. The closest was Crytek and they kinda went nowhere with the Cry Engine.

Jawmuncher

Multiplayer games aren't simply just products, which is a lesson you would think publishers learned in the last generation where they bolted on multiplayer modes on every triple A game in some vain attempt at player retention and failed over and over and over. It's not even Capcom's first crack at bat with Resident Evil as a multiplayer game.

If it's a paid product, you're competing with Call of Duty, Battlefield, Counter-Strike and Halo. If it's on PC, you're competing with so many free to play options. Unless it's completely amazing, or f2p, it's going to be dead in a few short months.

Resident Evil has a pretty die-hard fanbase. People are still playing Outbreak even now. Not to mention mercenaries on RE5 and RE6. If the game is at least good, they'll at least keep the small base as the years go. At least they're smart with the price. 30 dollars is going to be easier to swallow for a lot of people. Now it's just a case of reviews, since people are going to be playing it safe after ORC.

ooh ok, well fuck their custom engine anyway, its easier for people to do unofficial mods on unreal and shit anyway.

Resident Evil has a pretty die-hard fanbase. People are still playing Outbreak even now. Not to mention mercenaries on RE5 and RE6. If the game is at least good, they'll at least keep the small base as the years go. At least they're smart with the price. 30 dollars is going to be easier to swallow for a lot of people. Now it's just a case of reviews, since people are going to be playing it safe after ORC.

yea they learned from 2K's arrogance (and soon to be Ubi's as well. I'm telling you, that tom clancy game or w/e its called is going to bomb, people are not going to just happily pony up $60 for a multiplayer only game)

People still playing Outbreak doesn't mean it was financial viable for Capcom to make the game in the first place. Maybe Capcom have committed to a smaller scale project with modest targets so it might be profitable, but as a large scale publisher I'm going to guess that won't be the case.

Jawmuncher

Operation Raccoon City was 2012 right?

so this is what capcom got these guys doing

Actually those guys don't even exist anymore. In the other thread it was said the game was being handled by capcom themselves. By a new team comprised of mostly newer talent.
People still playing Outbreak doesn't mean it was financial viable for Capcom to make the game in the first place. Maybe Capcom have committed to a smaller scale project with modest targets so it might be profitable, but as a large scale publisher I'm going to guess that won't be the case.

With a 30 dollar price tag it's a smaller affair. They've been treating everything pretty carefully. Since it seems they're taking the small budget big profit to heart. What with all of the remasters we have been seeing. Not to mention with every release they have been saying "sold better than our expectations". So they seem to be keeping stuff in check. At a 30 price point if the reviews are good and they offer some DLC, I don't think they have anything to worry about for profit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Imagine all the 4k Saoirse gift/pics/videos you can load at the same time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Haha, actually, there is an interview from I think TIFF 2013 that I couldn't watch because of my useless connection. I'll try to remember to dig it up later.

I asked to start work an hour early last night so I could finish an hour early and get a decent amount of sleep, but I kept waking up. I feel like a kid on Christmas.

American English might as well be called American Gobbledygook.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Exile's End -- MB-912AE62E00AA9C27 - Taken by derExperte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom