• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
BernardoOne currently has one of the most helpful reviews for a little title called Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight. I'm pretty sure he liked it.

Life is strange.

To be fair, it's hard to screw up a match three game :p. I mean, it's no Bejeweled, but it's an alright time-waster. I would have given it a positive review if it wasn't for the issues with the port. I mean, I'm not expecting much from such a title, but no windowed mode or most awfully, NO MOUSE SUPPORT in a three match game? That's terrible.

To be fair, it's hard to screw up a match three game :p. I mean, it's no Bejeweled, but it's an alright time-waster. I would have given it a positive review if it wasn't for the issues with the port. I mean, I'm not expecting much from such a title, but no windowed mode or most awfully, NO MOUSE SUPPORT in a three match game? That's terrible.
Does Let It Go play in the background? This is a critical factor for my enjoyment.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yesterday:
4664778471.png

Today:
4667216490.png

So this is what life is like in the 21st century.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Live in Portland, Oregon. We've been stuck with Comcast forever.

But Google Fiber is scheduled to come to our city next year, so that should be fun.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anyone else getting this phone number thing?

sHsHe2H.png

Just added mine, new feature? I've never seen it before

Yeah, it came with the latest client update.

Too bad they don't support my phone number/drug dealer lifestyle.

Vuze

Yesterday:
4664778471.png

Today:
4667216490.png

So this is what life is like in the 21st century.
Pretty insane upgrade. I'm looking forward to the 50 down / 2 up connection that should be available in our hicksville later this year if all goes according to plan. Currently rocking a similar connection to your previous one haha

Copons

Not sure if it was posted yet, but Nuuvem has The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for $2.84, an all time low.

Purchasing the game now will also give you the free update that's releasing soon.

Just bought it (Italy, no VPN needed), buuuuuuut it doesn't show any key in my Nuuvem library.
There is the game, there is the "Activate Game on Steam" button (which basically just gives instructions on how to download and sign up on Steam), but simply nothing where for the other games it shows the key.

I guess they're just being slow? But how slow is too slow for Nuuvem?

JaseC

Pretty insane upgrade. I'm looking forward to the 50 down / 2 up connection that should be available in our hicksville later this year if all goes according to plan. Currently rocking a similar connection to your previous one haha

Generally speaking, the slower speed didn't overly bother me outside of annoyances like having to spend release day downloading a game because there was no pre-load, but I am glad that's all behind me now.

Copons

Generally speaking, the slower speed didn't overly bother me outside of annoyances like having to spend release day downloading a game because there was no pre-load, but I am glad that's all behind me now.

You know what sucks?
When you get a taste of that 80/20 for several months because you early adopted the fiber in the neighborhood, but then everybody else jumps on the bandwagon and the ISP doesn't give enough shit to plop more fiber boxes around, and you get back to non-fiber speeds. :'(

Hektor

The logical next step. Cant wait for the MOBA.

MGSV Late-game
Fucking army of tanks vs you and Quiet. I get them to drop me my multiple rocket launcher, but somehow the last wave of tanks is taking 5+ hits to destroy, while normally it's 2-3. Unless my rockets have magically become less accurate. Maybe I should try the killer bee instead, less power, but it homes in. I was like two tanks away from finishing.

Feel our pain. Easily the worst mission in the game.

Tempted on getting A Fistful of Gun at Nuuvem. However, haven't seen any reviews for the game.

This game costs money now? lol.

dex3108

You know what sucks?
When you get a taste of that 80/20 for several months because you early adopted the fiber in the neighborhood, but then everybody else jumps on the bandwagon and the ISP doesn't give enough shit to plop more fiber boxes around, and you get back to non-fiber speeds. :'(

In my contract for cable internet it says that ISP is obligated to maintain Internet speed stated in contract. If they don't you can leave them before contract ended or sue them.

JaseC

You know what sucks?

Yeah, Netflix launching in Australia changed the landscape completely -- now people are making good use of their connections more often than not. The system by which ISPs are charged for bandwidth on the NBN simply doesn't allow them to increase their bandwidth pools without paying ridiculous amounts of money, which is particularly problematic for smaller providers, so understandably most just let the congestion issues continue until they absolutely have to increase capacity. It's why I'm "only" getting ~85Mbps rather than ~100Mbps, but things will get better in the future as NBN Co will be seeking industry input on how to reform pricing.

milena87

I'll try not to bother people in here too much (because personally, I really hate people who are pushy about donating to charity) but I wanted to let everyone know that my donation drive for Extra Life 2015 is open, and I'm giving away profile badges and over $1,000 worth of games courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com:

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/enhancedsteam

My goal this year is to raise $1,000 for my local children's hospital, and hopefully fans of Enhanced Steam / Idle Master can help me reach that goal. Thanks everyone for your consideration!

I loved the stream last year. Count me in!

Copons

In my contract for cable internet it says that ISP is obligated to maintain Internet speed stated in contract. If they don't you can leave them before contract ended or sue them.

ISPs ain't dum-dums though.
Mine's guaranteed speeds are half of what I'm getting now.

Also, in Italy, the very idea of suing a phone company is totally laughable, and over internet speeds is just not possible.

There is an actual software to test the speed (called "Nemesys" and supplied by the authority that controls telecommunication companies) that has legal value and can be used to break up with your phone company without paying penalties of some sort.

Fact is, I've never been able to make it work.
To start the test, you have to meet a huge amount of bullshit requirements (to avoid some kind of tampering), like: no other program running at the same time, no other device connected to the same network, no Mac, and so on.
Of course, when I booted in safe mode and thrown away all my laptops and phones it usually gave me a nondescript error.
The one time I managed to launch it, I discovered that it needs like 24 hours to perform multiple tests to be sure it's not just a momentary hiccup.
During those 24 hours, if anything goes wrong, the test stops and you have to start over again.
It happened to me, like I-don't-know-how-many hours in, when I got back home from work and forgot to turn off the phone's wi-fi. The phone connected to the network and the test died immediately after.

At that point, I realized I'm totally fine with my speeds. :D

Konami is localizing MGSV on Chinese & Korean text, releasing December 2015.
Is that the reason they decided to push back MGO PC to January?

shira

Anyone else getting this phone number thing?

sHsHe2H.png

Just added mine, new feature? I've never seen it before

No fucking way. What happens if you change your phone # or you aren't at home.

"Please answer at the given phone # or else your account will be locked"

Dr.Acula

Banned
No fucking way. What happens if you change your phone # or you aren't at home.

"Please answer at the given phone # or else your account will be locked"

It's standard two-step.

If you try to login to Steam on a secondary computer it texts you a code you need to input in addition to your PW. So if someone wants to steal your acct, they need your PW and your phone.

dex3108

ISPs ain't dum-dums though.
Mine's guaranteed speeds are half of what I'm getting now.

Also, in Italy, the very idea of suing a phone company is totally laughable, and over internet speeds is just not possible.

There is an actual software to test the speed (called "Nemesys" and supplied by the authority that controls telecommunication companies) that has legal value and can be used to break up with your phone company without paying penalties of some sort.

Fact is, I've never been able to make it work.
To start the test, you have to meet a huge amount of bullshit requirements (to avoid some kind of tampering), like: no other program running at the same time, no other device connected to the same network, no Mac, and so on.
Of course, when I booted in safe mode and thrown away all my laptops and phones it usually gave me a nondescript error.
The one time I managed to launch it, I discovered that it needs like 24 hours to perform multiple tests to be sure it's not just a momentary hiccup.
During those 24 hours, if anything goes wrong, the test stops and you have to start over again.
It happened to me, like I-don't-know-how-many hours in, when I got back home from work and forgot to turn off the phone's wi-fi. The phone connected to the network and the test died immediately after.

At that point, I realized I'm totally fine with my speeds. :D

When my ISP f-ed some things up i went on social media and politely told them how incompetent they are and that are idiots XD After 15 minutes they called me and next day i was talking with lady that was regional boss or something like that and everything they told me that is impossible became possible just like that :D So sometimes you don't need to go on court. Social media means a lot for companies like that, bad reviews and comments are public and that can hurt them more than private lawsuit.

Knurek

I want Witcher 3 to be my 100th game of the year.
So close to that, just need to finish Time Gentlemen, Please! and find some other short game. Maybe Lume, considering it's only an hour or so. :)

Salsa

MGSV ending would have been more satisfying and rewarding / would literally make more sense if he got into a car and bumped into a soccer ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom