• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Is that a mod or in the game by default?

In the game. You can also change the colour of him, give him a glass eye and stuff.

Also you can dress up Quiet in a "Blood (Nude)" outfit, basically her standard splattered in blood, but it gets better...

You can get her a gold costume, so she's like the lady from James Bond. All golden boobies and shit. It's glorious.
Is that a real thing? That windows 10 is ass for games? Ive only generally read good things for games with it but i havent upgraded yet.

It's quite wonky for older games, but so was 7 compared to vista, so on so forth. Compatibility mode works quite well though, or so I'm told.

Sch1sm

Is that a real thing? That windows 10 is ass for games? Ive only generally read good things for games with it but i havent upgraded yet.

Everything is ass for games until the necessary updates/patches/fixes are put in, whether on Windows, NVIDIA/AMD's, or dev ends. Let's be real.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's worse insofar that, by virtue of being new, it is compatible with fewer older games. Other than that it's about the same: some games run a little worse while others run a tad better.

Yes since it still needs fixing due to it being new. This windows is also the first time they handled it different, right now it's the equivalent of getting early access to it.

Everything is ass for games until the necessary updates/patches/fixes are put in, whether on Windows, NVIDIA/AMD's, or dev ends. Let's be real.

It's worse insofar that, by virtue of being new, it is compatible with fewer older games. Other than that it's about the same: some games run a little worse while others run a tad better.

Yea, I notice they slowly are fixing some issues so they will get there one day.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yes since it still needs fixing due to it being new. This windows is also the first time they handled it different, right now it's the equivalent of getting early access to it.

Yea, I notice they slowly are fixing some issues so they will get there one day.

Yeah i always intended to wait a bit because of compat issues, hopefully they are resolved like with every other windows.

just sittin here on my chopper while I wait in-game minutes for my R&D department to finish up my new weapons

thanks kojima

Use cheat engine to speed up the game. It's the only solution for now.
This is basically the worse version of DA:Inquisition dispatch mission. In DA:I, the progression is still ongoing even while you're not playing the game. And I remember that people bash that particular part of DA:I as well. But apparently, people seem fine with this one instead. Somehow.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You tried Flyvpn? Only thing I can think of is you might run into issues if you have your computer connected to a secondary router through ethernet instead of directly into the wall.

Salsa

guessing there was like a visual update for Steam just now?

skins seem to be fucked with this "YOU" green thing on the left

rqhGUZQ.png

It's probably an issue with your router, try plugging directly into the wall if possible. I ran into a similar issue back when I used one.

And yeah, skins are fucked. Steam default is so ugly so I'll just have to deal with it for a few days I guess until Metro updates. Busy anyway so it won't be too hard.

Sch1sm

guessing there was like a visual update for Steam just now?

skins seem to be fucked with this "YOU" green thing on the left

rqhGUZQ.png

That popped up for me after the update, but I saw the whole message. It was talking about adding a phone number to the account, etc. I assume it's because of grid view that you can't see the full message - not that it's perfect in the other views, either.

Scratch that, shows up for me fine in grid view, too.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I haven't had many issues on win10. Most are just driver issues that are fixed easily.

If I add a phone number, does that mean I might get a phone call that isn't a scammer or debt collector?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
what's this free update btw?

dont you just mean the Redux UE4 version? thats already out

Oh, so it is. I guess I'm just a little behind the times.

Salsa

Speaking of the redux version, should I play it first or just stick to vanilla?

i'd play it first. It's virtually the same game but on UE4 instead of UE3, new save system, and some graphical tweaks

dont think there's any reason to play the old version anymore

I almost bought it many times for $8-$10 or so. Now I paid $3 and get to play the Redux updated version out the gate

awhyeah

Oh cool, Steam support just replied to the ticket I made on June 11 during the Summer Sale about not receiving cards for purchases. And it was just a cookie cutter reply. Thanks guys.

When did having an email address for 2 factor authentication become not enough? Why would I want my phone that can be stolen or lost associated with my valuable Steam account and other accounts? Email seems like it's way safer.

SSPssp

I didn't need to use a VPN (I'm in USA) on Nuuvem for this:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-7BEB4B08DAA89E66 - Taken by Se7enSword. 12 entrants total.

t1442369926z1.png

Jawmuncher

I don't know if its my PC or steam. But some game updates like kill my computer. Right now the update for CSGO is gully done yet it can't unpack for some reason. Just sitting at 103mb saying unpacking and then it gives up. I uninstalled Ark because it did the same thing. Are updates handled differently for some games? Since other times it's not an issue.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
When did having an email address for 2 factor authentication become not enough? Why would I want my phone that can be stolen or lost associated with my valuable Steam account and other accounts? Email seems like it's way safer.

let's not get carried away, google, yahoo, microsoft have already been doing this for like what five years, maybe.

Dmax3901

i'd play it first. It's virtually the same game but on UE4 instead of UE3, new save system, and some graphical tweaks

dont think there's any reason to play the old version anymore

I almost bought it many times for $8-$10 or so. Now I paid $3 and get to play the Redux updated version out the gate

awhyeah

Same, awyes.

I don't know if its my PC or steam. But some game updates like kill my computer. Right now the update for CSGO is gully done yet it can't unpack for some reason. Just sitting at 103mb saying unpacking and then it gives up. I uninstalled Ark because it did the same thing. Are updates handled differently for some games? Since other times it's not an issue.

It happened on me as well when I installed Tomb Raider Underworld back then. The game just can't completely installed.
After a couple of tries, I gave up and uninstalled the game completely.

Salsa

the thing im saddest about breaking my phone and getting a new one is that I lost my You Must Build A Boat save

I just realized this

why doesnt Google do automatic cloud saves with their stupid google play games thing

jshackles

the thing im saddest about breaking my phone and getting a new one is that I lost my You Must Build A Boat save

I just realized this

why doesnt Google do automatic cloud saves with their stupid google play games thing

They offer the service, it's up to devs to take advantage of it. In your case, you played a game that doesn't support that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom