• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.
That's a great attitude to have, and it's the same one I take with Enhanced Steam / Idle Master. I've even been invited to Valve headquarters on a few occasions, so it's not like they're completely oblivious. I've emailed Gabe Newell several times, and even let him (and others at Valve) know that if they wanted me to stop what I was doing all they needed to do was ask.

Like you, I hope that these programs provide a valuable enough service to their "power users" that they wouldn't ask (or force) me to stop.
Yes, that's the idea :)

I've been to Valve and to Steam Dev Days a year and a half ago. They have really nice office :)

Salsa

oh this a circlejerk thread now

I once made a joke app

I visited ace team studios

I dated a grammy winner

I saw a gabe newell graffiti

I just paid for my own pizza

MUnited83

For you.
There is a Wikipedia page for this, so it boils down to scraping it once a week or so :)

I believe the Wikipedia page is quite incomplete.

Looking into this could be somewhat helpful http://cheesetalks.net/humble/#chartPlayground
They also have a github with the tools they use to scrape the data directly from Humble.

I once made a joke app

I dated a grammy winner

I bought a 5% beer!

:)P)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I once made a joke app

I dated a grammy winner

I won't be impressed until you finally upgrade your 2GB 680.

Revoking my key takes couple of minutes, IP-block would take another 15 minutes. I'm also signing my API calls with User agent field just in case.

They know my email and they can lock me out if they want. I hope I'm providing service useful enough that they wouldn't do it.

So it's not about updating the backend. They were okay with Kyle Orland's work as well, when they could've shut him down a year and a half ago.
You're doing good stuff. Really funny how a dev takes their numbers from you and their own pub tries to shut it down, haha.

MUnited83

For you.
im better than bernardo at rocket league

like way way

WAYYYY
CMPubC5WEAACst2.jpg:orig

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles senpai stop ignoring me

The "sell all" button is still in the works, but right after I released 7.8 (which included the quick sell and relist features) Valve changed some of their market code which made things a little wonky. This should all be fixed up now in 7.9 which was released last night, but I'm waiting for more feedback on this before moving forward with additional market automation features.

Salsa

You can always accept my challenge so we can settle this once for all ;)

the disparity between our skill levels clearly determines that there's nothing to be settled

so the added pressure of potentially running out of controller batteries or a random earthquake affecting our match and me losing in an unfair way is too big

besides, I already smashed you and another gaffer playing 2v1 against me like 6-0 or something

being real tho: I need to play the rest of my gaf tourney matches before the 18th, doomed with these timezones

Turfster

That's literally impossible.(the reselling part I mean)

Do a Europe-wide ebay search for PC games and you'll run into a lot (mostly from Italy, weirdly) of offers where you "buy" the game for a ridiculously low price, but actually get access to a throwaway account with only that game on it that you have access to for X hours, after which you need to play the game offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom